Harley Davidson Forums banner

What Class of Bike to Add to the Stable?

• Give me another cruiser/tourer

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • A sport tourer would be a superb addition

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I want to go down any road... dual-sport please

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Have always wanted to experience the rush of a sportbike

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • An old classic to putt around on, park and admire

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle World noted once that all bikes are oustanding nowadays. What really matters is the kind of bike one rides. We've all decided cruising or touring with the H-D is it for us.

So anyway, this is an excuse to try a poll and see regardless of what you ride now, if you were to add another horse to the stable, what kind of horse would it be? If you want to mention a specific model tugging at the heartstrings, no problem :).

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I voted for an old classic. Maybe as my age odometer continues to turn this interests me more. Don't know what classic bike, but probably something from Milwaukee. Maybe a bike with a legacy or heritage of racing.

You?

·
Registered
679 Posts
VROD Please.....included the following (thanks in advance)

240 Kit with HogPro LeMans Wheels or CFR Wheels
CFR Pipe
CFR Seat
Ricks 5 gallon Tank
Smokey Gold and Black skins
CFR Swingarm
Chrome Grips, pegs, gear shift lever and brake lever
Progressive Lowered Shocks
Lower the front forks
DrHeathenScum Tailight...with a cupcake as the brake light ;)

Oh, and a Turbo if you find one of those!!!!:dance

I don't ask for much, do I ?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
472 Posts
More than likely I'll end up with another V-Rod.(for the wife) If it were for me I'd probably go with a Road Glide. There's just something about that machine that tears at me from time to time!

·
Registered
67 Posts
one of each please

I would like one of each. I grew up riding a dirt Bike. Would still be fun to ride one. Not sure I could take the punishment Though??
And I would like a old Classic, For sunday putts, Parades,etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would add a dirt bike. I started on a dirt bike and just love riding the trails in the mountains. The only problem here is riding trails are disappearing. Developing and conservation have cut into places to ride.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I want to build a 120"cid+ custom asphalt ripper, Nitrous injection, mono shock swing arm, high performance inverted front shocks, steering damper, Arlen Ness style faring.

Whatever that type is, is what I want next.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VROD Please.....included the following (thanks in advance)

240 Kit with HogPro LeMans Wheels or CFR Wheels
CFR Pipe
CFR Seat
Ricks 5 gallon Tank
Smokey Gold and Black skins
CFR Swingarm
Chrome Grips, pegs, gear shift lever and brake lever
Progressive Lowered Shocks
Lower the front forks
DrHeathenScum Tailight...with a cupcake as the brake light ;)

Oh, and a Turbo if you find one of those!!!!:dance

I don't ask for much, do I ?!?!?!?!?!?
Amy.. I don't think you've done enough research. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Amy.. I don't think you've done enough research. :)
Well.....you could send be your DX for further studying ;) (as if I need to study further!!!)

·
Steve
262 Posts
I sold my Ducati sportbike a year ago and have regretted it since the guy rode it out of my driveway, so I would add a sportbike back to my stable

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ah, great question, Steve.

Been dreaming a little lately about a dual sport to go with the Road Glide. Won't happen any time soon, but..... my choice would be a V-Strom 650, or if money was no object, maybe a Buell Ulyses (sp?) or a GS.

For now maybe I need to figure out how to get some Tourances sized for the Glide:D

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, great question, Steve.

Been dreaming a little lately about a dual sport to go with the Road Glide. Won't happen any time soon, but..... my choice would be a V-Strom 650, or if money was no object, maybe a Buell Ulyses (sp?) or a GS.

For now maybe I need to figure out how to get some Tourances sized for the Glide:D

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

Doug, here's your (other :)) inspiration -- a rider who took this CVO Deuce to Alaska. Put some of these on your RG and go trail exploring! As the Nike ad notes, "Just do it!" Ha!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Comfort and gadgets will be my next ride. Had I known I was going to put the kind of miles I have put on my V-Rod, I would have gone with a touring bike. But maybe the touring bike wouldn't be as much fun to ride.

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
if you were to add another horse to the stable, what kind of horse would it be? If you want to mention a specific model tugging at the heartstrings, no problem :).
Hey Stevie... great question.

I'm thinking that i've got long distance, Bad Boy and Hooligan thing surrounded with the Sporty, King and Supermoto. It would have to be a GSX R 750 or Ducati 1098 for the garage next time i go scooter shopping. All of this is of course subject to change the moment somebody thunders by on a Triumph Bobber or lights the wick on a KTM Enduro R while I'm standing next to it. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would like to get my 1949 or 1970 "74' " back.
Billhttp://www.hd-forums.com/forums/images/smilies/ride.gif

1 - 20 of 56 Posts