Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my screaming eagle 96 inch 05 Super Glide to town today and bought a 09 Road King. Need more comfort. Seems sweet so far, 40 miles to the dealer each way, in rain hail and snow, What Fun!!! My new bike is Filthy Gross!!! Can't get the Ole Lady to wash it in the snow, wimp! LOL
Carl

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and too bad about the Ole Lady.

·
Registered
39,471 Posts
Did you try buying your OL a new pair of coveralls?

:hidesbehind

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Sweet bike Carl and major congrats. Your pick-up tale reminds when I bought a Wide Glide on a cold, wet snowy day. Forgot to bring the riding gloves. 40 miles to home like you. At about mile 20 my hands were blocks of ice so I went into the only store along the way... a c-store, and found the only thing I could buy to help... yellow playtex dishwashing gloves! "Style" is my middle name. Didn't do much for the cold but at least the hands were dry. :)

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
nice looking bike I like roadkings I really like the ones with the hard bags over soft, and you got the color right to :)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Congrats on new ride.:thumb..your NUTS:eek: Riding a brand new bike home in those conditions, maybe Im just to anal retentive? bike gets stored while not being riden w/ a layer of wax on it :nod couldn't imagine riding in those conditions:eekers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I put 100 on it today. I am lovin it. think I might go to the store or sumthin yet??????LOLOLO
Carl

·
Registered
98 Posts
took my screaming eagle 96 inch 05 Super Glide to town today and bought a 09 Road King. Need more comfort. Seems sweet so far, 40 miles to the dealer each way, in rain hail and snow, What Fun!!! My new bike is Filthy Gross!!! Can't get the Ole Lady to wash it in the snow, wimp! LOL
Carl
LMAO...

rode home on a brand new 09 RK classic last weekend myself :)....started rainin right as I got off it, been rainin ever since.....sheesh

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Bikerboy, you aren't too far away. Looks like this weekend might be ok, I gotta put some miles on!!!
Carl

·
Registered
28 Posts
me too Ultra Geezer

and to think I thought I was the only one. I bought a new 09 Ultra last week, headed home once hit hail, turned around waited awhile and then hit rain the rest of the way home. Shop spent a couple hours shining it up and I got it dirty in a hurry. Man 50mph is dang slow in a rain storm for 30+ miles. Spent most of Saturday re-cleaning.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
and to think I thought I was the only one. I bought a new 09 Ultra last week, headed home once hit hail, turned around waited awhile and then hit rain the rest of the way home. Shop spent a couple hours shining it up and I got it dirty in a hurry. Man 50mph is dang slow in a rain storm for 30+ miles. Spent most of Saturday re-cleaning.

Around here we consider it good luck for it to be raining on the day of delivery. Welcome.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hows everyone doing?? I got over 500 miles now, mostly in the rain! getting ready for the first service. I am loving my King!!!
Carl

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just clicked over the 2k mark on my Classic. Bike is filthy from the last ride (I posted about that in another thread). With over 500 miles, you ought to be done with the break-in period.
JD

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup, first 500 are done, now I can see a bit more about how she really runs!!! LOL
Before I really hammer I'll wait and do the 1000 mile service. Weather is getting better, gonna be a short fun summer.
Carl

·
Registered
623 Posts
Geezer Glides Rule (especially for geezers)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That bike is a Beauty, MikeYork!! Thanks to everyone. I have a bunch of vacation saved up!!!!
Carl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts