Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it was this pig. I have had close to a hundred bikes and THIS one stands out as the WORST. I can go on and on about the poor features, fit, finish, materials, and specs of this turd. The less than stellar 2000 Ducati Monster Dark 750.

Attachments

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I've had about 30 Harley's and a few others in the past 37 years and my worst bike was a 1999 Dyna Sport. Had it for about 3 months with nothing but troubles for the first week till I traded it in on a 1999 Fat Boy.

Attachments

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
The ex-BF bought a V-Rod for me to play with. While it was a beautiful bike, it was a disappointment. Incredibly crappy gas mileage, fit/finish was just ga'bage, and VERY uncomfortable. Was not sad to see it go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ooh, careful...lotsa V-Rodders around these parts, and dem's fightin' words. ;)

For me, it was my wife's 883L Sporty. Nothing wrong with the bike in itself, it was just un-rideable for the Fester household. Too tall and top-heavy for her, and it felt like riding a moped to me. Was not sorry to see it go.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
LOL, Fester - I spent a few years at the other place (giggling) I've got a long wooden spoon and love a hot kitchen... ain't skeerd of stirrin' a few pots!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The ex-BF bought a V-Rod for me to play with. While it was a beautiful bike, it was a disappointment. Incredibly crappy gas mileage, fit/finish was just ga'bage, and VERY uncomfortable. Was not sad to see it go.
Ouch!

·
Registered
39,511 Posts
1987 Honda Shadow 1100.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Much like Sfarson I haven't really had anything I was terribly disappointed in. And I will admit that if I did find a ride uncomfortable I would've just chopped it to my liking. Just a note for everyone here, sometimes cutting it up is a bit more costly than buying new.... but it sure is fun.:D

Speaking of cutting... Chopping up an '84 Kaw LTD for an alternative fuels project/chopper (yes, its jap, but hell yeah it will look awesome when done.) Does anyone out there perhaps have an old engine manual showing torque specs, fluid levels, etc? I speak HD, and this little thing is baffling!:eek:

Badger

·
Registered
39,511 Posts
Much like Sfarson I haven't really had anything I was terribly disappointed in. And I will admit that if I did find a ride uncomfortable I would've just chopped it to my liking. Just a note for everyone here, sometimes cutting it up is a bit more costly than buying new.... but it sure is fun.:D

And thats what it is all about in the long run. Ride what ya like, like what ya ride.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ex-BF and V-Rod don't belong in the same paragraph. ;)

Was not sad to see it go.[/QUOTE] Which one....BF or V-Rod?

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Hah, great question! You know, my problem is I haven't bought a turd yet and have found it exceedingly difficult to say goodbye when I do.
Hmmm ... 2 bad marriages... no bad scoots. Even the less than stellar marriages were difficult to say goodbye to.:) Fortunately i finally got it right.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
ex-BF and V-Rod don't belong in the same paragraph. ;)

Was not sad to see it go. Which one....BF or V-Rod?
Walking away from the 'Rod was easy. Walking away from the BF was a little harder. He's a good person and I wish him the best but it takes things other than toys to nurture a loving partnership.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Walking away from the 'Rod was easy. Walking away from the BF was a little harder. He's a good person and I wish him the best but it takes things other than toys to nurture a loving partnership.
Again OUCH!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I also have serviced, ridden, owned (and tried to deny ownership of) many many bikes, but I rack my tiny little peanut to find one I despised, or even despised seeing or hearing.
Now - wrenching on - thats an entirely different discussion right there with merits and demerits of its own!!! Not here, not now - somewhere else, some other time maybe (hint hint!!!)

A bmw is something I have never yet owned - the reason, and more so in the advancement of technology and safety conciousness, and much as I appreciate the importance of this to many people, including myself, albeit slightly skewered - they just seem to engineer so much between the reality of the rider and the synthetic feeling created between him/her/us and the bike itself. Seatbelts and airbags - Achtung Spitfire, Euro 3 and TUV will get you!!!:soapbox

1 - 16 of 16 Posts