Harley Davidson Forums banner

5981 - 6000 of 6134 Posts

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
Thanks, that's definitely what I'm finding also (or not finding haha).
The only ones I've found that DO screw in are designs I dont like. Never had issues with it falling off with the tape?
Nope, mine has been there 2 years now.

Just make sure where you're going to stick it is totally clean, and press it firmly. It also helps to rub the tape before removing the backing.

The mmedallion that was on my old bike was double sided stick tape and it had been on there for 20 years, and after all that time, was a huge pita to pull it off.

If the tape is quality, you got nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
791 Posts
1/2 Ton, when I went to Oceanside to see the eldest daughter and her family at Camp Pendelton, when I rented the Heritage Softail to ride with them, we stopped at the Chopper Gallery, neat multi-building store. Going back to Oceanside from there is where we passed the guy in the "Sons of Anarchy" vest, and when he saw my cut, he disappeared. Me thinks he has had a talking to about wearing that patch before. Of course my Missouri cut in California would have raised eyebrows with any local 1%ers!

·
Registered
510 Posts
1/2 Ton, when I went to Oceanside to see the eldest daughter and her family at Camp Pendelton, when I rented the Heritage Softail to ride with them, we stopped at the Chopper Gallery, neat multi-building store. Going back to Oceanside from there is where we passed the guy in the "Sons of Anarchy" vest, and when he saw my cut, he disappeared. Me thinks he has had a talking to about wearing that patch before. Of course my Missouri cut in California would have raised eyebrows with any local 1%ers!
Nahhhh.. as long as your rocker doesn't say California you be all right

·
old scoot coot
3,857 Posts
day before yesterday 94 miles running around neighborhood. phil got a new 2020 street glide. he was telling me what a rocket ship the m8 is. i was ridding fury. i said i know dude, i have one. :) yesterday tony and i rode to humbolt for a burger at a little joint we like. i had a double with grilled onions and susy q's. yum. 148 miles temp was 77 coming back. a nice couple of rides. good to get out on bike again. ride on amigos.

·
old scoot coot
3,857 Posts
damn, i almost forgot. i talked to someone about a backrest. i had one left that was on my rkc. i will get a photo today and post it up. still, it's yours if you pay freight. sorry for being late. i read on line the other day if you have mild hearing loss it increases your chances of dementia by like 30 percent. with my hearing aids i'm stone deaf. according to them i'm screwed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
510 Posts
damn, i almost forgot. i talked to someone about a backrest. i had one left that was on my rkc. i will get a photo today and post it up. still, it's yours if you pay freight. sorry for being late. i read on line the other day if you have mild hearing loss it increases your chances of dementia by like 30 percent. with my hearing aids i'm stone deaf. according to them i'm screwed. :rolleyes:
Well you are in good company.....wait what was I saying...? lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
Last night I moved my bike out of the 'bike garage' so that I could use the workbench to see what is wrong with my chainsaw. When you push the primer bulb in and it crumbles to dust there just may be an issue. Turns out sitting in its box for about 7 yrs all alone will kill the entire fuel system. All new lines and primer bulb later, it runs great again! I don't use it much and always clean it and drain gas and bar oil out before storage, but then I realized it's about 25 yrs old now and this is the first problem ever. If only my vehicles would be the same way...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Last night I moved my bike out of the 'bike garage' so that I could use the workbench to see what is wrong with my chainsaw. When you push the primer bulb in and it crumbles to dust there just may be an issue. Turns out sitting in its box for about 7 yrs all alone will kill the entire fuel system. All new lines and primer bulb later, it runs great again! I don't use it much and always clean it and drain gas and bar oil out before storage, but then I realized it's about 25 yrs old now and this is the first problem ever. If only my vehicles would be the same way...
Well if you limited the use of your other vehicles to once every seven years or so, it just might work out. Except for rubber parts! 🙃

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well if you limited the use of your other vehicles to once every seven years or so, it just might work out. Except for rubber parts! 🙃
Hahaha yeah maybe so! My luck doesn't work that way anyway. Starting the car this morning it sure was cranking slow.....oh the joy. Been a bad week so why not just throw that in the mix as well lol

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hahaha yeah maybe so! My luck doesn't work that way anyway. Starting the car this morning it sure was cranking slow.....oh the joy. Been a bad week so why not just throw that in the mix as well lol
Hopefully your weekend will make up for the prior week!

Reactions: RJ64

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hopefully your weekend will make up for the prior week!
Gonna hit 70 tomorrow.....hopefully done with chainsaw before noon.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
old scoot coot
3,857 Posts
ok took a pic of harley backrest. real simple. no luggage rack just a plain jane back rest. it has quick release latches for docking kit studs. if you want it just pm me your address and i'll send it ups and let you know what shipping charge was. :)
010.jpg
007.jpg
009.jpg

·
old scoot coot
3,857 Posts
the crome and upholstry look funky in the photo. they are pristine. it was just really dusty and i wiped them with a wet paper towel and the water make it look that way in photo.

·
American
27,312 Posts
I’m in the same boat.

Reactions: tommytailspin
5981 - 6000 of 6134 Posts