Harley Davidson Forums banner

6881 - 6900 of 7022 Posts

·
Former Lurker
3,286 Posts
That plan of yours to get out of laundry detail isnt working. :(
Good morning all,
That was a very old recommendation of a friend of mine. When I was pretty young and first married, I did a couple of loads of clothes and Eff'ed them up by the numbers. Did not have to do laundry after that. I am on my second married almost 25 yrs and am still not allowed near the bleach.

·
Former Lurker
3,286 Posts
Another good one I did. My wife used to really like that stupid Effing show "Friends." I can't stand it. After a little while I told her that I was having erotic dreams about a 3-way with me, her and Jennifer Anniston. Have not had to watch one since.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
ha! i wondered when someone would put that together. just kidding. :)
have ya read the manual? I think its chapter one on page three----do not wash.

·
Registered
698 Posts
OK. I got the Road Glide out for a couple hours today. Temps were between 48-52. Roads were okay, with some spots with traction sand. Wish I could have gone down Valley Chapel Road, but it was just covered in traction sand and debris. Got to Latah, and took my usual pic of the bike on the little bridge over Hangman Creek.
View attachment 792158

This is an interesting spot. The guy that owns the farm in the next pic will stop when he's out on the tractor or in the truck and chat with me when he sees me on the bridge. Nice guy. We talk about how the farms are doing, politics, etc. Been doing this for several years now.

View attachment 792161
Wheres this at? Beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
you know me hermano. i only read directions as a last resort. i probably washed those the day after i got the phone anyway. :oops:
Some folks should be allowed to play with sharp objects--some folks should not use the wash facilities. Thanks agin, brother. I'd do anything for ya--but don't ask to borrow my phone.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. I'm glad that I don't stick my phone in a pocket, it sets in a tooled leather case on one hip that matches the holster that sits on the other hip with a PT-145 in it.

·
Former Lurker
3,286 Posts
Spoke to my local HD svc mgr. Says that the new painted fender is ready. I want to ride this weekend, so I will drop it off Tuesday after work and pick it up Wed after work. I plan to see how how well the part turned out using this local painter vs factory (MoCo does a damn fine paint job) before I let them install it. It will be nice to put this behind me. I will keep you posted.

·
old scoot coot
4,282 Posts
Some folks should be allowed to play with sharp objects--some folks should not use the wash facilities. Thanks agin, brother. I'd do anything for ya--but don't ask to borrow my phone.
i have to agree on that. with my record it's easy call. the phone tech doesn't even need to ask anymore, he knows what needs to be done. in my day phones were bolted to the wall, this just wasn't a problem back then.

·
old scoot coot
4,282 Posts
Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. I'm glad that I don't stick my phone in a pocket, it sets in a tooled leather case on one hip that matches the holster that sits on the other hip with a PT-145 in it.
now that sounds like a solution to my problem! i really like the looks of those. i have to use a shoulder rig for my colts. and on a trip i get tired of lugging one around all day. thanks mopar man. she will never notice a new gun. i'll just tell her i think i have the phone problem solved. i may forget and run a phone through the wash but no way am i going to run my piece through it!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
now that sounds like a solution to my problem! i really like the looks of those. i have to use a shoulder rig for my colts. and on a trip i get tired of lugging one around all day. thanks mopar man. she will never notice a new gun. i'll just tell her i think i have the phone problem solved. i may forget and run a phone through the wash but no way am i going to run my piece through it!
Hopefully not..

·
American
27,854 Posts
One leather holster fits comfortably behind the other on my right side! One is open carry, one is concealed.. .. for the most part.

·
weird member
2,634 Posts
Got my wheels back and just got done mounting them, all that's left is to install the belt guard.

When I checked the rear belt, it was right at 3/4" deflection and it's supposed to be 3/8-1/2", so she was pretty loose. I got that readjusted as well.

I think next time I need tires, I am just going to drop the bike off, I hate dealing with the rear wheel mounting, such a fn pita. But I usually do loose wheels and mount myself so that I can clean and repack the wheel bearings. The main issue with the rear wheel is that the muffler is right in the way of the axle. I need to figure out a thing where I can hook onto the rear fork/swing arm and use a ratchet strap to pull it up for clearance. I tried that this time but there was almost nowhere I could hook to that wasn't in the way, and when I finally got the strap in place, all I ended up doing was crushing the seat, felt like I was going to break something before I even got any movement on the swingarm. But I don't want to take the muffler off because the clamp pretty much is spent if you take it off, just won't re-clamp right without leaking.

I need to get a floor jack that I can use to push up on the swingarm from underneath.

6881 - 6900 of 7022 Posts