Harley Davidson Forums banner

4421 - 4440 of 6132 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yea! My Grasshopper backrest got delivered today right after I got home from work. Scheduled delivery was Sunday by 9 PM. Less than 5 minutes to install!

·
old scoot coot
3,852 Posts
it was raining till noon today. i thought we had round table but that didn't work out so i was working in shop when sun came out a little after noon. i had checked earlier and no one wanted to ride, i think they thought it was going to rain all day. anyway a little over a week and my guys are going to be here for eureka springs reunion. i haven't ridden fury since the new pump came in for flash about 3 months i think. when that pump showed up i put it in w lifters and new cam brg and have been ridding it ever since. so fury needs some excersise. bad rear tire and all it's going to es. today i went to give it a good preflight. aired up tires, and rear suspension wiped off some bugs. i thought the battery was three years old come august so i was going to replace it. i got in there and it will be two years old come august. cool, so i load tested it, it was good, i'm real big on super shiney before the trip, now days i do the deep clean after the trip. ridding through even a little rain messes em up pretty good. i did wash the little nwws though. i spent a lot of time last winter on cosmetics. the cone incident wrecked front fender and the stock trailer knocking it over and dragging it messed it up more plus 91,000 miles of use had it pretty messed up. looking ok now so didn't need much clean up. i transfered my trip stuff, booster pac, tire repair kit, tool kit, 12v tire pump, rain gear, and some mmo and chemicals i carry on the road from flash over to fury. i checked coolant level and coolant pump operation. it's good to go. i rearranged the garage part of shop so we can get my guys, brian, mack, and travis' bikes in when its time to bed em down wed nite. it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. danny and i are flying out for lunch and will make a day of it at airport after i get back from tulsa. taking wife to tulsa to catch a plane to fargo. and you guessed it rain sunday through tuesday, maybe ok wednesday, then rain thursday and friday. this wx is just crazy! as long as it doesn.t do that june 6-9 i guess we will take it. y'all have a great holiday weekend! my floors do not look like rick's!
002.jpg
003.jpg
006.jpg

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Mr Tom
the first photo I see you have fitted a cooling fan to blow cool air at you whilst your riding :ROFLMAO: (y) ideal position between tank and seat.
I like the two old style weighing scales you have on show on top of your cabinets , is there some history you own them ? .

[tommytailspin, post: 7356346, member: 37489"]
it was raining till noon today. i thought we had round table but that didn't work out so i was working in shop when sun came out a little after noon. i had checked earlier and no one wanted to ride, i think they thought it was going to rain all day. anyway a little over a week and my guys are going to be here for eureka springs reunion. i haven't ridden fury since the new pump came in for flash about 3 months i think. when that pump showed up i put it in w lifters and new cam brg and have been ridding it ever since. so fury needs some excersise. bad rear tire and all it's going to es. today i went to give it a good preflight. aired up tires, and rear suspension wiped off some bugs. i thought the battery was three years old come august so i was going to replace it. i got in there and it will be two years old come august. cool, so i load tested it, it was good, i'm real big on super shiney before the trip, now days i do the deep clean after the trip. ridding through even a little rain messes em up pretty good. i did wash the little nwws though. i spent a lot of time last winter on cosmetics. the cone incident wrecked front fender and the stock trailer knocking it over and dragging it messed it up more plus 91,000 miles of use had it pretty messed up. looking ok now so didn't need much clean up. i transfered my trip stuff, booster pac, tire repair kit, tool kit, 12v tire pump, rain gear, and some mmo and chemicals i carry on the road from flash over to fury. i checked coolant level and coolant pump operation. it's good to go. i rearranged the garage part of shop so we can get my guys, brian, mack, and travis' bikes in when its time to bed em down wed nite. it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. danny and i are flying out for lunch and will make a day of it at airport after i get back from tulsa. taking wife to tulsa to catch a plane to fargo. and you guessed it rain sunday through tuesday, maybe ok wednesday, then rain thursday and friday. this wx is just crazy! as long as it doesn.t do that june 6-9 i guess we will take it. y'all have a great holiday weekend! my floors do not look like rick's! View attachment 784929 View attachment 784930 View attachment 784931
[/QUOTE]

·
old scoot coot
3,852 Posts
Mr Tom
the first photo I see you have fitted a cooling fan to blow cool air at you whilst your riding :ROFLMAO: (y) ideal position between tank and seat.
I like the two old style weighing scales you have on show on top of your cabinets , is there some history you own them ? .

[tommytailspin, post: 7356346, member: 37489"]
it was raining till noon today. i thought we had round table but that didn't work out so i was working in shop when sun came out a little after noon. i had checked earlier and no one wanted to ride, i think they thought it was going to rain all day. anyway a little over a week and my guys are going to be here for eureka springs reunion. i haven't ridden fury since the new pump came in for flash about 3 months i think. when that pump showed up i put it in w lifters and new cam brg and have been ridding it ever since. so fury needs some excersise. bad rear tire and all it's going to es. today i went to give it a good preflight. aired up tires, and rear suspension wiped off some bugs. i thought the battery was three years old come august so i was going to replace it. i got in there and it will be two years old come august. cool, so i load tested it, it was good, i'm real big on super shiney before the trip, now days i do the deep clean after the trip. ridding through even a little rain messes em up pretty good. i did wash the little nwws though. i spent a lot of time last winter on cosmetics. the cone incident wrecked front fender and the stock trailer knocking it over and dragging it messed it up more plus 91,000 miles of use had it pretty messed up. looking ok now so didn't need much clean up. i transfered my trip stuff, booster pac, tire repair kit, tool kit, 12v tire pump, rain gear, and some mmo and chemicals i carry on the road from flash over to fury. i checked coolant level and coolant pump operation. it's good to go. i rearranged the garage part of shop so we can get my guys, brian, mack, and travis' bikes in when its time to bed em down wed nite. it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. danny and i are flying out for lunch and will make a day of it at airport after i get back from tulsa. taking wife to tulsa to catch a plane to fargo. and you guessed it rain sunday through tuesday, maybe ok wednesday, then rain thursday and friday. this wx is just crazy! as long as it doesn.t do that june 6-9 i guess we will take it. y'all have a great holiday weekend! my floors do not look like rick's! View attachment 784929 View attachment 784930 View attachment 784931
yep et. my dad got into restoring scales for a while. i have them all over shop, house and hangar. let his friends pick ones they wanted as a remembrance. he passed six years ago. they are handy i use them all the time.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
yep et. my dad got into restoring scales for a while. i have them all over shop, house and hangar. let his friends pick ones they wanted as a remembrance. he passed six years ago. they are handy i use them all the time.
What a great keepsake and memories of your Father , I have Just a few old hand tools my father used ,I have them stored in my loft.. I will get a small box made up and show those tools off once I have completed my garage / man
cave .
I lost my Father many years ago I was only 35 now 61 years old yes sir those years just fly past makes ya wonder where they went

·
weird member
2,437 Posts
Out just piddling around.

Stopped and got some of those small, round cabinet bumper things that keep the doors from slamming. Going to stick one on each of the floor board mounts so that the floorboards don't fold all the way down to perpendicular to the bike, just slightly more up on the outsides. See if that might help keep the wind from trying to blow my feet off the boards at highway speed. At the very least, might help keep them from blowing outward.

Reactions: slingshot383

·
old scoot coot
3,852 Posts
What a great keepsake and memories of your Father , I have Just a few old hand tools my father used ,I have them stored in my loft.. I will get a small box made up and show those tools off once I have completed my garage / man
cave .
I lost my Father many years ago I was only 35 now 61 years old yes sir those years just fly past makes ya wonder where they went
sorry you lost yours so soon et. i was very lucky to have mine for a very long time. i still talk to him daily.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thanks Mr Tom
I don't talk everyday now but before I moved to where we now live , where my Dad's ashes were placed I had to drive that way to work every day and I always stopped & said a few words .
Nowadays I talk to him if I feel down or somthing is worrying me , I can say you wont forget your father but given time the pain does go away .
Losing him so young there are lots of things I wish we had done , but my only son ,( his grandchild ) had 3 years & he was such a good Grand Father , so I feel that my son lost out so much too .
My mother finally past away last year
sorry you lost yours so soon et. i was very lucky to have mine for a very long time. i still talk to him daily.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
There are times, especially when the weather is feeling like a early spring time or, late fall, ride in Utah. It really feels like my Dad is once again enjoying a easy ride, right there along with me. We rode every Sunday that the snowballs would allow. His last bike was a 1976 "Liberator" kinda purple(ish) colored with a big Gold Eagle across the front fairing. And that giant white couch seat. He truly loved those Electra Glides!

Funny thing though: I can remember riding during a few snow storms & many flurries but, cant remember ever getting caught in the rain with Dad.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Well I just got back from a nice ride all country roads the only thing that let it down was our weather as usual gray skys windy and chilly .
I stopped at a small place that was open selling takeaway I bought a coffee sat on my trike with the music on for a while ,a few people also buying coffee and sandwiches spoke to an old boy for 15 mins then headed off once again all in all I did about 40 miles .
Sorry no photo's I forgot my cell phone but it did happen (y) happy as a pig in chit but chilled ahahahahahaha

4421 - 4440 of 6132 Posts