Harley Davidson Forums banner

4401 - 4420 of 4497 Posts

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Downloaded the data from the TMax and reloaded with the auto tune data stored since the install.

FWIW, the other day I was north of triple digits with plenty more left on the wick. I’m seriously digging this new combination. Pulls hard all the way through the rpm range and roll ons are no issue In fifth or sixth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,352 Posts
Tommy, in addition to my altered, I crew on a friends nostalgia funny car that has a 540 Alan Johnson Fat Head engine 14-71 blower, MSD 44amp mag, and Rossler transmission. I have the information written down and will keep that weekend open if there isn't a race in our circuit. I would have to trailer down as wife has a bad back, and in order to do day rides, have to cage for longer trips.
alright! come on down next year mr. moparman! heavy on the mr. bring race photos too. we would love to have you both if that is not a race weekend. it's a pretty laid back weekend with a little riding, much socializing and some good eating!

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Is the autotune on the TMax as capable as the options on the PowerVision?
Honestly I can’t answer this, as I have no experience with pv.
It’s a full on replacement of the ecm with wide band o2 sensors and fully adjustable if you are so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,352 Posts
Mr Slingshot you lost me on the 1970 340mDuster ;)
et, the plymouth duster was a new fast back desighn built on i believe the valient subframe. the 340m was a 340 cubic inch engine, the m disignation was for muscle. it came with 4barrel carburetor and i think they had more lift and duration on the camshaft. they ran like hell. i think faster than the baracudda with the same powerplant.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My first Duster actually said Valient Duster on the inside door panels. Guess I ought to clarify, first Duster was a 340, 4spd. car that just gobbled up Comaro's and Mustangs on the street. Duster #2 was a 340, Torqueflyte model, Duster #3 was a 340 4spd. SS/H race car (found out real quick that class racing is expensive). the 72 Challenger was another 340 4spd car, 11:1 compression, Comp Cams .585" solid cam, Holley 850 that was worked over, 3 1/2" exhaust with Lobak stock car mufflers (cops hated that car). 67 Formula S Barracuda had a warmed over 383 with the Hooker fenderwell headers, 3 1/2" exhaust, ran 11.20's and 120 mph on street tires. The 70 Cuda had a fiberglass front end, 440 with a roller cam and an 1150 Dominator, Torqueflyte with a Griner brake, let go of the button, and 3' wheelie was the first thing the car did.

·
V-Twin Junkie
202 Posts
I grew up restoring and modifying old British cars, but I did help a friend build a 66 Mustang GT with the Hi Po 289. That car was a revelation in simplicity and ease of work. I could go for a pony car as a winter and spring driver, but for now, the big ol' SUV will have to suffice.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What British cars did you restore ?
=
I grew up restoring and modifying old British cars, but I did help a friend build a 66 Mustang GT with the Hi Po 289. That car was a revelation in simplicity and ease of work. I could go for a pony car as a winter and spring driver, but for now, the big ol' SUV will have to suffice.

·
V-Twin Junkie
202 Posts
What British cars did you restore ?
=
My first car was a 1961 Mini, RHD, with the 848. I got that little bugger running and drove it as Mini madness took over. While driving the '61, I bought a '64 Cooper with a 1098 in it. I restored the '64, showed it for a while, then took it racing (autocross). I took the '61 off the road and drove the wheels off the '64 while stuffing a modded 1275 into the '61. Along with Minis, I have a love for Triumphs, so I bought and brought back to life a neglected '70 TR6 and set up a '74 Spitfire for mild autocrossing. I also helped restore a '72 Midget for my uncle.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My wife always had Mini's until we got married she learnt to drive in one which had the starter button on the floor near center console .
Her last mini was the 1275 mini mayfair actually a beautiful blacked out and chrome up beauty that went like a rocket .
The new mini that BMW own is crap you cant beat the original Brit car ....... have you seen the original film called the Italian Job ? not the version from a couple of years ago ...... original flim starred Michael Cane if you haven't try to source it out you wont be disappointed
To this day there is a huge following for Triumph cars here , SPITFIRE , STAG all versions a friend at work has two , not in mint condition but he loves them

My first car was a 1961 Mini, RHD, with the 848. I got that little bugger running and drove it as Mini madness took over. While driving the '61, I bought a '64 Cooper with a 1098 in it. I restored the '64, showed it for a while, then took it racing (autocross). I took the '61 off the road and drove the wheels off the '64 while stuffing a modded 1275 into the '61. Along with Minis, I have a love for Triumphs, so I bought and brought back to life a neglected '70 TR6 and set up a '74 Spitfire for mild autocrossing. I also helped restore a '72 Midget for my uncle.

