Harley Davidson Forums banner

7461 - 7480 of 7523 Posts

·
Registered
41,130 Posts
Just got back from spending a few days breaking in the bike at Tommy's

Had some good catfish and some pies and cakes at an Amish buffet place in Chouteau Oklahoma.
They had meatloaf on the menu too, but we both agreed, the catfish was the winner.

By the time Mickey joined us the next day, the bike was already officially broken in.

Couldn't have planned it much better to get it ready for the 1000 mile service.
Shop is closed tomorrow, I'll have to give them a call on Tuesday.

844 miles over the April Fool's Day weekend.

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
Took the SGS out for a spin late afternoon once Easter dinner settled in my belly, Mediterranean Salmon grilled over salad and strawberry shortcake.

New pegs were very comfortable, look forward to using them on longer hauls when looking to change up foot and leg positioning, I should have gotten these right after buying the bike!!

·
Former Lurker
3,373 Posts
From what i've read, they are a real joy to install also.. Please offer up your experience with this install.
I installed these Saturday. Only took about 20 minutes and 2 beers. I took off the seat, side covers and bags. I watched a Youtube video and saw a couple of things that made it easier. The first was that you do NOT want to torque the lower expansion nut to the 60lbs it says in the instructions. The video showed the guy doing it it as to "pretty tight" without getting nuts about. That is what I did and it seems to be good and secure w\out stripping it. The secod thing in the vid was to use an already threaded hole in the same area they wanted me to install a "Clip nut." It was a little tight to get a wrench in to tighten things up, but it went pretty quick. They hide a lot of bare space and wires, so it looks better and all of the reviews say it really helps with the heat. Did Easter with the family and hope to ride to work tomorrow. We'll see. Sorry, no pic.

·
Former Lurker
3,373 Posts
Highway Pegs Installed, got one at slightly different angle and height to compare comfort when I test ride them on Sunday, Happy Easter Folks, and second birthday to the 2019 SGS.

View attachment 794064

View attachment 794065
Those are the pegs I put on my RGS. I used the mounts that pull back though. I like that I can keep my heels on the boards and get some support from the pegs as well as full peg use.
They look good!! (Yours and mine.)

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
Took a quick ride out to Kramer Junction. Just to share the road with my son, riding down from Clovis CA. This morning. My Odo recorded 243.4 miles. While the Relieve app recorded 234.6 miles. (a 9 mile difference) I think my spedo is indicating about 4 mph faster than i am traveling.

The weather was a cool 60* leaving the barn. Just perfect for a leather jacket. By the time i got to Kramer Jct. it was 77*. Time to trade the Jacket for the vest on the way back, where the temps maxed out at 80* Nice run! It was very relaxing to ride with a much more experienced rider, for a change!

The whole run i got maybe 10 or 12 bug impacts. I opened up the helmet exiting the freeway and a friggin bee smacked dead center of my right lenz. Thank God, i was wearing the sunglasses!
Not 5 minutes after we pulled in the driveway. A dump-truck shows up two doors up the street and dumped a load of pea gravel in the neighbors drive. The nice breeze was blowing straight to the house. This caused the entire cloud of dust to head straight over the bikes to drop! :mad: The bikes were looking all shiny a moment before! Then this $hiite for brains truck driver, missed the pickup parked across the street by the thickness of the paint while pulling out. He was in a hurry! John and i were standing next to the bikes as the cloud of dirt fell on us. (If looks could kill) He prolly thought he was about to have a three sided conversation..:unsure: John stands at 6'8" @ 240-250#. With a bright red beard to the middle of his chest. The truck driver obviously did not want to play.
my friend ron used to be a suzuki dealer. he said harleys are set up to read 5mph fast on the speedo so they could run 100mph. ha!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I didn't ride Saturday up to St. Charles Harley Davidson to volunteer at the Hot Dog Hut for a few hours with the wife. After we finished there, I didn't ride the bike to Fritz's for some frozen custard and then home to start getting ready for Easter with the kids and grandkids.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I didn't ride Saturday up to St. Charles Harley Davidson to volunteer at the Hot Dog Hut for a few hours with the wife. After we finished there, I didn't ride the bike to Fritz's for some frozen custard and then home to start getting ready for Easter with the kids and grandkids.
Why not? :unsure:

·
weird member
2,774 Posts
I decided, after seeing a few of them pop up, to try that Relive app. I think this will be the only time I use it... seemed to have a hard time finding GPS signal even though no other GPS app had a problem, so it only ended up recording my trip up until I got to the coffee shop, where I paused it. Came back out after my coffee and resumed it, stood in the parking lot for 10 minutes walking around trying to get it to pick up GPS signal and it never would, said f** it and left. From there, road the back way to the local Harley dealer, then to the Publix around the corner from my house, then home and in all that time (30-40 minutes), not once did it find a GPS signal (battery saver was off and everything). Even tried turning GPS off and back on, still nothing. Google Pixel 4a 5g with everything updated (Android 11).

