Harley Davidson Forums banner

4441 - 4460 of 5757 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well I just got back from a nice ride all country roads the only thing that let it down was our weather as usual gray skys windy and chilly .
I stopped at a small place that was open selling takeaway I bought a coffee sat on my trike with the music on for a while ,a few people also buying coffee and sandwiches spoke to an old boy for 15 mins then headed off once again all in all I did about 40 miles .
Sorry no photo's I forgot my cell phone but it did happen (y) happy as a pig in chit but chilled ahahahahahaha
Good to know, you finally got some long, long awaited wind therapy!

·
V-Twin Junkie
372 Posts
I really appreciate you guys' talk about your dads. Mine passed in 2013 (lung cancer at 80, from 62 years of smoking). He was a Porsche mechanic after moving out of British cars, and he rode Triumphs. I idolized that man. He bought me my first dirt bike (YZ-80) when I was 11, and we restored it to perfect running condition by my 12th birthday. He stopped riding street bikes when I was about 6, and pretty much stopped riding even dirt bikes by the time I was getting into them. He told me many times that he regretted encouraging my love of motorcycles, but he always helped me fix every bike I owned until I moved out.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Jan and I rode over to Inverness and had breakfast. Took the scenic route going over and the more direct route coming back. 110 miles all told and it felt great.

·
old scoot coot
3,741 Posts
i got a nice ride in today. 281 miles. rode solo today, a spirited ride. 80mph all day. first rode over to toots for some ice cream and pie. strawberry yum. then went on south to sedan on 99. then to 166 and west over by winfield to k15 and south down to selida into oklahoma on 18 through the wind farms to 60 and west through pawhuska and on over to bartlesville. and back home. only got rained on twice for a short time, road on through it wo suiting up. brian and mack maybe you should come down tuesday eve or early wednesday so we could head over for lunch and pie. 😁 anyway a good ride and nice treat at toots. i think the tuner is spot on with only one adjustment. ran like a stripped assed ape. no decel pop, surging or stumbling. mileage was exactly what i would expect for richer than stock afm. it was hot when i got back so haven't checked plugs yet, i will tomorrow. all in all a nice ride and a good time was had by me.y'all have a good holiday tomorrow! the tire on the rear of flash looks as bad and the one on fury. i'll call hwy 60 cycles tuesday and have them order another one for it. hasta
006.jpg
009.jpg
024.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Had a AWESOME Day today!
Had a bit of a late start this morning because, my first action cam arrived from Amazon yesterday. So i stayed up to late tinkering with that. Woke up late. Duh! When i finally got the grey matter clicking this morning: I put Lisa's bike on the jack to find the cause of that noise coming from the primary side. The fluid level was perfect. The primary chain felt kinda sloppy. So I pulled the spark plugs and put the trans in 5th gear to roll the engine over. That is fun! I picked the tightest tension on the chain that i could find. It was about 3/8" too loose. Adjusted it to just under 1/2" free play. Got it back together and test rode it. The noise is history! Yea!

Lisa and i rode over to Eric's place. This was her first ride on it since i added the windshield, rolled the bars back some, readjusted the hand controls and softened the rear shocks by one dot on each side. She likes the new arrangement!

From Eric's, the three of us took a ride up to Big Bear Lake. Lots and lots of twisties but with allot of traffic. Since the Cronies finally opened up Cali this weekend. People were out in groves! We had a 45 minute wait for a table for lunch. But not complaining! It was just awesome to sit eat and relax at an outdoor restaurant. (I for one am sick of fast food!).
We took the long back way down off the mountain. That was just crazy! We had nearly the whole highway to our self's. Just a couple cars. Beautiful ride through the Forrest. Rolled in the drive right at sundown. 219.7 miles added!

The only negative of the day: No pictures 😩 I am still searching for where to mount that camera. I like the view from the helmet mounts best but, i my helmet is a modular. so that's out.

Edit: I forgot about the backrest: Wow! Today was the longest ride yet this year and for the first time: No lower back pain! 😇🤗

·
Registered
768 Posts
Saturday, led 12 bikes up to Perry to the Rustic Oak Cabin Restaurant, windy up in the flatlands, Food and company was great! Cleaned all the bugs off the bike Sunday, pop up storms all around. This morning did our annual breakfast ride down to Washington, then rode over to Herman and back home, storms are supposed to brew up anytime.

Speaking of Grasshopper backrest, I've had one for 4 years now, great backrest, easy on, easy off for when I have a passenger (she has much better padding).

·
old scoot coot
3,741 Posts
i had the best intentions of getting a ride to tulsa this morning. about eleven it looked pretty much like that could happen. so off i went. when i got out on the open road heading west i could see it was closing in. i had a hankering for catfish at lisas so i was hopeful. i stopped at a roadside stand at tyro. this guy is,i think, married to an amish lady but does not appear to be amish or not anyway in the summer he has good stuff like fresh melons, tomatoes, sweet corn etc and always baked goods. today i got some california dates and some fried pies. went out and it looked pretty rough n,s.e and west so i headed back. it was a 100 percent precip pobability day so it was a crap shoot going in. i stopped at grocery store and picked up ice cream tor the fried pies and headed out to the cabin. was starting to rain when i pulled into the shop. 36 miles on the clock so far. put stuff in fridge then got in cage and went to hangar to put a set of brake pads on the plane. on those cleveland brakes ya have to rivet new linnings on. they needed bleeding also so did that. piddled in hangar a while. rained a couple of times then stopped. i went back to cabin, ate a blackberry fried pie with ice cream of course,yum fell dead asleep in big boy recliner for an hour and a half and woke up to some sunshine. went out to get bike out and by the time i had done that sky was again very dark to horizon 360 and threatening rain. got more. so i had a whopping record setting 36 mile trip day. another 100 percent day tomorrow but who knows, it might work. i like solo plans or lack thereof, no one gets disappointed. i hope y'all had a good holiday weekend and bob i hope you had a nice ride. hasta

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got the fairing put back together. Head unit sounds good for being as cheap as it is. It's temporary though. Found out I need more wind protection to hear the radio, so I installed a Klock Werks 8" windshield. I installed an internal antenna and I get a whopping 1 radio station, which is basically the traffic/weather station. I also have a PAC TR12 on order to get rid of the head unit pop. For now I just have to start with the radio off, start the bike, and then turn the radio on. Also made brackets to put the headlight where it needs to be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,741 Posts
got that tulsa ride in today. 171 miles. lunch at lisa's down there. i got rained on three times for a few minutes. just kept going and dried off. nice ride only 75 but was comfortable in teeshirt and vest. solo so spirited, ha. had catfish and red beans and rice both very good there, yum. brian texted and he's in shiney's room now with jack. brian, mack, jack, travis and i will be ridding down together next thursday. a twin peaks lunch in rogers to start the weekend right. good weather forcast for next week. after a long monsoon that is great news and consistant with june, july and august here. hot and dry, can't wait.

4441 - 4460 of 5757 Posts