·
V-Twin Junkie
202 Posts
My wife always had Mini's until we got married she learnt to drive in one which had the starter button on the floor near center console .
Her last mini was the 1275 mini mayfair actually a beautiful blacked out and chrome up beauty that went like a rocket .
The new mini that BMW own is crap you cant beat the original Brit car ....... have you seen the original film called the Italian Job ? not the version from a couple of years ago ...... original flim starred Michael Cane if you haven't try to source it out you wont be disappointed
To this day there is a huge following for Triumph cars here , SPITFIRE , STAG all versions a friend at work has two , not in mint condition but he loves them
I own copies of both versions of that film. I used to take my Minis to the national meets in California. I was deep into that scene. They've skyrocketed in price, so I won't own one again anytime soon, BUT I have toyed with the idea of an MGB with a Ford 5.0 in it :D

·
old scoot coot
3,352 Posts
My first Duster actually said Valient Duster on the inside door panels. Guess I ought to clarify, first Duster was a 340, 4spd. car that just gobbled up Comaro's and Mustangs on the street. Duster #2 was a 340, Torqueflyte model, Duster #3 was a 340 4spd. SS/H race car (found out real quick that class racing is expensive). the 72 Challenger was another 340 4spd car, 11:1 compression, Comp Cams .585" solid cam, Holley 850 that was worked over, 3 1/2" exhaust with Lobak stock car mufflers (cops hated that car). 67 Formula S Barracuda had a warmed over 383 with the Hooker fenderwell headers, 3 1/2" exhaust, ran 11.20's and 120 mph on street tires. The 70 Cuda had a fiberglass front end, 440 with a roller cam and an 1150 Dominator, Torqueflyte with a Griner brake, let go of the button, and 3' wheelie was the first thing the car did.
i'd bet that the dad's of the girls you dated probably wished you would chase someone elses daughter! gear heads have a tough job, no time to cajole your sweeties dad! school, working on car, working job to make money for car and girls outrunning cops, just no time to cajole dads.😁

·
weird member
2,174 Posts
Well, I replaced that jackshaft pinion gear yesterday, wasn't hard, thankfully I have the stock one instead of one of the one-piece replacements. Was able to wiggle the new one in there.

New primary cover gaskets don't get here until tomorrow. Ran into an amateur gearhead (cars) that I know and after talking a bit, when I got home, between talking to him eariler and you guys talking about muscle cars, I decide to spend about 30 minutes figuring out calculations to simulate a drag run since I can't ride.

Got all measurements exact, except weight measurement was a really close estimate erring heavier and the center of gravity was a guesstimate as well as % of weight on the rear tire, but all gearing ratios exact and left the default % torque loss down the drivetrain, pulled my dyno numbers and plugged everything in, even took a tape and measured the wheel diameters for it. If I was to actually do a run, I probably wouldn't come anywhere near these estimates as I lack experience:
Screenshot_20200520-174831.png

·
old scoot coot
3,352 Posts
a great day trip today. mickey, gary and i. 254 miles on the clock today. on yesterdays ride 211 miles, i think i posted 111. a check engine light came on on the way home yesterday so when i got home i pulled the code. it was 02 sensor on rear cyl lean. i was in a hurry this morning so i pulled the plugs, they were white which is acceptable but i'm shooting for some tan color. since the plugs were not to worry i canceled the dtc and thought i'd run it down the road and see. at 15 miles out the check engine light came on so for sure the idle through cruise pod was a tad lean. i stopped at dewey, cancelled the code, popped the side cover off and dialed it up from 1.750 to 2. from then all the way on down to ralston ok, our lunch stop, and back no light no codes. may have nailed it. i'll run it another couple hundred miles and check can interiors and spark plugs. still running very crisp. mickey and i had chicked fried steak, pan fried potatos both with the best made in the pan brown gravy. not that white wallpaper paste gravy or the brown stuff from a jar. also a little bowl of brown beans seasoned with bacon. yum, again today no room for pie. the corner cafe in ralston, ok. it's one of our favorites. i really need to loose about ten pounds to make the doc happy. with resturaunts opening up everywhere that won't be easy. in es i'm not even going to try. in fact brian and i will prestart the reunion wed eve with some pie and ice cream and i'm pretty sure redman (travis) and mack will join us if they get there in time.ha. i am taking wife down to tulsa saturday am to catch a plane to fargo for our grandaughters graduation then on up to minot to spend a couple of weeks with mom. jack, me, billy, melisa, his sister and bil leave for niagra falls on june 27th. so i'll have two weeks before that to rack up miles. yea, june will be a good month! i hope y'all have a great holiday weekend! hasta

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mr Tom
What have we told you ============== PHOTOS we just love photos we dont care if its of the food your eating
but we love photos

a great day trip today. mickey, gary and i. 254 miles on the clock today. on yesterdays ride 211 miles, i think i posted 111. a check engine light came on on the way home yesterday so when i got home i pulled the code. it was 02 sensor on rear cyl lean. i was in a hurry this morning so i pulled the plugs, they were white which is acceptable but i'm shooting for some tan color. since the plugs were not to worry i canceled the dtc and thought i'd run it down the road and see. at 15 miles out the check engine light came on so for sure the idle through cruise pod was a tad lean. i stopped at dewey, cancelled the code, popped the side cover off and dialed it up from 1.750 to 2. from then all the way on down to ralston ok, our lunch stop, and back no light no codes. may have nailed it. i'll run it another couple hundred miles and check can interiors and spark plugs. still running very crisp. mickey and i had chicked fried steak, pan fried potatos both with the best made in the pan brown gravy. not that white wallpaper paste gravy or the brown stuff from a jar. also a little bowl of brown beans seasoned with bacon. yum, again today no room for pie. the corner cafe in ralston, ok. it's one of our favorites. i really need to loose about ten pounds to make the doc happy. with resturaunts opening up everywhere that won't be easy. in es i'm not even going to try. in fact brian and i will prestart the reunion wed eve with some pie and ice cream and i'm pretty sure redman (travis) and mack will join us if they get there in time.ha. i am taking wife down to tulsa saturday am to catch a plane to fargo for our grandaughters graduation then on up to minot to spend a couple of weeks with mom. jack, me, billy, melisa, his sister and bil leave for niagra falls on june 27th. so i'll have two weeks before that to rack up miles. yea, june will be a good month! i hope y'all have a great holiday weekend! hasta

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Chief,

How the hell do you have such a clean garage? Between hunting stuff, diving stuff, tool boxes, motorcycle stuff....my poor garage looks like a damn storage shed.
Lol. I practically live out there, man.

Seriously, since the stay at home order I’ve been hanging everything to try and make room. I even hung the shop vac and snowblower, three of the bikes, the ladder, etc. Six kids means 8 bikes, plus three cars, the Señora, and a lawn tractor. No room for clutter!

It helps that my wife and I are both pretty tidy.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The girl I started dating when I was 18 lived on the other side of the subdivision from me, and she knew when I fired the Duster up to go get her. I still see her every day as we have been married for 41 years. Her dad worked at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft Co. and I worked at McDonnell Douglas Electronics Co. back then.

·
old scoot coot
3,352 Posts
The girl I started dating when I was 18 lived on the other side of the subdivision from me, and she knew when I fired the Duster up to go get her. I still see her every day as we have been married for 41 years. Her dad worked at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft Co. and I worked at McDonnell Douglas Electronics Co. back then.
that is so cool! wel since ya married her you were really busy, cause ya had to cajole her dad, he was going to be family. nice mopar man, nice. 😁

4401 - 4420 of 4497 Posts