Harley Davidson Forums banner

5001 - 5020 of 5173 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's Crazy Purdy, post up a full pic of that bike! Please!
I'm curious about the seat? That can't be stock?
It's the stock seat. It's not too bad on the old 4th point of contact also. Here is a bigger pic still up on the lift.

20200730_195934.jpg

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put a cat face '60s style replica tail light on the Sporty a little bit ago. I was changing some of the wiring around and the turn signals got jacked up so just just deleted them as well. It's legal here. Yeah I know I better watch my 6 a bit harder.
20200524_004651.jpg

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I put a cat face '60s style replica tail light on the Sporty a little bit ago. I was changing some of the wiring around and the turn signals got jacked up so just just deleted them as well. It's legal here. Yeah I know I better watch my 6 a bit harder. View attachment 786748
My shovel doesn't have turn signals...and I live and ride in Miami traffic. Know and use your hand signals and look 50x before moving.

·
Noel
8,505 Posts
Tried running the Destroyer w/o any tuners attached.
Still have issue with rough running cold, holding throttle open to maintain RPM's until it warms up helps.
Intermittent back fire through throttle body from rear cylinder, and random stalling continues.

Things I plan to look at, pull and inspect plugs for over rich or lean conditions, clean them,
Look at the injectors for excess flow leaky pintle or clogged ports, clean them.
Load the baseline U4 fuel map.

Reinstall plugs & injectors then run another cold start test, monitoring the engine with the TTS Data Master and record performance and look for any DTC's

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Got a ride into work yesterday (Friday) turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far in UK ,,,, cell phone said 92 but on my trike it said 96 degrees

my normal place of parking on the block paving area by the Oak tree which is only for people not for parking of cars
so no fear of getting it hit by some old duffer of a driver .

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I was toying with the idea of riding to work yesterday. Thankfully i got a late start on the morning so, i didn't have the time to prep for the ride. Lucky because the temp soared to 109 on the way home and traffic was a nightmare. I watched as a couple rode by (splitting lanes) on a Ultra, both in black leathers. I couldn't help but to feel sorry for them melting, while trying to concentrate on the stupidity of the cagers. I think the maximum speed on the freeway was maybe 35 tops, the whole 45 miles. (most of the time was 0)! 2.5 hours to travel 45 miles. :sleep:
My later plan was to get home then ride the bike to go get the fluids to change the oil(s). By time i got to the driveway, i completely lost interest in that. So i postponed it for this morning..My back said "NO-EFFN WAY!" As i spent most of the night awake because my Sciatica kicked in full swing! I could barely get down the stairs this morning. Soo yeah another fun filled weekend...:confused:

Reactions: RJ64

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Got a ride into work yesterday (Friday) turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far in UK ,,,, cell phone said 92 but on my trike it said 96 degrees
View attachment 786783
my normal place of parking on the block paving area by the Oak tree which is only for people not for parking of cars
so no fear of getting it hit by some old duffer of a driver .
ET, are "dobbies" the UK version of "doobies"? LOL.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Don’t ya just love getting older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember seniors telling me that pain is just proof ya aint dead yet. Here i thought they were just exaggerating. I was wrong! Again! :rolleyes:

·
Noel
8,505 Posts
Pulled the plugs, the rear plug was pretty fouled up and wet with fuel, might be an injector issue, possibly dumping more fuel then needed, for now I changed them with fresh ones.

Ordered a new set of injectors, could not get them at my local shop, order from Ronnie's HD out of western Mass.

Did a cold compression test as well, 240 psi on both front and rear, so I'm getting a good valve seal, a relief as I was fearing an issue with valves stems heating up and binding one of the guides.

So for now, will wait on the new injectors, then install those, perform additional testing and hopefully bring her to the track for performance testing, the only test and tune session available are Sunday 8/2 and several dates in September & October, hopefully I get this debugged by then.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Testing out another tweak to the fuel map. I think we have a winner. Pulls like a train to red line. This sure is one fun bike! Pic of me breaking the law in a no parking zone. Shhhhhhh........ maybe no one will notice lol
20200802_093839.jpg

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Met a friend yesterday AM at a Maverick east of town. He and his girlfriend are heading to Sturgis (early, yes) on vacation. She 's driving a chase vehicle packed to the rafters, and he's riding. Another friend met us and we all rode to the 50,000 Silver Dollar bar in Montana. Total 220 miles. Unfortunately, lots of construction on I-90 through Coeur d'Alene and from Lookout Pass down the east side. Still a good run for a day. The others rode on and I headed home with a few gifts for grandkids from the gift shop. Great place to stop, BTW.

·
Noel
8,505 Posts
157 miles of riding last evening 10 pm to 3 am, through the roads of Rhode Island mostly the south eastern part of the state, left from my area down to Sakonnet Point light at Little Compton, then back to Tiverton across the Sakonnet River bridge to Aquidneck Island (Portsmouth, Middletown & Newport) stopped at many points including the apex of each of the major bridges (including Newport (Pell) and Jamestown (Verrazzanno), caught a lot of moon lit photos and video of the sounds of the ocean pounding the southern New England shores, lightly traveled roads all evening it was a joy to get away from the news, TV and general BS.

The Sakonnet River Bridge is what I am on, way in the background is the Mount Hope Bridge that connects Bristol to Aquidneck Island.

Looking at the Newport Pell bridge from a waterfront dead end side street, close the the US Navy War College.

On top of the Newport Pell Bridge heading toward Jamestown, center lanes are closed for construction (no work this evening) so I could stop to take the shot. Selfie looking back toward Newport RI.

Near the top of the Jamestown to Kingstown Bridge, looking off to the north side of the bridge you can see the lights of Quonset naval air station (ANG)

Ride route of the trip:

·
Registered
251 Posts
[QUOTE="TaxmanHog, post: 7364731, member: it was a joy to get away from the news, TV and general BS.
[/QUOTE]
One of the biggest reasons why I ride.

5001 - 5020 of 5173 Posts