Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm running down the highway to work this evening and was coming up on a semi & went to pass him. Next thing I know is BAM! My knee and crotch scream out like they just had a visit from my ex wife! Swerving insured and radical application of throttle gets me through it! Get to work & my fairing looks a little different than when this adventure started.... See pics below!! But knee/crotch appear to be ok-no blood no foul..... I just found it strange that I was reading posts last night about passing trucks quickly & tonight I get popped! Just glad whatever it was didn't hit me in the bean!!! Ride safe brothers!!!
Something is a miss...... And yes I know she's a bit dirty!!!
ImageUploadedByMO Free1367992713.539618.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1367992731.863043.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Damn...glad your alright...

·
Earth-bound Misfit
624 Posts
That sucks. Not a good way to start the work day. Luckily its only plastic...not skin 'n bone.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Glad it wasn't any worse!

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
Possible bird strike?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Glad you came out of that with no personal bodily damage. Like other have said bike can be fixed.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
A dirty bike is a sign of a rider. Like a cluttered desk is the sign of a genius. That's why Obama's desk is cleared and a weekend warrior's bike is spotless.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Possible bird strike?
No it wasn't a bird=no feathers. Think it was asphalt or a chunk of tire because I think I saw a flash of black when it happened. But it was so fast I can't really tell. Looked in the mirror & just saw lexan all over the place so who knows???

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And thanks guys I'm ok knee just a little sore today. But like u all have said, better the bike than my face!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts