Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Went and picked the bike to from the local bike shop. Dropped it off yesterday for a dyno tune. Added over 6hp and 4tq by messing with the PCV and timing. He said the tune on there was quite a bit off and timing was off 4degrees. I have the dynosheet for those interested. Runs like a champ now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

· Registered
51 Posts
Beautiful ride. I did this last year on my "cross country" ride. I got lucky and hit pikes peak and RMNP in the same day. I've been fortunate to be able to ride in 82 degree and 49 degree weather in the same day lol watch for the caribou, and the random campers pulling in front of you

Ride safe, ride aware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

· Registered
51 Posts
I'll have a picture of the odometer when we drop it off tomorrow. Just under 2,000 miles, and were thinking we only did around 200 miles of interstate. I mapped it out before we left but the route changed alot. Finally hit seattle today, left at 1130 and arrived at 9 to the hotel. Copilot and I are happy to be done

· Registered
51 Posts
Pulled off the K&N intake in hopes for sealing the slight oil leak out of my intake last night. Replaced the gasket, placed a small bead of permetex on each side and retorqued. Took it for a ride today and didnt see anything about halfway, success! Kidding...I got home and my leather saddle bag had some more oil residue/marks. About to just say f*ck it..

· Registered
51 Posts
Stealership got me again. Needed a rear tire for sure. When I got in they told me ny front was getting there, and they had a discount on the matching front. Of course. Sure put it on. 2 hours later the bill came and was $777 even. Wow I was not expecting that but not surprised..less than 10k miles and both oem tires toasted. And they only oem in stock for my size.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
51 Posts
Little River Canyon near of Fort Payne, AL? That used to be one of my most favorite camping spots. Shame camping is shut down permanently now, that's a pretty area.

Was always a hassle though because only one of the three sites was accessible without 4WD or an ATV, and it's a 4 hour run from here. Spent many a first night "camping" in the McDonald's parking lot waiting for the site to open up (they were all first-come, first-serve).
Yea sir . We’re staying at a campground near by, and I looked up good motorcycles near us. It was a great loop. Stopping a few times at lookouts and a boardwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
51 Posts
Bought a second hand fairing that came in a tan shade. Need it painted to match the candy orange paint. Through some research it looks like it’s quite the process to match. Anyone got reliable, reasonable paint shops to recommend in LA? Currently west of Baton Rouge but will be heading towards FL in the next month or so ..

· Registered
51 Posts
Got the fairing on the FB. PITA that was and she has a few small scratches…

Took it for a ride and noticed quite the helmet buffering. Manufacturer said to install it above the fork support but I think just below I should be fine? An inch lower will make it a calmer ride I’m hoping. Some custom fab work to come to the headlight bracket.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Land vehicle

· Registered
51 Posts
Swapped the fairing mounts to below the fork support. Went for a 20 minute ride and it’s a greatly improved ride. I like the look better also. I was worried about the forks bottoming out on the mount though, these roads down here are terrible and were the ultimate test I feel. Might try to fab the brackets a bit with the dremel..
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Wheel

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light

1 - 20 of 29 Posts