·
Super Moderator
12,834 Posts
8 days
2385 miles
2016 Limited
From Ft Worth to Colorado Springs to Durango and home
Wife was a real trooper.

Front blow out 90 min into day 1, but after that is was amazing.

Good to be home. I should have enough for my 250,000 HOG mileage patch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
8 days
2385 miles
2016 Limited
Wife was a real trooper.

Wow front blow out, glad all are ok.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Found it, ARMY-L B22
That is a small 10 ring for 25 yd. pistol Especially on a timed event... One "mental trick" I've adapted to timed events, from the Skeet range: A skeet coach told me: "With doubles on stations 1,2,6,&7 keep in mind, you have all day, just don't take it".. In other words never think about that clock! Don't think about that last shot, nor the next! The ONLY THING you can think of is: THAT ROUND IN THE CHAMBER RIGHT NOW! Sight alignment, sight picture, breathe (lock the diaphragm), aim, squeeze. (this i usually follow with: "stupid") because i didn't fallow my own instructions! However there is one additional step that MUST be fallowed when shooting muzzle-loaders.. "Hold still stupid, after the shot!" to be competitive with boom sticks.. If you look for the impact, it will strike low. That is a guarantee! Cartridge guns don't share that problem though.

Reactions: TaxmanHog

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
8 days
2385 miles
2016 Limited
Wife was a real trooper.

IMPRESSIVE!!! If i had a front blow, just after heading out. I'd probably re - think my travel plan! Good to hear that you saved it and the day! Congratulations on that 250 K!

Reactions: gtrman66

·
Registered
11,422 Posts
Had a great ride both Saturday and Sunday. About 150 miles each day. Went out about 6:45a. It was nice and cool and had a good breakfast out both days. It will be nice when the hot weather is behind us.
Weekend was good here also, and, yeah, the mornings were really cool here. I let Sat. warm up a bit and even leaving the house around 10 I put on an extra shirt.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Weekend was good here also, and, yeah, the mornings were really cool here. I let Sat. warm up a bit and even leaving the house around 10 I put on an extra shirt.
Sweet! The exact opposite here. All weekend it was in the teens over 100. Just walking outside took the breath. Jason rode his bike over for me to help him with a fender delete kit. He had no instructions nor a service manual. It took longer than expected. He had to go pick up his kids, so i sent him off on Lisa's Sporty. On Monday, he rode back over. Leaving his helmet on her bike... When his bike was completed, he had to dunk his helmet in the pool to cool it down enough to wear! 🤣😂

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
11,422 Posts
Sweet! The exact opposite here. All weekend it was in the teens over 100. Just walking outside took the breath. Jason rode his bike over for me to help him with a fender delete kit. He had no instructions nor a service manual. It took longer than expected. He had to go pick up his kids, so i sent him off on Lisa's Sporty. On Monday, he rode back over. Leaving his helmet on her bike... When his bike was completed, he had to dunk his helmet in the pool to cool it down enough to wear! 🤣😂
Dang, that's hot. I believe I would have gone back into the AC and chill till evening.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Today I went to work on my trike the weather at first was cloudy and at 10 am it rained for 10 mins then the cloud dispersed and the sun came out .
I always park the trike near the oak tree on block paving no vehicle access to this area except me ahahaha .
Any how 11am I came out from staff room and saw this this rewaco trike parked next to my trike , same colour as mine " wicked red" didn't get to talk to the owner but he was an old geezer much older than me he also had two passengers .
Not my kind of trike but each to their own it made my Harley look tiny
Got to admit with both trikes parked up in a prime spot they both had plenty of people admiring them and taking photos

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Today I went to work on my trike the weather at first was cloudy and at 10 am it rained for 10 mins then the cloud dispersed and the sun came out .
I always park the trike near the oak tree on block paving no vehicle access to this area except me ahahaha .
Any how 11am I came out from staff room and saw this this rewaco trike parked next to my trike , same colour as mine " wicked red" didn't get to talk to the owner but he was an old geezer much older than me he also had two passengers .
Not my kind of trike but each to their own it made my Harley look tiny
Got to admit with both trikes parked up in a prime spot they both had plenty of people admiring them and taking photos
View attachment 787938

View attachment 787939

View attachment 787940
That looks like Santa's Santa's slead w/o Reindeer.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Had to go see an ear/nose/throat guy yesterday. Rode over of course. Had to have a little spot in the left side cauterized. Also a biopsy (nothing serious I suspect). Anyway, I rode up looking for ammo at a couple places (my Makarov 9x18 is getting rare). As the novocain wore off, my sinuses had their revenge. Ride home was teary, sniffling, but I made it.

·
old scoot coot
4,093 Posts
Had to go see an ear/nose/throat guy yesterday. Rode over of course. Had to have a little spot in the left side cauterized. Also a biopsy (nothing serious I suspect). Anyway, I rode up looking for ammo at a couple places (my Makarov 9x18 is getting rare). As the novocain wore off, my sinuses had their revenge. Ride home was teary, sniffling, but I made it.
hey rapier. i get i get my 9x18 and all my amo from j&g sales in prescott, az. ph. 918 445 9650 . they are competitive. they even keep amo for my 8mm mouser. their website is www.jgsales.com. they have all calibres of pistol and rifle amo.

·
old scoot coot
4,093 Posts
nada, zero, zilch, nothin. haven't riddin since sunday. round table tomorrow. also another wash out tomorrow. johnny's shadow is in shop with back wheel off. we took it off yesterday and took it down to honda, harley dlr at bartlesville yesterday tire hasn't come in yet. i hope y'all get some ridding in tomorrow.

·
old scoot coot
4,093 Posts
maybe a little radiation, that's not bad. they did a spot on mine that sounded like yours. only got a little sore inside. they said to use suncreen. i don't think so hell im darker than most mexican and chicano guys now.

5361 - 5380 of 6560 Posts