Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have been planning a trip from central Ohio to Prudhoe bay across the Alaska-Canada highway into Fairbanks and then up the Dalton to the Arctic Ocean. I have been reading up and planning for almost two years now. Just announced this week that the border is staying closed to non-essential until at least March 21st. Was planning on heading out late May/Early June. I know nobody knows for sure but should I keep hoping/planning or just screw it until next year.

·
Registered
40,749 Posts
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow...

No, wait, I mean go for it! :D

·
V-Twin Junkie
654 Posts
Juneau to Fairbanks is not a ferry cruise, and from Fairbanks up, there is a lot of road that is gravel. What's your moto set-up for that trip?

·
Road Junkie
1,983 Posts
They can take away your vote.
They can take away your job.
They can take away your voice.
But they can’t take away your dreams.
Plan away...including the ferry idea as a back-up.

Reactions: Scum

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Great replies guys thanks. I would really like to experience the Alaska - Canada highway on my trip but I guess a ferry ride is an alternative and would let me see another part of the U.S. as I am currently planning on entering Canada near Great Falls, MT so that I can ride through Banff and Jasper national parks. My ride is a 2014 ultra limited. Upgraded JRI shocks in the rear and recently installed Legend fork cartridges up front. Goal is Deadhorse, but will settle for arctic circle if the weather does not cooperate. Even if they let me in right now due to an emergency like a sick family member, I would still at present have to quarantine for 14 days at a location of their choosing at my own expense. I plan on being gone 30-40 days, so taking on 14 more days as I see it completely wasted time is not going to work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I beLIEve that if all you truly intend on doing - is PASS THROUGH - CROSS the USA / CANADA border DRIVE straight toward ALASKA - Cross the CANADA / USA border ... with absolutely no SIDE TRIPS & NO Sight Seeing or goofing off while on the ROAD to ALASKA ... you will be allowed to make your trip unhindered
the BEST way to decide is to CALL the BORDER where you intend to CROSS into CANADA and detail your exact route to the ALASKA border ...
I beLIEve you will be given the GREEN LIGHT to TRAVEL ... IMHO
COOP

·
Registered
19 Posts
To each his own,, but i would put it off another year, I'm sure you'll have to quarenteen in Canada wherever you cross and then again crossing into Alaska---- And bring lots of $$$$$$. Nothing is gonna even be resonably priced, not to mention what weather you'll encounter! But To each his own ! GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
55 Posts
for help in making it happen look in the travel section of this forum. Durango Dave did the trip on his harley and did a fantastic job of documenting it. look at his trips and you will get a very good idea of what it takes to make it happen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
here is the post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts