Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I did a search on this forum, but apparently there is not much to read about the Softail Rocker..

I guess it was best sold outside the states then..

I personally own one, and I am pretty happy with it (well not really with the price)

I was just wondering if there is some reason why it is so quiet about it in this forum, and maybe start a thread just to see what you guys think about this revolutionary (for HD of course) bike.

Cheers now

·
Registered
223 Posts
I love the Rocker C but that kinda money for that kinda bike makes me go to ebay where I can get a slightly used Big Dog for the same $$$.
Again don't get me wrong as I love the Rocker it's just that if I am to look cool on my way to the bar the Mastiff barks louder..
Post some pics will ya?
Would love to see your ride.
Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree with you tude.. The price is ridiculous, especially the Chrome version..
I too love the Doggy better, but here it is impossible to get one, and finally I realized that this bike is really one of its kind talking about a HD, and it doesn´t stop to raise interrogation in the eyes of the beholder...

So when you love the kewl look thing, there ya go mate.. I have even noticed that the other riders of the group like to stay behind, just for the way it looks..

On top of that she is very easy to maneuvre at low speed, so all benefit when you hit a traffic jam.. Mountain roads or rutted road is another story though...

That is the rocky lady:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the first day I got her... Honnestly really disapointed by this mass of concrete like lefty side, was afraid they called it the Flintstones´ bike.

So I am still working on giving it more acceptable look, but it takes time when you do not leave in the states, do not have a US credit card nor a billing address there.

Thanks to M&M cycle, I am now able to order parts.

Anyways, For now I have changed the basic stuff, as the grips, mirror, slip ons, etc... Waiting for a SE breather cleaner then I will be able to finally empty those mufflers.. Because here environmental laws still have not been heard of.. Incredibly, police will make you trouble with your licence number on the side...That´s one thing I will certainly do as well. As long as you ride in hound, the blue guys do not stop you..

Current look, and hopefully more changes to come soon...The other idea is to sell those SE slip ons, and put the V&H big radius.. That will bring it a more decent look, to my opinion.. (and lots of dust for the eyes of the followers too...)

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I have a friend with a Rocker. It's basically a fat-tired, softail with a funky seat and a lot more factory bling, stretched tank and powedercoating where HD never powedercoated before.

I think it was a great idea and I think the price difference was almost like taking a softail standard and hanging the bling parts/time on. HD probably would have sold more if the price were a tad lower, and the thing didn't look lit "E.T." with the passenger seat extended.

It's not owned by a million people, nor do I think it's going to be around for a long time.

Which is why, if I owned one, and liked it.....I'd hang on to it. {{wink, wink}}

The Crossbones is another "New Idea" bike and my local dealer sells them as fast as they come in. I love them too, almost as much as the blacked out Street-Bobs with the powedercoated black rims with spokes. :D

The Rocker was HD's attempt at a factory Chopper, but I think it would have taken off better, if not drowned out by all the CVO bikes that offered more HP, appearence, Paint and mega-bling, when compared, dollar for dollar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rocker C

I own a Rocker C, have been riding for over forty years, and love it. I have done some modifications and have more planned in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Current look, and hopefully more changes to come soon...The other idea is to sell those SE slip ons, and put the V&H big radius.. That will bring it a more decent look, to my opinion.. (and lots of dust for the eyes of the followers too...)
It really is a sweet looking bike and the VH pipes will look great..Congrats

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pipes

You may also want to consider Martin Brothers Daisy Cutters or their Shockwaves. The Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1. I have seen these on several Rockers and they look really good.

You can look at the Martin Brothers Site, they have many other styles, but only these two fit the Rocker. I am planning on buying the shockwaves in January.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the truth is that a few months ago, very few escapes were available for the Rocker, but more and more items are showing up...

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I own a Rocker C, have been riding for over forty years, and love it. I have done some modifications and have more planned in the near future.
That's the nicest 1968 Rocker C I've ever seen. :stir

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those who insist on a literal hermeneutic and do not recognize that a comma can separate thoughts, please let me be more specific.

Thought One:
I own a 2008 Rocker C,
Thought Two: I have been riding motorcycles (not it) for over 40 years, and
Thought Three: I love it, riding my 2008 Rocker C.

I hope that this is clearer and easier to understand, please accept my apologies for wording it in a way that was difficult to interpret.

PS: It is over 40 years so it could not be a 1968 Rocker C even if there was such a thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
<<<For those who insist on a literal hermeneutic and do not recognize that a comma can separate thoughts, please let me be more specific.>>>
Awww heck, we knew what you were saying!
IMO, like the CrossBones, the Rocker is a niche bike marketed at a few select riders. You love it & everybody else thinks Willie G was drunk when he designed it.

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
IMO, like the CrossBones, the Rocker is a niche bike marketed at a few select riders. You love it & everybody else thinks Willie G was drunk when he designed it.
It was said about the XLCR, that it was Willie G's answer to a question that was never asked.

Perhaps the Rocker is the same way, a design appreciated more as time goes on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
harleytard;41867the Rocker is a niche bike marketed at a few select riders. You love it & everybody else thinks Willie G was drunk when he designed it.[/QUOTE said:
:drunk

I am happy I was targeted as (one of the few) select rider...:woo

Thanks mister G... And I was drunk too when I bought it:drunk

·
Registered
10 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how people take their own opinions and back it up with a statement like "everybody else" in an attempt to make their opinion appear to be a fact. On HD Forums there are quite a few Rocker owners who post quite often, so apparently it isn't "everybody else," and quite a few non-Rocker riders who make good comments about the Rocker.

·
Registered
87 Posts
<<<It never ceases to amaze me how people take their own opinions and back it up with a statement like "everybody else" in an attempt to make their opinion appear to be a fact.>>>
“IMO” @ the beginning of my statement means “IT'S MY OPINION” and any resemblance to fact is unintended & purely coincidence.
:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
[“IMO” @ the beginning of my statement means “IT'S MY OPINION” and any resemblance to fact is unintended & purely coincidence.
:)[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I am not used to abbreviations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my Rocker in '08, its not perfect, but I love it. Got some custom paint and a bunch of other accessories. I will try to post some pictures later.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts