Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Due to the fact I worked this weekend so I Get Friday and Monday off anyhow Friday here was a beautiful day sunny and warm unlike today ......
So out with the trike and off to Mercia Marina web site ----->Mercia Marina | Europe's largest inland marina and a great day out

We stopped off for a coffee and a walk around the marina and the wife did the trendy shops thing whilst I sat out on a bench enjoying not only the views but also the warmth from the sunshine .
When we left there we took a ride to the Bubble Inn where we stopped off for a beer and a bite to eat

view of the marina in this picture you can se both narrow boats and wide beam boats

Some of the Narrow boats either for sale or boats that people live on all year .

This wide beam boat is being used as a gift shop , other wide beam boats on site are live aboard they also have used and new boats for sale

The Bubble Inn two beers and my wife who was drinking a Spanish larger whilst I was drinking real Ale ( Proper Job) a Cornish beer

This picture shows you the workings of a lock , this is lock number 19 to enable a boat to progress either down stream or upstream at certain points on the canal a lock gate is sited which can either raise the boat higher or lower to follow the canal .
When a boat enters the lock the gates are closed in front and behind there on each gate there is a paddle system that when opened will allow water to either empty or fill the lock so the boat can then carry on its journey .

This view shows the narrow boat is now raised in the lock to the higher level the front gate will then be opened whilst the rear gates are closed the height of the differing water levels is approx 10 ft

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Very cold start today with a slight frost on the dew over parked cars but the sun was shining until 1pm when it clouded over.
Popped out whilst the sun shined

[url=https://postimg.cc/2VLykm5G]

on our way back home we popped into this pub/hotel only for a pint , nice ride out a little cold but still enjoyable back to work tomorrow

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
My wife and I got set off 8.50am rather chilly start for the 60 mile ride to Chatsworth House Derbyshire you can visit their web site here----> https://www.chatsworth.org/
After 11am the sun came out and it warmed up to be a really nice autumnal day .

Chatsworth is home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, and has been passed down through 16 generations of the Cavendish family.

The house is renowned for the quality of its art, landscape and hospitality, and it has evolved through the centuries to reflect the tastes, passions and interests of succeeding generations.
Our son and his wife bought us entry tickets last Christmas as a present we had to use these up by the end of October 2018.
Far to much to see in one day so next spring / summer we plan on returning to see the rest of the gardens and grounds.
100's of years of History here .

pic uploader
This view is taken of the private part of the house that the Duke still resides in .

Continued in next post

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Haven't been out on the trike for a ride for a while due to crappy weather here in Britain ,any how this morning the weather said no rain but would only 7c degrees (44f) at midday .
but I went off to work at 7.25 still dark but it gave me the chance to see how the brightness of the daymaker lights show up the road in pitch darkness country roads .
IMPRESSED!!!! they really did light up the road .
This is the first time I have ridden in pitch darkness on my Trike .yes the ride was cold but the 12 miles seemed to flash by .
This afternoon I left work at 4pm it was almost dark here and it was colder with the wind hitting you in the face even so I totally enjoyed the ride , not sure when I will next get to ride so gotta make the most when you can .

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Me and the Mrs went out this morning on the trike Christmas music blasting from the speakers , roads were a tad wet from over night rain so the trike got dirty now I need to clean it once I feel better myself yes two days ago I caught Man flu feel shit but there you go .
First stop was to the canal marina had a coffee and walk around then set off to the pub a short ride away , stopped there for an hour and two pints later we set off again heading home .
I did take a short detour into Ashby De La Zouch Christmas music blasting from the speakers and plenty of smiles and waving from people as we past by yep that made my day .
Tomorrow will be around our Son's home for Dinner and spend time with our first Gran child (7 months old ) so he wont be aware its Christmas this year .
Next Christmas Please god we will start up a tradition of taking HIM to see Father Christmas on a steam train , we did that with our own son up till he was 10 although he knew that Father Christmas wasn't real OR IS HE .:wink
Anyhow Folks what ever you are doing or planning on doing Have a Merry and safe CHRISTMAS

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Today we call this day here n England 26th December ( BOXING DAY )

December 26th, is Boxing Day and is a holiday celebrated in Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and other Commonwealth countries. Boxing Day originated in England in the middle of the nineteenth century under Queen Victoria.
It was also traditional that servants got the day off to celebrate Christmas with their families on Boxing Day. ... It's also when shops traditionally had big sales after Christmas in the UK (like Black Friday in the USA). The 26th December is also St. Stephen's Day

Servants have all but gone nowadays so this morning I woke up to a misty damp morning but the Trike needed to be cleaned of all the crap it picked up on our ride out on Christmas Eve .
Got out the jet washer loaded the detergent bottle with turtle wax gave it a blooming good all over clean ,I dried it off using an air compressor which worked really well then I just wiped over with a clean micro fiber clothe.
I looked at the rear wheels and noticed that they too needed a good clean so got out the dremmel giving them a good buff but still need to complete that operation .

Its now parked back in the garage ready for a better day when I can finish the buffing of the rear wheels .

