Harley Davidson Forums banner

6481 - 6500 of 6575 Posts

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
Amen to that! It took me all of 15 minutes to put the extended signal switch buttons on my Ultra.. Easy-peasy! Took damn near all day to do the same job on the Sportster... Them friggin switch housings on that bike are ridiculous!

Once you ride with the extended signal switches, you'll never want to use the stock ones again! HUGE difference!
I almost ripped the turn signal wiring out of it since I have no turn signals anyway. I found myself swearing at my bike and I had to stop for a min and cool down. If we could manipulate gravity it would have helped lol. And for those who don't know, do NOT press the turn signal switch when you do not have working bulbs hooked up. The security system employs the turn signals and the red key will come on and stay on. Makes for an interesting thing on the side of the road trying to figure out how to clear it before you actually read up on how to clear it.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Former Lurker
3,143 Posts
Wife gave me a battery powered blower for my birthday (No bawdy comments please, got one of those too...) I have been talking about getting one to dry the bike with for awhile. I really hope this cuts down the wiping portion of a bike wash. My regular leaf blower is not clean enough for the bike. I really think this will make things easier. We'll see.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
That's what I use on mine, but different brand. Helps get water out of small places that are hard to reach. I really like the electric stuff. Battery technology is doing quite well.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
This is the Motorcycle blower dryer I bought a couple of years ago now , it is really powerful and blows away any water from out the way places that you would otherwise miss or just unable to get to .
Edit ,,,, I should also say this model also has the heat option so as it blows it also drys

·
weird member
2,541 Posts
I should be better about cleaning mine, but I just can't, too tedious. I wipe down the chrome with glass cleaner when it looks dirty or gets bugs, that's about it. I'd gladly pay one of you guys to give it a thorough cleaning, extra if you wear the bikini. 😜

·
Former Lurker
3,143 Posts
Anybody "Add" these 90.00 deflectors to their bike. I had them on my last few Limited's, but they are not part of the stock RGS. Don't know if the make $90.00 dollars difference. I am all for keeping the heat off... The front $45 ones did. Just looking for input if anyone has any/cares to share...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well, had rotator cuff surgery 12/28, saw doctor yesterday for his first post op appt. told me the tendon I tore was the worst one to do, and that rehab is slow for it. Smiling he said I should be riding again by Memorial weekend! Told him I expect to be riding 2 months earlier than that.

·
old scoot coot
4,099 Posts
Anybody "Add" these 90.00 deflectors to their bike. I had them on my last few Limited's, but they are not part of the stock RGS. Don't know if the make $90.00 dollars difference. I am all for keeping the heat off... The front $45 ones did. Just looking for input if anyone has any/cares to share...

View attachment 791423

View attachment 791423
crotch coolers, they came on my bikes. i thought they were std equipment on all touring bikes. they should be. my 2020 rkc didn't have them. if i would have known about them then i would have paid the 90.00 bucks, they are well worth it!

·
old scoot coot
4,099 Posts
tony and i rode down to mac's at skiatook for a sammich today. 154 miles. a bit chilly. 44 degrees leaving here and 56 coming home. i led on county twisties going down and tony took me east over to 169 east of collinsville coming home. i nice ride, good sammich and a good time was had by tony and tommy.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
I don't sit in traffic long so haven't needed them yet. The only time I felt any real heat was when I was auto tuning and the engine hit 300° F. Definitely felt the heat then at a light!

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,250 Posts
If you gave me a set of crotch coolers I would not put them on! Worthless and fugly.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I've seen these in a couple of different styles but these look exactly like the ones on my '16 RGU so I'm assuming the bike originally came with them on it. But I bought this bike used so I'm not 100% sure if they were OEM or if the PO added them. But I can tell you I DO NOT have a problem with heat, not even in slow or stopped traffic. Now the PO also got rid of the cats so that probably also helps me keep cool.

·
Former Lurker
3,143 Posts
They come standard on the limited and CVO. Did not come on my RG special. As hot as it get here, I will probably add them. just think that the stealership charges too much.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
They come standard on the limited and CVO. Did not come on my RG special. As hot as it get here, I will probably add them. just think that the stealership charges too much.
Harley-Davidson relies heavily on China for their manufacturing. Same place, different price. Don't know if your bike is one of these years, but they are many available on ebay for about every model. Even chrome ones.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
665 Posts
Has anyone used covers on their engine guards to help with the cold weather? Like the leather soft ones that snap to itself going over the guards? Or some other type thing. Getting ideas ahead of time. I also thought of making some out of aluminum and powder coating them but I think leather would look better.

·
old scoot coot
4,099 Posts
Has anyone used covers on their engine guards to help with the cold weather? Like the leather soft ones that snap to itself going over the guards? Or some other type thing. Getting ideas ahead of time. I also thought of making some out of aluminum and powder coating them but I think leather would look better.
yep rj i have two friends that use them every winter. they say it makes a big difference.

6481 - 6500 of 6575 Posts