Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

· Registered
7,592 Posts
I did some errands this morning. It felt great.!!

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Prayers out for a successful hip replacement.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
:laugh :laugh :laugh :rollin :rollin :rollin :thumb

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Went to breakfast with a neighbor. Then we took a ride around the lake, about 20 miles. As long as it was warmed up, I changed the engine oil and filter. Mobil1 15-50. I always get a mess around the oil cooler so I sprayed on some degreaser and hosed it down. Then I polished the chrome and waxed the paint.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Went on a HOG chapter lunch ride. 181 miles total. Hot than .......... by the time we got home.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Nothing because Harley's warranty sucks. Do something as simple as changing the handlebars and they want to void the warranty.
Harley warranty covers their work and their parts. Why would you expect them to cover someone else's parts or workmanship?

· Registered
7,592 Posts
I did have my cell phone in the opposite pocket????
The cell phone doesn't cause that. Some electronic signs and such at some stores do interfere though - at least I told they do. I've not experienced that yet.

Reactions: Jimmers

· Registered
7,592 Posts

· Registered
7,592 Posts
scspartan, Don, check in. Tell us if you are ok!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Communications during a hurricane are poor to non-existent. just sayin'

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Went on a chapter lunch ride today. We went to a little diner in the Ocala National forest. It was a good place to go for lunch. We took some nice back roads to get there, 120 miles round trip. It's 94° with a feels like of 104°. My shirt was sticking to me before I even got on the Ultra. Might just go jump in the pool now.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Plugs. Gas mileage was plummeting. I knew I was lean since I didn’t retune after doing duals and mufflers. Didn’t realize I was lean enough to burn through half of the exposed center electrode, almost doubling my gap. New plugs made things better for now. Headed for a dyno touch up soon.
It's been stated as fact on here that a re-tune is needed after an air cleaner change but not an exhaust change. I always figured that was back assward and you have confirmed my suspicions (and experience on other brands).

I'll bet that will run real strong after a trip to the dyno shop.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
While in the garage loading my push mower to take to my mothers to mow her lawn, I grabbed some Quick Detailer and wiped the lovebugs off the classic ultra collected on yesterdays lunch ride to the east coast. Yup....the green light is on.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Mann's HD.....
I've got a t-shirt from there! (shirt swap)

Went on a chapter lunch ride today. When I left the restaurant, I went a little further north and stopped in to see my son. I rode 180 miles today. It was a nice ride even though I did get caught in some light rain for a few miles.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
I rode up to the Dr. office, the bank (I love those machines they have there that spit $20.00 bills out) and the fabric store for some velcro. This afternoon I velcro'd the lid liner on my tourpac and reworked the friction point on the leg guard vents.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
i'm with you on that, 100percent. will they stay closed at speed after doing that?
Yes they stayed open all day today. Mine always closed when I rode.

I took the nut off of the bolt that goes up through the adjusting knob. The soft washer under the nut and washer on mine was just mush. I cleaned it up and used a wave washer between the flat washer and the nut. Snug the nut as required.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Took a 140 mile ride with the local HOG chapter to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. Real hot and very humid today. The cooler weather is coming this weekend. Food was good and the chapter guys and gals are always a pleasure. There were a lot of motorcycles on the road today (eastern side of the state) and then it dawned on me, this is Biketoberfest weekend.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
WOW. Good to see you weren't bent and cracked too!

Reactions: Jimmers

· Registered
7,592 Posts
Cleaned and re-oiled the K&N filter on my ultra. Rode up to the gas station and filled the tank, went over to the pharmacy and picked up a prescription, then a quick stop at the liquor store and rode on home.

· Registered
7,592 Posts
I rode over to the coast today. Jan and I had lunch on a beachside cafe. 128 miles and some good tacos. It was real windy today, but only about 78°. Very comfortable for once.

Beach Sand Sea Vacation Coast

Sky Boardwalk Town Building Architecture

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Transport

· Registered
7,592 Posts
This will Help with some of the buffeting your Talking about this is on Ebay and it bolts to the bottom of the triple tree and there 30 some bucks and You have black or chrome to Choose from. You will See a difference with it and with out it . Good luck
I have one of those on my ultra. Chrome, of course :wink

1 - 20 of 266 Posts