Harley Davidson Forums banner

5641 - 5660 of 5730 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Installed LED passing lamps and front/rear turn signals. Next up is the tail lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Them ain't cheap but, they sure put out the light! Looks good!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I love taking my wife’s 48 special around the town. People tend to underestimate those 1200’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely love my Deluxe but at times miss the Iron 1200 I traded for it. Still have Cat-Rat, the '05 Sportster but it's not quite the same with that rock hard seat and bobber style tires. I still am looking for a 21" front wheel for it.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton and OscarN

·
Registered
221 Posts
Installed a Captain Itch crotch cooler, pleased to say it really works. WIN_20201013_13_40_36_Pro.jpg It has the Air Force emblem on it although hard to see in this picture.

·
weird member
2,332 Posts
Every time I do something, it's just got to be a PitFA.

So, I ordered a full Rivera/Primo pro clutch rather than just the kit that uses the stock basket. Came in today, sweet.

Open up the primary, comp nut was loose, which I knew already. Took everything out, cleaned the crap out of the nut and the shaft, soaked the clutch friction disks.

Get down to put it all together, got the comp nut on, making sure I used the HIGH STRENGTHA rather than HIGH TEMPERATURE thread locker (they're both red, grabbed the wrong one last time).

Begin with the clutch now, can't lock the fn clutch down. It's like the BDL clutch all over again, only this time I don't have an allen wrench that will fit to jamb between the hubs and even if I did, I don't want to risk damaging the splines.

So, I see in the instructions, there is a clutch locking tool. Go online to the Rivera website... tool not found when I search by name or part number. So I search by category, look under tools, there is no hub locking tool. 😠

So, does anyone know of a universal clutch locking tool that will work with a Rivera clutch? I tried like, putting the bike on the ground and putting it in gear and jambing it into the garage door with my wife to help me steady and all I could manage to do when trying to tighten the hub nut, is to spin the back tire. I have already emailed them asking about it. Google search doesn't result in anything except places where it is sold out and ONE tool, with no reviews that's made in the UK, but I don't trust because I never heard of them and it's projected to take a month to get here if I did order it.

received_342156507041993.jpeg

·
V-Twin Junkie
365 Posts
Every time I do something, it's just got to be a PitFA.

So, I ordered a full Rivera/Primo pro clutch rather than just the kit that uses the stock basket. Came in today, sweet.

Open up the primary, comp nut was loose, which I knew already. Took everything out, cleaned the crap out of the nut and the shaft, soaked the clutch friction disks.

Get down to put it all together, got the comp nut on, making sure I used the HIGH STRENGTHA rather than HIGH TEMPERATURE thread locker (they're both red, grabbed the wrong one last time).

Begin with the clutch now, can't lock the fn clutch down. It's like the BDL clutch all over again, only this time I don't have an allen wrench that will fit to jamb between the hubs and even if I did, I don't want to risk damaging the splines.

So, I see in the instructions, there is a clutch locking tool. Go online to the Rivera website... tool not found when I search by name or part number. So I search by category, look under tools, there is no hub locking tool. 😠

So, does anyone know of a universal clutch locking tool that will work with a Rivera clutch? I tried like, putting the bike on the ground and putting it in gear and jambing it into the garage door with my wife to help me steady and all I could manage to do when trying to tighten the hub nut, is to spin the back tire. I have already emailed them asking about it. Google search doesn't result in anything except places where it is sold out and ONE tool, with no reviews that's made in the UK, but I don't trust because I never heard of them and it's projected to take a month to get here if I did order it.

View attachment 788817
Not like this one?

·
weird member
2,332 Posts
Not like this one?

I don't know if the teeth will fit into the splines of the inner hub. I read reviews of several like this that they don't hold worth a damn, with several also saying they had to grind it down to even get it in the grooves (they're meant for square grooves). I went ahead and ordered one anyway earlier (different brand). The other issue is, for tightening, will two prongs hold for 80 ft lbs without chipping or breaking the spines or themselves breaking?

That particular brand is also one I will NEVER buy from, everything I ever had from that brand has been pure garbage.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I was having some trouble getting the Deluxe tuned 'just right' and still getting decel popping here and there, so I decided to read the instructions, yet again, on line. Turns out I wasn't saving the auto-tune info correctly and basically did nothing all this time. I feel like a dumbass lol. Went out late last night doing it the right way to make a tune just for my riding 'style', and today when using the tune riding to work it was a whole different bike! Runs awesome now and even the average fuel economy is up where it should be. The nice thing is that with the Powervision you can keep tweaking the same tune to get it just the way you want it, and have different tunes for different applications. Now that 103 went from a kitten to a roaring lion with balls. Highly recommend one of these if you are thinking about it. Just follow the instructions. The correct way lol.

·
weird member
2,332 Posts
Well, got an email back from Rivera, they don't make the tool, said it was more cost effective to order a plate and disk and rivet them together, so I got those on order. In the meantime, the bike is just sitting on the stand. I should take this opportunity to do some of the other service work, like, I guess the steering bearings and such, but I don't feel like doing anything today.

Side note, check out the surface area between the Rivera clutch plates and stock size. And that spring is good for up to 120 HP, so if I ever had the money to put a bigger engine in her... well I am good for a while.

IMG_20201014_122244428.jpg

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I was going to tell you to just bolt or rivet an inner and outer spline clutch plates together, but I see you got it figured out already.
IMG_3173.JPG
Here's one for Triumph twins. At least 50 yrs. old :cool:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Walked past both of them "GLAIRING" away at me as i came in through the garage from work...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Home made tools are awesome. I had to custom make a 14mm wrench to set the timing on a 350 diesel I had in the 80s. Only used it once but I still have it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Pro Pipe install went with drama, 1 O2 sensor took a dump, V&H pipes require their gaskets, pipe and floorboard bracket were fighting for the same space. pull pipe back off, install a pair of new O2 sensors, and V&H gaskets, and massage (grind the hell out of) the floorboard bracket, and all is well except now bike needs to go on a dyno, low end isn't happy, and the reversion is making a lot of noise coming out of the intake. Once on the cam 3200+ rpm with fairly heavy throttle, bike is real happy and pulling hard and sounding great. Light sleepers in the neighborhood might not be happy when I leave for work at 04:20. Oh, did I mention that I live at the bottom of a long steep hill?

5641 - 5660 of 5730 Posts