Harley Davidson Forums banner

6461 - 6480 of 6572 Posts

·
Noel
9,583 Posts
Went for a couple hour ride this afternoon in low 40 degree sunny weather, it was good to get out of the house for fresh air and clear the cob-webs off the bike and my brain.

Coming into the house, busted the zipper off my FXRG leather jacket, though it has a limited lifetime warranty, I misplaced the proof of purchase so not sure how successful I'll be getting the zipper replaced for "free", anyone had recent experiences with this?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Can't get my Relive app to copy the url.
Anyway, took a ride to Riverside Harley, to get a grip!

It was 65° and clear, leaving the barn.
Decided to take the Twisty way home. The temps climbed to 72°, leaving the dealership. 65 mile Blue Bird day on the way back!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Don't rub that weather in😒. Does the dealerships sell harley stickers emblems.
😄 🤣 😅 The weather here is just making up for late August and September when it was too hot to get out 110 -120.
Yes Riverside had a bunch of stickers and emblems. They had the large ones that fill a pickups back window too.
Let me know if you want me to pick some up for ya.

·
old scoot coot
4,099 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
😄 🤣 😅 The weather here is just making up for late August and September when it was too hot to get out 110 -120.
Yes Riverside had a bunch of stickers and emblems. They had the large ones that fill a pickups back window too.
Let me know if you want me to pick some up for ya.
I did a paint job on my helmet and got a bad spot in the back.😔... so I need cover it with a harley logo . I'll go to my local one instead of waiting weeks just for a sticker.
Receiving mail sucks but not them bills.

·
weird member
2,541 Posts
Day before yesterday I didn't ride because too much crap to do, got out yesterday briefly, was going to go out today but, it's 50° and raining, and my rainsuit won't fit over my heavy jacket.

I need to find some new roads to ride, lately, every time I go out, I get stuck behind morons and slow pokes and it's starting to get really irritating.

·
Former Lurker
3,142 Posts
Never did like white wall tires except for on the Deluxe. The one bike that truly deserves w/w's! (y) (of the newer bikes anyways) The w/w tires look great on the early bikes!
I had the wide whitewalls on a Road King Classic back in 05. Really looked good (when clean.) Bleach white cleaned them up right up, but it was a pain to get down and scrub them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Especially the rear tire.
You will need to jack the bike up to spin the tires a lot of time consuming BUT I would enjoy it just like when I'm cleaning and polishing all the chrome covers on the motor🙂.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
I had the wide whitewalls on a Road King Classic back in 05. Really looked good (when clean.) Bleach white cleaned them up right up, but it was a pain to get down and scrub them.
I put it up on a jack so I can spin the tires. just part of owning a 'classic'. I really like the look of this bike.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
Got some different grips in today for the Cat-Rat, '05 Sportster 1200C. The old ones were all jacked up and stupid looking so they had to go. Here are a couple pics before and after. I like these but what a PITA dealing with the throttle cables. The guy who designed the inside of that switch housing needs to be slapped. Hard. But it's all good now. Can't test ride yet cause rain and no front fender is not a good combo.

Before left.jpg

Before right.jpg

After left.jpg

After right.jpg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Got some different grips in today for the Cat-Rat, '05 Sportster 1200C. The old ones were all jacked up and stupid looking so they had to go. Here are a couple pics before and after. I like these but what a PITA dealing with the throttle cables. The guy who designed the inside of that switch housing needs to be slapped. Hard. But it's all good now. Can't test ride yet cause rain and no front fender is not a good combo.
Amen to that! It took me all of 15 minutes to put the extended signal switch buttons on my Ultra.. Easy-peasy! Took damn near all day to do the same job on the Sportster... Them friggin switch housings on that bike are ridiculous!

Once you ride with the extended signal switches, you'll never want to use the stock ones again! HUGE difference!

6461 - 6480 of 6572 Posts