Harley Davidson Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 6134 Posts

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
Had to wait on the wife to get home, but I got pics of what I mean by the shield being too curved at the bottom and not being the best fit on it's own mounting hardware (the new one). As you can see, one side of the grommet (which isn't that thick) has a lot more load/stress on it than the other. This is just snugged, not over tightened.

Well, got as best I could of pics, really hard thing to try to take a pic of. Anyway, this is the 15" shield and I don't like how it's so drastically un-flush on the bottom bolts. The 13" shield sits almost perfectly flush on both top and bottom.

They can't be returned once opened though, so I really hope a spoiler will solve the buffeting issue, otherwise what a waste of $200+.

received_1158093284588647.jpeg received_384483576008527.jpeg received_1010579886077370.jpeg received_293291038560636.jpeg

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
This was supposed to be in response to loubob's post.

^^^ I have been involved with the PGR since 2008. Our ride capt. used to say at every mission that this family is grieving, hurting, and at a very low time in there lives. When we (PGRs) show up and support them we each take a little of their sorrow with us, aleviating a little of their pain. It has always been an honor to be able to do so.

·
Registered
2020 Tri Glide
208 Posts
Never got above 65 deg while out and wind blew pretty good.
Least it wasn't 37 and dang sure didn't snow....Hate that for y'all..
Rode up to lake, water was whitecapping...Guy was pulling his boat
out. Asked him "Ain't it a little cool out in a boat" ? He says "ain't it a little
cool on a motorcycle" Guess he had a point !!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wondering if anyone could give me a good website to look at for the sissy bar backrest insert? Right now it's just the regular hardware I have searched online off and on all day today and can't really find anything that I like.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Wondering if anyone could give me a good website to look at for the sissy bar backrest insert? Right now it's just the regular hardware I have searched online off and on all day today and can't really find anything that I like.
Any suggestions?
My memory of who rides what isn't so hot.. What bike is this for?
Have you looked at Grasshopper yet?
Here's a link: Harley Davidson - GRASSHOPPER LIMITED

EDIT: If you are interested in a used one, I saw 20 or 30 of them at Chopper Gallery in Temecula. They are not listed on their webpage but, they do sell used parts. (Call and ask for parts and take it from there). They aren't cleaned up or anything, one may tickle your fancy, who knows.. Here's their web link: Chopper Gallery - Web is located in Temecula, CA. Shop our large online inventory.

If you decide to ride up there, please drop me a line.. They are close by (14 miles) there's lots of great food places near the store (Old Town Temecula).

EDIT 2: I had previously pm'd you my phone #, but send a text first (so i know its you) (I never answer unknown numbers!)

EDIT 3: If in talking to them on the phone, and unsure, of some. Call me, I will stop by there and send you picks. I drive within a 100 yards of that store on my commute...

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
Any suggestions?
Have you looked on J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk yet? They don't carry every aftermarket company out there, but they carry basically all the big ones.

Reactions: Manduhlyn

·
Registered
510 Posts

EDIT: If you are interested in a used one, I saw 20 or 30 of them at Chopper Gallery in Temecula. They are not listed on their webpage but, they do sell used parts. (Call and ask for parts and take it from there). They aren't cleaned up or anything, one may tickle your fancy, who knows.. Here's their web link: Chopper Gallery - Web is located in Temecula, CA. Shop our large online inventory.

If you decide to ride up there, please drop me a line.. They are close by (14 miles) there's lots of great food places near the store (Old Town Temecula).

EDIT 2: I had previously pm'd you my phone #, but send a text first (so i know its you) (I never answer unknown numbers!)

EDIT 3: If in talking to them on the phone, and unsure, of some. Call me, I will stop by there and send you picks. I drive within a 100 yards of that store on my commute...
Great info and you are so kind!! Have checked EVERYWHERE but had not heard of these 2 you suggested. I will check them both out.
And, yes, if we head up that way I'll text you and we can meet up/have lunch and RIDE!
Thanks so much for the suggestions!
Have you looked on J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk yet? They don't carry every aftermarket company out there, but they carry basically all the big ones.
Sure did, found nothing really that grabbed me.
Wall Banger also helped me yesterday but neither of us found anything - told him we need to start a business making these as I'm really surprised how difficult it is to find them.
Did find Willie G skulls and maltese crosses, but not what I'm looking for. Im looking for old school harley design.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Oh, i forgot to mention its fir our 2004 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Heres the back rest now - boring lol

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
What you're looking for is also called a "medallion", if that helps in your searching. Don't even bother putting motorcycle specific terms, you can just look up "4 inch medallion" and find all kinds of generic ones, or look for something more specific (like... "3.5 inch horse medallion"). Really, just about anything could work. Though medallion usually implies something round or round-ish.

I mean, I just went kind of basic with mine... but you could find anything you like and use 3M double sided tape to stick it on.

IMG_20190314_181328023.jpg

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Oh, i forgot to mention its fir our 2004 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Heres the back rest now - boring lol
View attachment 789845
I was confused! I was thinking of the backrest pad not the medallion. I doubt that Grasshopper will have anything like that. However The Chopper Gallery just might. You are looking for old school, keep an eye out at antique shops! Many around here have HD stuff.

·
Registered
510 Posts
What you're looking for is also called a "medallion", if that helps in your searching. Don't even bother putting motorcycle specific terms, you can just look up "4 inch medallion" and find all kinds of generic ones, or look for something more specific (like... "3.5 inch horse medallion"). Really, just about anything could work. Though medallion usually implies something round or round-ish.

I mean, I just went kind of basic with mine... but you could find anything you like and use 3M double sided tape to stick it on.

View attachment 789848
This is the exact design I'm looking for!

·
Registered
510 Posts

View attachment 789848
I was looking for the ones that screw in. I did find the design I like but not the ones that screw in.

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
This is the exact design I'm looking for!
I think I bought that at my local Harley dealer. It was actually in motorclothes if I remember right, there was a section with stickers and decorations. Wasn't even billed or marketed as a sissybar medallion.

I'm pretty sure that one is made by Drag Specialties though.

I was looking for the ones that screw in. I did find the design I like but not the ones that screw in.
Very few make any that screw in, you're not going to find very many options there. The one I have specifically doesn't come in an option to screw in. 99.9% of them are going to be double sided tape.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think I bought that at my local Harley dealer. It was actually in motorclothes if I remember right, there was a section with stickers and decorations. Wasn't even billed or marketed as a sissybar medallion.

I'm pretty sure that one is made by Drag Specialties though.

Very few make any that screw in, you're not going to find very many options there. The one I have specifically doesn't come in an option to screw in. 99.9% of them are going to be double sided tape.
Thanks, that's definitely what I'm finding also (or not finding haha).
The only ones I've found that DO screw in are designs I dont like. Never had issues with it falling off with the tape?

5961 - 5980 of 6134 Posts