Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie Here

The other day I purchased my first Harley, a 2007 Street Glide.

I want to change these parts back to stock or to a more stock look (as for these parts to follow the radius of the fender). So I can put the removable sissy bar on/off the bike.

Thanks In Advance!

I really have no idea what these empty bolt holes held.

·
Just Ride
3,259 Posts
My guess is the previous owner had a sissy bar and/or luggage rack on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my assumption as well.

Just wondering what those part names are so I know what replacements to search for.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
look through the catalog here

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
BTW that was my first harley also

Attachments

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The part names are: support tube, or rear fender frame loop. Frame rails left & right.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Don't take the down bar off, hell to pay when putting back! you are set for the sissy bar mounts, not for a tour pack. And the bolt missing is one the previous owner couldn't install back, real pain...

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
335th, will pm you tonight, I have pics of my 07 Ultra with docking points for both tourpack and sissy bar. that's if you can wait that long.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the same bike, that's all stock there, the empty holes are for the removable passenger backrest docking setup.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Actually, the Sissy bar rear docking point is there, the front one is missing because it is a 3/4 moon docking base going against shock absorber bolt. The tourpack docking kit is different. It's a 45 degree bent bar that bolts to the upper saddlebag rail behind sb, and the upper part of this bracket (where he is missing one bolt) uses both bolts to anchor tourpack base. it takes some work to adjust both sides even (how I know this?...)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oops yes ur correct, I looked at mine and that rearward hole by the arrow is open too

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
I will take a pic tonight of my setup and post it for you. There are 2 docking point sets that sell separate for that model year. One for the back rest and one for tour pack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will take a pic tonight of my setup and post it for you. There are 2 docking point sets that sell separate for that model year. One for the back rest and one for tour pack.
Thanks! I'm just looking to put the quick release removable backrest setup for it. The touring pack isn't my cup of tea...

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Thanks! I'm just looking to put the quick release removable backrest setup for it. The touring pack isn't my cup of tea...
I will PM you the part number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts