Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a new battery so i ordered one off the interweb........i got it today...the terminals are reversed..:mad.. I wanted one with a higher CCA than the MOCO. it was a 310......but it won't work.....damn it man.

·
Registered
751 Posts
:dunno Could get creative with the wiring?

I hate buying anything off the web unless I know exactly what I'm getting.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Where did you order it from? I got mine a few months back from battery mart with 400 cca for $99.00 and free shipping. The extra cca really it kicks over the motor like instantly.

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts
Where did you order it from? I got mine a few months back from battery mart with 400 cca for $99.00 and free shipping. The extra cca really it kicks over the motor like instantly.

What battery is that? Do you have a part number. It sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I bought mine from Batteries + I believe it is the biggest they make for my 110ci. Turns it over with no problem and at the time was the ONLY battery I saw with a full 24 month warranty. Cost $125 but I had a $10 coupon. Worth every penny, I highly recommend them.

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts

·
Poser Member # 99
18,053 Posts
I bought my replacement AGM Maintenance free battery from OReilly's for 99.00 free pick up Same battery that Battery mart sells and you can compare to yours to make sure it will work

:blahblah....:blahblah.....:blahblah

I know no one cares ............HUh

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
I needed a new battery so i ordered one off the interweb........i got it today...the terminals are reversed..:mad.. I wanted one with a higher CCA than the MOCO. it was a 310......but it won't work.....damn it man.
That really sucks... would not be an issue if the MOCO had spent a dollar in longer battery cables :banghead

Time to try that return/exchange policy...

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts
I bought my replacement AGM Maintenance free battery from OReilly's for 99.00 free pick up Same battery that Battery mart sells and you can compare to yours to make sure it will work

:blahblah....:blahblah.....:blahblah

I know no one cares ............HUh

That sounds good to me. I'd much rather see it and touch it before spending my bread. Thanks for the tip.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,117 Posts
Got my battery from Farm and Fleet 3 years ago, still running strong around 90 bucks....

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Check before you buy, the xl30 size won't fit a Sportster! If you need more cold cranking amps, about the only choice is a Lithium battery, to get any significant difference. Since you live in Florida, why do you need any more than stock cold cranking amps? Higher cold cranking amps, doesn't mean anything in normally warm weather. Only in the cold.

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,750 Posts
Does anyone happen to know what HD is getting for an OEM battery these days?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check before you buy, the xl30 size won't fit a Sportster! If you need more cold cranking amps, about the only choice is a Lithium battery, to get any significant difference. Since you live in Florida, why do you need any more than stock cold cranking amps? Higher cold cranking amps, doesn't mean anything in normally warm weather. Only in the cold.
High compression, need a little more umphhhh.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts