Harley Davidson Forums banner

3721 - 3736 of 3736 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
now dlr says no oil pump till the 19th. guess i'll take a few days off. can't really say i'm all that dissappointed.😁
Sure! By the time 6 days pass...You will have eaten off all yr nails and will have paced far enough that you could have just walked to the distributor and picked it up in person... Remain calm, Tommy 😲 (y)

·
old scoot coot
2,876 Posts
Sure! By the time 6 days pass...You will have eaten off all yr nails and will have paced far enough that you could have just walked to the distributor and picked it up in person... Remain calm, Tommy 😲 (y)
thanks scott, i'll try. have three warm days to play coming up and still need a brake and clutch flush on flash so these will help with the wait time. it is hard to see one with parts laying everywhere when going into shop. ha 😬 i usually have all parts in hand before begining a tear down. this time was different because i hope we are running out of winter and was trying to hurry up and finish my winter maintenance. comooooon spring!:cool:

·
weird member
1,915 Posts
Much better. Peak torque 83.4 at 3780, smoother, mid and top end mix looks great too.

IMG_20200214_103111110.jpg

And the previous run for comparison attached...

IMG_20200210_163321179.jpg

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Do you have an adjustable aftermarket ignition on that?

·
weird member
1,915 Posts
Do you have an adjustable aftermarket ignition on that?
Yeah, Dynatek 2000i

It's somewhat adjustable. 4 different curves to choose from (each of which can obviously be retarded or advanced a bit).

I've been paying attention to the throttle position and the slight knock is only around 1/4-1/2 throttle (even put a piece of tape with markings on it today). Even then, it doesn't knock much or long. It's literally a "tink tink... tink.... tink...", not the "tititititiititititititiitititititi" it was before. Otherwise, runs perfect in all ranges.

But, it also has a hanging idle when I come to a stop. Was worse on the 44 slow jet, better now on the 45.

My curve is set to #3 (with VOES, rev limiter set to 6000 or 6500).

IMG_20191015_144758743.jpg

·
old scoot coot
2,876 Posts
well, phuck. dustin my parts guy at bartlesville dealer, a really good kid, called and said that the oil pump is now on back order and instead of arriving on the 19th it should be shipped then and should arrive in the 25th. 17 days best case senario. no one's fault but my own for taking it apart without parts in hand. of course i have everything i need except for the first thing i need for reassembly. ha! i've been having bad dreams anyway that there are many many fellow scoot coots out there with 17s, 18s, and 19s waiting for said bearing salve pump.to upgrade their rides too. phew,. there is good news and bad.so custom dictates i deliver the bad news first. the good news is that fury is cosmeticly made fresh again, has fresh brake and clutch fluid and all other fluids, is sitting there as always waiting to be spirited down the road. add to that the fact i can promise my fellow bike bravados an early spring this year. phil the ground hog agrees with the forcast early arrival of that time of year motorsickle madrigals play and sing about. last but least flash my new to me bike is still in the hospital waiting for a transplant. so onward my brothers. spring is sooo close i can smell her! 😎 here is a shot with new cam bearing installed. the elongated process has begun.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Yeah, Dynatek 2000i

It's somewhat adjustable. 4 different curves to choose from (each of which can obviously be retarded or advanced a bit).

I've been paying attention to the throttle position and the slight knock is only around 1/4-1/2 throttle (even put a piece of tape with markings on it today). Even then, it doesn't knock much or long. It's literally a "tink tink... tink.... tink...", not the "tititititiititititititiitititititi" it was before. Otherwise, runs perfect in all ranges.

But, it also has a hanging idle when I come to a stop. Was worse on the 44 slow jet, better now on the 45.

My curve is set to #3 (with VOES, rev limiter set to 6000 or 6500).

View attachment 781957
Try curve 2 or 1

·
weird member
1,915 Posts
well, phuck. dustin my parts guy at bartlesville dealer, a really good kid, called and said that the oil pump is now on back order and instead of arriving on the 19th it should be shipped then and should arrive in the 25th. 17 days best case senario. no one's fault but my own for taking it apart without parts in hand. of course i have everything i need except for the first thing i need for reassembly.
That's always how it works. They have the parts or can have them quick, unless you already took it apart or need a part in the middle of the job, then it's suddenly on back-order.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts

·
old scoot coot
2,876 Posts
That back up looks mighty fine Tommy.
it's been good to me with over 90,000 miles on it not worth a really good resale so i'll keep riding it. the twin cam 103 on the 14s was at the top of the twin cams game. i think the twinkie will be remembered as one of moco's best. 🤠

·
American
25,938 Posts
it's been good to me with over 90,000 miles on it not worth a really good resale so i'll keep riding it. the twin cam 103 on the 14s was at the top of the twin cams game. i think the twinkie will be remembered as one of moco's best. 🤠
Yup, 103 seems to be solid...... you're back up Tommy has done you well!

·
Señor Member
19,623 Posts
it's been good to me with over 90,000 miles on it not worth a really good resale so i'll keep riding it. the twin cam 103 on the 14s was at the top of the twin cams game. i think the twinkie will be remembered as one of moco's best.
I just got a grand cash for mine with 100k.

·
old scoot coot
2,876 Posts
you bet chief. if i hadn't just bought a bike, i would have jumped on it. wouldn't have cost a bunch to freshen it up and run it another 100,000. the buyer got a good one we know it was well cared for! of course now the root beer king is a rocket ship!!

·
old scoot coot
2,876 Posts
evening gents.i didn't get day trip today it was colder and and a dark overcast. no one including me felt the love. hopefully will tomorrow cause i love that blackberry cobler with ice cream.

3721 - 3736 of 3736 Posts