Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I went for a ride today also. 46* when I left. By the time I got home it had warmed up to 49*. No snow or salt on the roads so there's still some riding time left. :bikerguy:

·
Señor Member
19,836 Posts
Long johns under jeans under snow pants. I'm riding all winter.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I rode too. The day started out with snow but it eventually stopped and by late afternoon things dried out. Broke out the winter jacket and 3/4 helmet with full face. It was cold to say the least. No plan to put it away for at least a few weeks but I anticipate minimal usage for the rest of this year.

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
42* on the way out this afternoon = beautiful clear blue sky! 36* comin' home 2 hours later = hoping for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Went out at 4 pm temps around 46.
wind shield on bike
needed my balaclava under helmet shield
t shirt, under thermal shirt, under leather jacket with liner
will use long sleeve sweat shirt over the thermal shirt when temps drop below 40

dockers or jeans, under chaps
add thermal underwear for long rides at hiway speeds or weather under 40

heated gloves not plugged in from mid 50's down to mid 40's
then plug them in

boots with some lining at mid 50's (higher temps at hiway speed needs more protection)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I rode about 110 mile this afternoon and it was in the low 50's in Central Indiana. It was a great ride and an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Rode 250 miles yesterday in Arkansas...when I left the house it was 34* and frost on the ground...stayed nice and comfy...thanks to the Gerbings...

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Two couples rode to breakfast Sunday morning. Started out is T shirts & Jeans. Temps were in the low 60's but got better by the time we left. Then again to ride to a Birthday party for a friend. Sweatshirts were the uniform of the day. But it was a nice night for a little putt with temps in the mid 60's. This morning it was 46 and Sunny Brrrr

·
Former Lurker
3,736 Posts
Rode Sat am in Ms at about 33 degrees...
Rode again last night at about 45.
When I was in Ohio, I would put it up once the salt atarted going down, but I think I can ride all year here...

·
Registered
685 Posts
we usually ride all winter here . not everyday but we get some good rides in just throw on the long johns , leather, and switch over to the full cover helmet pair of decent gloves .and use the battery tender a bit .

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Rode yesterday.....brisk 65 degress, but the patron helped with the 8pm chilly ride down I-10 for 20 miles with temps in the 40s. And no chaps....burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Rode to Galveston and back. 79 degrees. :)

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Long johns under jeans under snow pants. I'm riding all winter.
Way to go Chief, I was out for 3 hours yesterday and plan to ride all winter as long as the snow is not out., just have to keep a look out for black ice.:woo

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride to work any day its not raining or below freezing. Lined chaps work down to about 45 or so and then its ski jumpers with the bib. Thermal underwear top and bottom, ls shirt. hoodie, leather jacket, a little something around the neck, thick ski gloves work when its down in the thirties. mmm mmm, warm and toasty and not in the cage.Ya gotta luv it!!!

·
Banned
71 Posts
I ride to work any day its not raining or below freezing. Lined chaps work down to about 45 or so and then its ski jumpers with the bib. Thermal underwear top and bottom, ls shirt. hoodie, leather jacket, a little something around the neck, thick ski gloves work when its down in the thirties. mmm mmm, warm and toasty and not in the cage.Ya gotta luv it!!!
Its Houston........not the north pole. :fitz

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I was out sick yesterday so managed to get the bike out a bit in the afternoon. It was about 63 here in Massachusetts. Today would be just as good but I dropped it off at a shop to deal with an oil leak.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts