Harley Davidson Forums banner

4461 - 4480 of 5757 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Today : wired the new (stealthy) front blinkers to the bike. Ran the wires up through the holes in the lower switch housings then inside/thru the bars.

View attachment 785018
I used the same ones, more for when I have my fairing off. How do you like them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,741 Posts
Attached new to me HD windshield my brother in law scored for me cheap. Couldn't believe how good a shape it is in, very few scratches. Just as I got it on it started raining, can't wait to try it out.
02 RK

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
good looking rk coupe. i had a rk classic, 2010. i have a brand new plexiglass shield for that still in box. it's a light smoke. i traded bike in before putting it on. you pay freight, its yours.

·
weird member
2,335 Posts
I haven't been doing much since I fixed the starter pinion gear. Rode a bit in between rainy days to make sure no leaks anywhere. All good to go. I'd even be riding in the rain, but the amount of accidents around here lately are getting even more out of hand. Add into that a lot of road construction (US 231 resurfacing + further expanding the bypass around town to 6 lanes + lots of street closures for sewer repairs; why they gotta do all this at once is beyond me) as well as people still being stupid due to covid, and I am just not taking any chances right before next week.

Just planning what to grab. I got some venison patties for camping Wednesday night next week, though I need to dig out my small cast iron skillet for that (not cooking food over random sticks from the woods) and to make coffee the next morning. Need to pack up some tools, but otherwise not much packing to be done, just throw my clothes and toiletries in the duffle the night before and strap everything up.

Made a list this time so I don't forget anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
good looking rk coupe. i had a rk classic, 2010. i have a brand new plexiglass shield for that still in box. it's a light smoke. i traded bike in before putting it on. you pay freight, its yours.
I appreciate that, someone might be able to use it. I'm gonna run this one a while and then may change out for a Klock Werks flare windshield.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Noel
8,893 Posts
Took the ZX14 for a great 95 mile round trip to Plymouth, Ma. via new and old route 44, the new section is smoooooooth as a babies butt, while the old section is in the process of resurfacing, had to make a couple of detours in Middleboro, nice to get out for a nice evening ride, left when it was 74 and got home and now 64

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Today : wired the new (stealthy) front blinkers to the bike. Ran the wires up through the holes in the lower switch housings then inside/thru the bars.

View attachment 785018
Stealthy is an understatement if that's the signal lights hiding under the brake and clutch perch!

Reactions: Cave Man

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Folks have them put on the rear on sports bikes here in UK not a good idea at all , very difficult to see flashing from rear of bike can have a vehicle hit you from behind , I would like blinker lights as big has the head lights ahahahahaha just so the blind fukkers don't hit me

Stealthy is an understatement if that's the signal lights hiding under the brake and clutch perch!

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Folks have them put on the rear on sports bikes here in UK not a good idea at all , very difficult to see flashing from rear of bike can have a vehicle hit you from behind , I would like blinker lights as big has the head lights ahahahahaha just so the blind fukkers don't hit me
Exactly why I bought the module to make my rear turn signals into run + brake + turn signals. I've had one guy tell me that they were really noticeable at a stop light before.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just be careful . yes they look nice but from certain angle's the LED's can not be seen .
I have seen a couple of rear shunts to sports bikes here in UK

[QUOTE="Cave Man, post: 7356844, member: 261039"
These are definitely brighter than the OEM signals so I'll consider it an upgrade.
[/QUOTE]

·
weird member
2,335 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about the stealth lights. Sure, the bike looks sleek and modern just sitting there, looka good too, but is harder to see because although brighter, the area is smaller and closer together.

I saw a video one time, maybe it was an ad for something or a safety thing but it was geared more toward sport bikes and how, particularly from behind, sometimes our indicator abd brake lights aren't noticed because they're smaller and closer together, and people are used to the big, wide lights on a car. One time I noticed this about sport bikes when I was behind one at a stop light. It was a left turn lane and it stuck out to me how hard that would be to see, because on whatever make/model he was on, they were LED but they were side-by-side within the width of the rear fender.

But on mine, I switched everything to LED and put the module to stobe the taillight and convert the turn signals to run/brake/turn lights. Also on mine, I like the relocation kit lights better than the stock ones (they have to be relocated for saddlebags) because it sets them wider apart as well as further back (and they're bigger).

As well on mine, I like the fork clamped bullet style signals clamped on the outside of the forks on the front, makes them also wider and easier to see rather than the small bar that fits in-between the forks. Though I think stock, the front signals were actually off the perch/handlebars on mine. Never seen one with the stock signals.

I've seen enough "Mega Driving School Ultimate North American Driving Fails" as well as local accidents to know people don't even see other cars a lot of times, they damn sure don't see me. Then again, most of the time, they don't see because they aren't looking to begin with, so stealth lights or not, they can't see if they don't look. Like, how you don't see a giant red van next to you or an even more giant semi-truck is beyond me.

·
Try'n to behave
6,010 Posts
Cave Man, I like the stealth turn signals. Run 'em if you like 'em. Just because they're small doesn't mean you're going to get run down.

Hell, I don't even have signals on my '81 (except my hand signals).

·
V-Twin Junkie
372 Posts
Is that a MICRO BREWERY ? what beers do they make
It is. Breweries are huge business in the Phoenix area. Goldwater makes pretty much every type of beer, thankfully eschewing competing for the MOST HOPPED UP HOPPY HOPPNESS competition that I think is making beer less about an experience and more about an endurance contest. I had a flight of beers there, trying a sour, a lime lager, a couple of solid IPAs and a fantastic coffee porter.

Attachments

·
old scoot coot
3,741 Posts
I haven't been doing much since I fixed the starter pinion gear. Rode a bit in between rainy days to make sure no leaks anywhere. All good to go. I'd even be riding in the rain, but the amount of accidents around here lately are getting even more out of hand. Add into that a lot of road construction (US 231 resurfacing + further expanding the bypass around town to 6 lanes + lots of street closures for sewer repairs; why they gotta do all this at once is beyond me) as well as people still being stupid due to covid, and I am just not taking any chances right before next week.

Just planning what to grab. I got some venison patties for camping Wednesday night next week, though I need to dig out my small cast iron skillet for that (not cooking food over random sticks from the woods) and to make coffee the next morning. Need to pack up some tools, but otherwise not much packing to be done, just throw my clothes and toiletries in the duffle the night before and strap everything up.

Made a list this time so I don't forget anything.
don't forget jap flaps, std footwear at motel. this you know but they are easy to forget. 😎

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
It is. Breweries are huge business in the Phoenix area. Goldwater makes pretty much every type of beer, thankfully eschewing competing for the MOST HOPPED UP HOPPY HOPPNESS competition that I think is making beer less about an experience and more about an endurance contest. I had a flight of beers there, trying a sour, a lime lager, a couple of solid IPAs and a fantastic coffee porter.
We got a moonshine distellery not too far from here.

·
V-Twin Junkie
372 Posts
We got a moonshine distellery not too far from here.
The only moonshine place around here uses Ole Smoky products. There are a few interesting distilleries for whiskey I'd like to try, like Black Mountain and Adventurous Stills, but their tasting rooms and tours are still shut down for the most part.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Likely here as well. Its been awhile since I've been there.

Reactions: Gorillathehun
4461 - 4480 of 5757 Posts