Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well brothers I have been told to sell my Harley.... Right now I have the best of both worlds a 2008 Super Glide Custom and 2008 GSX-R 750. I love both bikes for different reasons. Reasons we all love our bikes for. The attached pictures are "sister pictures" of my two bikes.

I've ridden these bikes 24/7 and loved every minute. I even gave up my car, I love these bikes so much.

And now the wife has told me I can only have one bike. Since the Harley is more expensive, its got to go....Right now she thinks my putting the Harley on Ebay. Yeah right.

But like all wives, she is right, we have bills to pay.....but for a while I had it made....... I am going out for another ride......GEEZ what a day....

Attachments

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Those are 2 beauties and it would be a hard decision to make but we all have to make tuff decisions sometimes. Best of luck and one day you'll have it made again.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
It's tough, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Several years ago I walked in the house and the wife said the 65 mustang had to go. The situation we were in was my fault and so I did it. Hang on as long as you can. I sold the 65 in four days. I didn't get what I wanted, but it was enough to take care of business. The next two days, I got calls (about six of them) offering me what I wanted. :mad:

But now things are better. And I would do it again for the household.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the 750 is great and I love it. The speed, the sound, the look of the bike. Just a slight twist of the wrist and you are doing 110 mph. The handling is precise... the bike has this awesome power all the time... Nothing can catch me on the 750

Then there is the Harley.....the look of the bike, the rumble, the torque...the workmanship.....It feels just right...it has a classic look that I love. The Candy Apple Red color just shines in the sunlight. It's not as fast and doesn't handle like the gixxer, but that's ok....When I ride the Harley its for a different reason....

Anyway thank you for the opportunity to vent. I knew this group would understand. My friends have no idea since they all have cars and don't ride. Most of them think I am crazy for riding a motorcycle.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,203 Posts
We're all crazy for riding a motorcycle.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
sniff sniff.....I smell pussy.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
You got to do what you got to do!!MAN Up!IT sucks but you can get another one I you really want.
Im selling my bike and my custom truck I dont want to but I got to man up and ive poured my heart and soul into those rides
But F it family is more important and my house is to!!
Trucks on egay and the bike is on CL.

After everything is sold I know where this 53 Pan is that on the cheap that ill be buying hopfully
so there is light at the end of the tunnel:ride

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts