Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something to think about. Who knows, Milwaukee might read this thread. If H-D were to build and introduce a new model, what would it look/be like, how would it ride/perform, for you to rush to the nearby dealer with checkbook in hand?

Hmmmmmmm...

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A whole new 1450 cc + Next Gen VROD. Ohlins type suspension, room to easily bore the cylinders, wow, the list goes on and on.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A whole new 1450 cc + Next Gen VROD. Ohlins type suspension, room to easily bore the cylinders, wow, the list goes on and on.
This would be on my short list. A bigger bore, six speed, hot rod of a V-Rod, with top shelf suspension and handling.

A very competitive and upgraded Buell Ulysses would have my attention.

Would like to see the new Buell Rotax engine in a competitive sport touring chassis.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
This would be on my short list. A bigger bore, six speed, hot rod of a V-Rod, with top shelf suspension and handling.
They need to start with a fresh sheet of paper. There is no reason they couldn't make a better VROD. They have shown what they can do with the present VROD. I think they could define a whole market niche if they would drop the whole "it's not a sport bike" bull and build the perfect bike.....which to me the VROD almost is.

Keep the perimeter frame for the stiffness, but tune up the handling and drop 150 pounds. Bigger motor, 17 inch wheels so you have a good selection of rubber, and remove some of the awkward styling cues and there ya go, the perfect motorcycle (for me).

Then they can also make a bagger version for "those" types :coockoo: pretty easily by retuning the motor for low end torque.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
A water cooled creation that could fit in with each of the Sportster, Softail Deluxe/Heritage and big touring bike lines. So many enter the HD world and stay with it via a Sportster. Give them a water cooled ride. The Heritage and Deluxe are relied upon rides and could do with one as well. The reliability of a water cooled in a big touring bike...why not.

Then as Michael said, brave new worlds. Build something never built before. Don't just make it an HD version of a pre-existing sport bike though, make it truly new.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I think the 09 line up is really pretty slick. It appears HD is listening to their customers. Many fine choices from the Sportster on up to the touring machines.

Perhaps something of a sport/adventure bike might round out the line up. Besides the Sportster we could use an excellent handling model. The Vrod with all it's performance isnt the best handling bike ever made.

I guess that puts me with Steve and Mike.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the 09 line up is really pretty slick. It appears HD is listening to their customers. Many fine choices from the Sportster on up to the touring machines.

Perhaps something of a sport/adventure bike might round out the line up. Besides the Sportster we could use an excellent handling model. The Vrod with all it's performance isnt the best handling bike ever made.

I guess that puts me with Steve and Mike.
The touring bikes are a step into something special coming. You can't tell me they beefed up the frames on the touring bikes "just because." I believe they are coming out with a more potent power plant, and the frame changes are the first step in that direction.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I was disappointed that they didn't make some big changes in the VRSC line this year. No offense, but if I wanted a bagger I am pretty sure I would buy a 'Wing or the BMW.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The touring bikes are a step into something special coming. You can't tell me they beefed up the frames on the touring bikes "just because." I believe they are coming out with a more potent power plant, and the frame changes are the first step in that direction.

It sounds logical enough to me. I noticed that HD doesnt like to ruffle too many feathers, they seem to do things in steps rather than spring a whole new bike on us at once. I think it would also help them get back some of the police bike market share.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I'd like to see HD take after GM, and their last few years developments of the Corvette.

Release a radically new body style with a bump in displacement to 6 liter, and the power to 400/400,
w/o a gas guzzler tag, and leave it the cost of a dressed up Acura.

Then decide why not bump it to 7 liter, 505 hp.

What can you do to top that? Let's put a blower on it!
Actually tell people that it will go over 200 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts