Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what started out being a nice ride today, turned in to an awesome time, then turned into a big freaking mess.

Left my home this morning somewhere around 9am made the trip to Effingham Il. nice ride, way back, not so nice....
tried beating the rain on the way home, NOT!!! didn't beat the light drizzle that filthified (is that a word?) my bike, then the short heavy rain, washed the bike back off, but stung the hell outa my face, not that it was any too pretty to start with. Then, may have only been for about 1/4 mile or so, and my have been small, but pea sized hail freakin hurts, course that had me slowed down to about 20 mph. got outa the hail, sunny, road drying off, thought, ok, rest of ride will be ok, by this point still have about 80 miles or so to go. NOT!!!
more light drizzle, more good steady rain, then more light drizzle, and the wind beatin me back and forth the whole time. plus having to ride with one hand for a good part of the time anyway due to constantly wiping my glasses so I could see.
Tell you what, the ride home SUCKED!!!, but the ride in general, and the overall trip, was awesome, and totally worth it. between 250 and 300 miles total

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
I hate the rain .... I gotta a buddy that when we go rinding and he is leading, it dont matter how nice it is to the left, if there is black clouds to the right then we are going right, damn craxy SOB

·
Junber Memior
9 Posts
Well, the good news is - you now know how to get there so should make it easier next week. Of course, I might not make the trip with you. You know- I will have to quit making love to my pipes first.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
Rain ain't so bad, as long as it's not f'in cold to go along with it. Worst part about rain is having to go slow.

Been on my back twice in the rain...if yer gonna lay it down, wet roads are a good option...barely put a hole in my t-shirts, no road rash, just a lot of bruises.

I pull over for hail though...yeah I'm a candyass like that.

Oh, and the cleaning of your bike after riding on wet roads sucks ass too, regardless of popular opinion, a flat black bike isn't easy to clean that crap off of, and it looks like ass if you don't clean it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts