Harley Davidson Forums banner

6901 - 6920 of 6927 Posts

·
weird member
2,617 Posts
I just flip the axle around so that it slides out to the left.
I thought about that too, and I just might do that next time. There's enough space between the muffler and the axle that I can get the torque wrench in there without a problem. It's not like the axle is directional or anything.

Reactions: RJ64 and Kainam

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
My heart goes out to all who are stuck in the surprise deep freeze!

Today around noonish, Eric stopped by and wanted to take a ride. We made a stop at Chopper Gallery in Temecula, he finally bought that leather riding jacket that he's been eyeing for. We were thinking about heading out 78 / 79 towards Julien but, my gut got acting up. I didn't want to take that chance... So returned to the house. Then Lisa decided to take her Sporty out for the first time since the wrist surgery. (Halloween). She rode around the neighborhood for a couple laps. Then a backroads route (50 mph) run out to the Outlet Center and back. Just a 1/2 hour or so of putting around but, it did wonders for her mental state! The plan is to go for a short ride tomorrow... Well, i guess i gotta give her Sporty back to her... Glad she's still wanting to get out there!

Edit: Forgot to mention, while at CG, i got a quote for a Recluse clutch for her Sporty, $850.00 Sure hope her wrist can handle the clutch! But if not, we will be ordering in that clutch and a couple of specialty tools for the job...

·
Registered
5,696 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
My brother-in-law is a master saddlesmith, and made the phone case and holster a couple of years ago when I was out his way (Valle, AZ.) just south of the Grand Canyon. Both are pigskin lined, good retention and easy pull when you want it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
We went out for a long way around 40 mile ride. I followed along behind my wife (Lisa), while she rode her Sporty to Tom's Farm and back. Via the frontage roads, then we took a lap around Lake Elsinore to the house. She was nervous and her hand is sore from the clutch. (Still over-gripping the bars too). Other wise she did well. We got up to 60 mph here n' there. The weather was a perfect 72*. Now both bikes are cooling off, before being barned for the night.

So Cal, has its political B.S. to the extreme! But this time of year the weather is a Bikers dream. There were tons and tons of two wheeled company on the roads today.

·
weird member
2,617 Posts
I didn't do much today. Went out to a parking lot and did a few tight-ish circles in either direction, then road up to the mall. There's an access road around the mall that's got a speed limit of 20 and some varying curves, but being Sunday it was pretty dead and I rode around it in once in both directions, just trying to scrub in the tires a bit, gradually working toward the edge. Then road around town a little, total maybe 25 miles. Still got some more scrubbing in to go. Just in time for great riding weather all week.

Tomorrow I am going to ride out down the highway to my favorite watering hole, though it's mostly a straight shot. I have a dentist appointment Wednesday that's about 45 minutes away, also mostly straight.
IMG_20210221_201128479.jpg Screenshot_20210221-201516.png

·
Registered
299 Posts
Finishing the rewiring of the sound system took out all CCWiring and did OFC WIRING and improved quick disconnects. Wipe her down and maybe 1day this week take her out for some air.
One note: If you do the 95-HDIF inner fairing you won't be able to mount amps on top of the radio since the radio sits up closer to the outer fairing.
Unless it's a pocket size amp.

·
Former Lurker
3,269 Posts
Got out to ride both Saturday and Sunday. Did about 120m on sat and 75m on Sunday. It was upper 30s when we started both days. Ended up in the low 40s. Sun was out both days. We have had a ton of rain and clouds the past month. Had a couple of good meals, my riding buddy's wife was on her sporty. She started riding this past spring and is doing pretty good.
It was a nice couple of days..

·
Indian Larry
9,058 Posts
Rode the KLR Sunday through the muck and more!! Looking for a dirt road route from Greenville to Sherman. Got a flat in BlueRidge and had to call for a little help to get home. Rode the Ultra to work today. 30°, it’ll be perfect riding home!!

·
Registered
Mr. James
893 Posts
Finally got to putting on the new upper front brake line. Apparently not all companies measure the length the same way. I wanted +4" and it seems like I got way more than that. Had to route the line around the riser to take up some of the length so it won't be stupid looking. Did the reverse bleeding procedure to keep air out of the ABS unit which will cause problems and a trip to the dealer for their expensive bleeding procedure. Test ride was good and brakes are fine. "Accidentally" went by a dealer and saw a RK with the same paint job I have, but nowhere near as clean. Why do dealers not even wash used bikes before they put them out for sale? That is just lazy and wrong. They gonna try to charge you a prep fee but my idea of prep is different, it would seem. Anyway, rain today and MRI at the VA so riding is out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Rolled her outside to get some sun.
And got the emblem in the mail today to complete the rainfall horn cover ,getting a ride in tomorrow 🥳🥳🥳 I said I wasn't going to wash her tonight since she will have salt dust on her before I get to the stop sign BUT couldn't resist.

45 minutes of pleasure 😀.

·
weird member
2,617 Posts
Well, only a brief ride today because the plumber was supposed to be here at 2:30 to replace the garbage disposal (it's 4:18 now, still not a word from them). So while waiting, I went through and cleaned all the chrome, fenders and tanks... then applied a coat of wax for the first time in 2 years to the fenders and tanks. Wasn't a thorough cleaning of the whole bike or anything, because I am lazy, just most of the chrome and the painted bits getting wax. I didn't even do the whole rear fender, just the little bit behind the sissybar.

I'm also currently cleaning and conditioning the leather seats, and that's all I'm going to do.

She looks good all cleaned up and with a coat of wax. I ought to do this more often...
IMG_20210223_170116657.jpg IMG_20210223_170329554.jpg IMG_20210223_170300391.jpg

·
Registered
Mr. James
893 Posts
Took Cat-Rat out for a spin and stopped by a dealer to see about putting Heritage bars on Daisy. It was very nice out. Almost 70° yea!
20210223_172959.jpg

·
Registered
299 Posts
What a good day😃 Tuesday loaded up some tools in the back pack to take a gas pipe apart at a house then afterwards did some Highway riding then ended up at the spot to show off the fairing/sony ax 7000 I installed and the compliments on the sounds system, especially
While watching music videos on
The sony.

6901 - 6920 of 6927 Posts