Again, all the times it couldn't find a GPS signal (leaving the coffee place outside in the parking lot, at the Harley dealer, at the Publix and back at my house), everything else (Google Maps, Bubbler, etc) had no issues finding GPS. No way am I walking around a parking lot for 10 minutes for it to still not pick up a GPS signal. Next time I am out riding like this, I need to test Bubbler + Spotwalla (I'm seeing what's the best option for when I try that SS1000 run later this year as a kind of addition to my DBRs).

So I guess enjoy the only ReLive video I'll ever make:

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
ok mopar man. that's your story and we're sticking to it!

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
Just got back from spending a few days breaking in the bike at Tommy's

Had some good catfish and some pies and cakes at an Amish buffet place in Chouteau Oklahoma.
They had meatloaf on the menu too, but we both agreed, the catfish was the winner.

View attachment 794125

By the time Mickey joined us the next day, the bike was already officially broken in.

View attachment 794126

Couldn't have planned it much better to get it ready for the 1000 mile service.
Shop is closed tomorrow, I'll have to give them a call on Tuesday.

View attachment 794124

844 miles over the April Fool's Day weekend.
nice hermano, we do good work.:cool:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I decided, after seeing a few of them pop up, to try that Relive app. I think this will be the only time I use it... seemed to have a hard time finding GPS signal even though no other GPS app had a problem, so it only ended up recording my trip up until I got to the coffee shop, where I paused it. Came back out after my coffee and resumed it, stood in the parking lot for 10 minutes walking around trying to get it to pick up GPS signal and it never would, said f** it and left. From there, road the back way to the local Harley dealer, then to the Publix around the corner from my house, then home and in all that time (30-40 minutes), not once did it find a GPS signal (battery saver was off and everything). Even tried turning GPS off and back on, still nothing. Google Pixel 4a 5g with everything updated (Android 11).

Again, all the times it couldn't find a GPS signal (leaving the coffee place outside in the parking lot, at the Harley dealer, at the Publix and back at my house), everything else (Google Maps, Bubbler, etc) had no issues finding GPS. No way am I walking around a parking lot for 10 minutes for it to still not pick up a GPS signal. Next time I am out riding like this, I need to test Bubbler + Spotwalla (I'm seeing what's the best option for when I try that SS1000 run later this year as a kind of addition to my DBRs).

So I guess enjoy the only ReLive video I'll ever make:
Sorry to hear that app gave you a hard time! It seems to work on this end of the country. Whenever i remember to turn it on anyways.

·
old scoot coot
4,451 Posts
tony, gary, mickey and i had a nice ride today. i was in the lead today. a severe clear sunny warm day. 64 degrees leaving and 79 returning. 169 miles of bliss. we rode a loop down hwy 169 to t town. we ate at black bear resturant, by far the best breakfast i have ever eaten, yum. then we rode north and west to skiatook. then north on #11 with good twisties all the way to big heart(boyhood home of clark gable). then hwy 123 north by woolorock to bartlesville. we saw maybe two hundred head of mustangs, several heards running single file in a straight line for the fun of it on the osage reservation. came into the s.w. corner of bartlesville, i circumnavigated it and dewey by going north on sunset by the airport and county roads around to hwy75 north of dewey. then went north on 75 to cr300 to go through the country also aroud caney west and then north to tyro. then east on into goofyville. the mustangs had a great run and we had a great lunch and ride. hasta.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Bel ray primary oil,its red like trans fluid and will be pissed if it is trans fluid since I can get that much cheaper.
Gotta love paying for that logo!.....Seriously: I have no idea, just funnin.

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
UPS showed a day early with race parts, new gauge for air shift bottle and engine kill module for the electric over air shift system, seems these modules STB frequently and mine was acting funny last fall, hope this does the trick!

Still waiting on race fuel to come in.

7461 - 7480 of 7523 Posts