Now I about to look on the HD web site looking to buy https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/53665-87/premium-tour-pak-luggage-rack/53665-87
I also have on my wish list this item https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/83825-09B/trunk-guard/83825-09B

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
2019 First ride out of the new year , Haven't managed any kind of ride since Christmas Eve due to the horrible damp cloudy weather here any how this morning 1st January 2019 the sun came out and the roads are dry so it was off out for the first ride of 2019.
30 miles of enjoyable empty roads before I headed back home , now its clouded over yet again.
At least it blew the cobwebs off

Got the wife to take these photo's

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Technically I didn't do it on or to my bike, but I ordered a color match tour pak. Sticking with Harley for the box but may source the mount and back rest from ebay as I can save nearly $200 between the two. Estimated 4-6 weeks for painting so I've got time to decide. I have some ebay items on my bike now and they're flawless; no chrome problems, all hardware lines up and works and the back rest pad is well done.

Total cost through boradtracker is about $1100. Lights, speakers and top rack not included.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Looking forward to seeing a few photos once its done

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
All I did today with it was start it up in the garage and let it run for 15 mins at tick over and no I wasn't in the garage when it was left running I was outside cutting down a smallish tree .
Very cold here today well it is for me at minus 2 degrees got to work Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Rode 129 miles to fish at Sunset Park (which is only 10 miles from the shack). Ran into Mitch on his new Honda Gold Wing DCT at Red Rock and told him I miss his 1000 lb. Honda Rune. Some dude from Sweden bought his 70,000 mile Rune for like $17,000! Did not catch any fish BTW. Not sure I should post a Honda picture here but this is a Rune.[/QUO

Over here in the UK this bike is known as a Honda Valkyrie my neighbor owns one although it looks a little different than the one in your photo .
He has the colour scheme of red and cream ( very similar to the Softail I owned ) I have to admit it he's bike doesn't look ugly not sure on the age of it but he only rides it in summer and on a dry day only .

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Weather Dry but very windy even so I decided to wrap up and go for a ride on my Trike approx 30 miles in total and it felt really cold but enjoyable , at least it blew the cob webs off

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Tried to put in my new viking bags on 02 fxst. One side went on with no problem. The other side the docking plate and quick disconnect system were messed up. It sucks cause I work out of town and don't have time to pack up and send back. I heard a lot of people complaining on there customer service I hope they take care of me. I just don't know where the bag looks best towards the front or rear? Any suggestions?
From both photos I would say towards the rear , the photo where you have the bag sited nearer the front it looks like the bag will get in the way of your legs or at least a passenger's legs making a future ride uncomfortable for the both of you

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
It's not cold down here but work is killing my riding. Just to and from 26 miles a day :( I got home from work and my wife is in the house talking baby on the way with a young expectant mom we consider "the daughter we never had" so I spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning the front wheel with Muthers mag polish ( for about the 10th time) and I've learned a couple of things.
1. Buy a CVO or
2. Buy some dang Chromed wheels.

Still have the rear wheel to do now which is going to reinforce the lesson learned above ....OR
Buy extended bags, hide that damn rear wheel and get the whole thing ghost flamed!
I know the feeling Hours spent cleaning them aluminium wheels WHY OH WHY don't Harley lacquer them .
I had 3 to do the day after Christmas when I took my trike out and found out the bloody roads were still full of chit I didn't get time to either clean her off after the ride waited a couple of days and found the Ali wheels had oxidized three wheels took hours and hours , I used my fingers and a dremmel.
hours of my life I wont get back :wink

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
This Morning both myself and the Mrs left the house at 7.30 to a foggy morning for our 25 mile ride to Robin Hood Harley Davidson dealership in Nottingham where my Trike was booked in for the world wide recall we arrived at 8.15 just has the sunshine burnt through the flog .
The stores opening time states 8.30 on their web site but it was open so we booked in the trike, this dealership here is set out on two floors ground and 1st floor .
New bikes, clothing, reception and service department on the ground whilst 1st floor it is set out fpre owned bikes & Hog chapter info and coffee machine they also a small balcony that you can sit out with your coffee that over looks the surrounding area also the Harley parking lot.
We popped up stairs for a coffee and look over the pre owned bikes before coming back down to look at the clothes / helmets and goodies on offer, their new bike range was pretty extensive with two 2019 tri glide trikes on show I looked in the parts catalog and ordered the two things on my wish list
They said it will be about a week before the parts arrive then I can arrange a date that suites my work / home life to have them fitted onto the trike
https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/79179-08/air-wing-tour-pak-luggage-rack

https://accessories.harley-davidson.eu/product/83825-09B/trunk-guard/83825-09

I took a couple of photos of the up stairs area

It took just over the hour for the work to be carried out regarding the recall work then it was off heading towards home again but we stopped off at a pub in the village of Zouch for a couple of pints and bacon sandwich the weather was sunny and seasonally very warm temp was 18 degrees when normally it would be about 9 degrees at this time of year , so it was sitting outside along side the canal path just watching the world go by.

I was going to post the above photos its 5 o'clock somewhere but thought it would be ok to post here
The Rose and Crown
https://www.facebook.com/Rose-and-Crown-at-Zouch-249533848414/

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Triker, you said: " the weather was sunny and seasonally very warm temp was 18 degrees when normally it would be about 9 degrees".

I personally couldn't tell the difference between 18 and 9. :|

In any event, my bike ain't moving till the temp is a two digit number starting with a 5. :smile
:laughing If I had to wait till those 2 digit numbers that might be round JUNE time :wink heck I couldn't wait that long

1 - 20 of 377 Posts