Harley Davidson Forums banner

6001 - 6020 of 6134 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
my condolences. stats are just stats. we will be the exceptions. :)
Don't let 'em get ya down. I have hearing loss & severe tinnitus. Got a 10% disability from the VA for it. There are so many other factors involved in dementia/Alzheimers, hearing loss is the least of my worries.

·
Registered
2020 Tri Glide
208 Posts
Would been nice day to ride here, but spent the day helping put together Thanksgiving boxes for less fortunate. Big turkey, cornbread dressing, green beans, Mack&cheese, bag potatoes, dinner rolls and gravy.....
Then delivering my share, enjoyed the thankful smiling faces....maybe riding all day takes backseat sometime....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Would been nice day to ride here, but spent the day helping put together Thanksgiving boxes for less fortunate. Big turkey, cornbread dressing, green beans, Mack&cheese, bag potatoes, dinner rolls and gravy.....
Then delivering my share, enjoyed the thankful smiling faces....maybe riding all day takes backseat sometime....
Yes it does, especially when it comes to helping others. What a big heart you have and many happy families will have dinner because of you and others like you. That sure is a rewarding feeling and a blessing.

·
Noel
9,119 Posts
Rode to club meeting this afternoon, left the house it was 59, I suited up with the electric gear just in case, did not need it going up, but it was very nice to have when I left northern mass in 42 degree weather, warmed up to 52 when I got nearer to home 60 miles south.

·
weird member
2,441 Posts
I've been bored lately, rode out to my brother's to start slowly dismantling the wrecked bike since it's not 10,000° outside.

I took pics before I started, none after, got nothing done. Got the front bolts for the shocks off, the swing arm bolts, was going to take the front end off but I didn't bring tools and my brother's tools are all messed up, so I couldn't get the circlip off to remove the front end. Got one of 4 bolts out for the transmission mount. I guess I got the rear brake caliper off, that's all I got done really, and the handlebars and handlebar risers. Oh and the oil tank.

I'm going to have to bring my own tools to get it apart looks like. Trying before it gets cold to pull the motor and transmission, basically get everything off of the frame so we can trash it and clear up some space in his shed.

IMG_20201122_143835487.jpg IMG_20201122_143842887.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
Shitty day! Took a ride out the 79, was beautiful up until the point our throttle cable snapped. Trued to fix it on the side of the road but couldnt.
Waited 5 hours for a tow, the guy tore our fender completely back when loading the bike.....super shitty day. At least we made it home in 1 piece.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Shitty day! Took a ride out the 79, was beautiful up until the point our throttle cable snapped. Trued to fix it on the side of the road but couldnt.
Waited 5 hours for a tow, the guy tore our fender completely back when loading the bike.....super shitty day. At least we made it home in 1 piece.
That just SUCKS! Glad to hear no injuries were sustained! It will get fixed, hopefully very soon!

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I've been bored lately, rode out to my brother's to start slowly dismantling the wrecked bike since it's not 10,000° outside.

I took pics before I started, none after, got nothing done. Got the front bolts for the shocks off, the swing arm bolts, was going to take the front end off but I didn't bring tools and my brother's tools are all messed up, so I couldn't get the circlip off to remove the front end. Got one of 4 bolts out for the transmission mount. I guess I got the rear brake caliper off, that's all I got done really, and the handlebars and handlebar risers. Oh and the oil tank.

I'm going to have to bring my own tools to get it apart looks like. Trying before it gets cold to pull the motor and transmission, basically get everything off of the frame so we can trash it and clear up some space in his shed.

View attachment 789947 View attachment 789948
It ALWAYS sucks working out of others tool boxes! Except mine.... "Where did i put the____+____?

·
American
27,312 Posts
Sorry to hear this, glad you are safe. Bike will be repaired!

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Sorry to hear you all had trouble but glad to hear you all got home OK finally.

But...., WTF is the deal of having to wait 5 hrs. for some jerk that doesn't know how to load a bike without damaging it? Do you all have a roadside assistance or towing plan already (HOG, AAA, AMA, etc.) or were you at the mercy of anyone you could get on the phone? That sucks.

·
Registered
510 Posts

But...., WTF is the deal of having to wait 5 hrs. for some jerk that doesn't know how to load a bike without damaging it? Do you all have a roadside assistance or towing plan already (HOG, AAA, AMA, etc.) or were you at the mercy of anyone you could get on the phone? That sucks.
That reminds me that I need to work on my back-up plan. I keep forgetting that both my Harley-Davidsons have tubes in the tires. I would love to ditch the tubes but wheels ain't cheap for these bikes.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Our insurance company offers Towing and we pay for but noone available up in the mountains where we were???
AAA would not send anyone out because we are not members. We ended up finding some local guy, he came with his truck and a pretty janky set up, he apparently is usually a Repo Man. Once we finally got the bike up on the truck bed, he was wenching it to pull it as snug as possible and totally bent up the fender. After waiting for so many hours I did not want to call another company knowing I had pretty much exhausted all the numbers I could find, was starting to get very cold up there as well. The hour-long drive home with brutal I was watching the bike it was leaning a bit. I think I was holding my breath most of the ride home. Then of course we had to call someone to come up and get us because we couldn't ride in his truck with the virus crap going on.
Once we got home we really examined the damage on the bike I told the guy you're responsible for this and you will be fixing this. I told him he has no business Towing anybody's vehicle with such carelessness all he could do was apologize at that point. Later I looked up his company online and he has an F rating on BBB and one star on Google / Yelp with six reviews all bad. Also lied to me about having a full flatbed truck for hauling the bike.
Good news is my insurance company is going to reimburse me the $300 we paid for this tow, now just got to install a new throttle cable.
Was going to post a picture to show you how Janky the setup was but husband said wait until we get this paid for.

6001 - 6020 of 6134 Posts