Harley Davidson Forums banner

7721 - 7740 of 7862 Posts

·
weird member
2,877 Posts
Went for my daily ride and noticed a lot more bikes out than usual and I thought, "weird, must be a poker run or something". Come to find out, Thunder Beach started yesterday. Never really was interested in going to that kind of rally, decided to look at their schedule of events... AC/DC tribute band, Kid Rock tribute band, several small time Southern butt-rock bands.

Yeah, definitely not interested.

Odd though, I don't see any other staples of that rally like stunt shows or "best of baggers" (AKA "100 of the exact same big wheel bagger just in different paint") on the schedule.

There will probably be a bunch of bikes passing through town tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Installed a set of Rinehart DBX40 slip-ons. Wanted a little bit more sound than stock. Even with cat in head-pipe, sounds good at idle and cruising down the road.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
pretty good day trip today. mickey, robert, tony, gary and i rode out to howard to toots for lunch. then went downtown to hardware store so mickey could see the huge stock of guns they have. we took the twisties through the flint hills over then north up 99 to 400 then east to 54 and north and east into yates center. then south on 75 through buffalo, altoona, and neodesha then back south to indy and on home to goofyville. 204 mile cruise in the sun. 79 this afternoon. we shed the jackets when we left howard and soaked up the sun. a good lunch and ride. a good time was had by mickey, robert, tony, gary and tommy. no one can ride tomorrow but mickey wants to go to the bike show and rally over at girard, ks this weekend. no plan for tomorrow just to have happy fun time solo on fury and in the tail dragger. been thrashing flash for over a month so fury is back up. have some fun and be some happy motorsickle masters. that's one of our jobs and we like to do it well!

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
Did some much needed back road going nowhere cruising yesterday. Ended up in SC next to some small town that I can't even remember the name of, but they had an old cemetery that I stopped at to have a look see. Some graves from the early 1800s, most of them were just barely still readable, but there they were. Just on the side of a road with nothing around. Interesting stuff like that is intriguing to me. Was windy out but, eh, nothing stops me when I want to do it.

·
Noel
10,228 Posts
Did some much needed back road going nowhere cruising yesterday. Ended up in SC next to some small town that I can't even remember the name of, but they had an old cemetery that I stopped at to have a look see.
If you use Google maps with the location history on, go to the map application, click on your account avatar, select "Your Timeline", change TODAY to yesterday or any specific day, and it will show you map tracks with nearest locations that you stopped at or passed by.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
If you use Google maps with the location history on, go to the map application, click on your account avatar, select "Your Timeline", change TODAY to yesterday or any specific day, and it will show you map tracks with nearest locations that you stopped at or passed by.
I used to have that turned on years ago, but the ex-wife was always accusing me of going places to meet women so I turned that off so she would shut the hell up. Note I said EX wife. Guess I can turn that back on now since it's been almost a year since I been free!! haha

·
Registered
914 Posts
I guess so, don't remember having an issue with bugs on the front of the tank on the Ultra, will have to look and see on the Roadglide, as I have more pollen than bugs on the bike right now.

·
weird member
2,877 Posts
It's been heavily overcast the last few days, which is great, because it's hot enough as is.

Measured that catch can... ≈1.459" diameter. Took forever but I found some 1.4" ID o-rings and some that were 37mm, ordered them. Trying to find o-rings was way harder than it should be... nowhere had a way to sort by size, and too many results kept pointing towards those rubber rings for your finger. Like no, I am specifically looking for a rubber o-ring, not a ring for your finger, and I am looking for this specific size. Finally got a list of o-rings and had to hunt because it just ended up returning all different sizes.

Starting to get tired of technology trying to be smarter than me and thinking I mean something other than what I said. "Did you mean ?" or "we included __ in your results" or "you might be looking for __". Like mf, I know what I said, and that's not what I said, yes I really did mean what I put, stop trying to guess what you think I mean you stupid fn computer. :mad:

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
weird member
2,877 Posts
It's been heavily overcast the last few days, which is great, because it's hot enough as is.

Measured that catch can... ≈1.459" diameter. Took forever but I found some 1.4" ID o-rings and some that were 37mm, ordered them. Trying to find o-rings was way harder than it should be... nowhere had a way to sort by size, and too many results kept pointing towards those rubber rings for your finger. Like no, I am specifically looking for a rubber o-ring, not a ring for your finger, and I am looking for this specific size. Finally got a list of o-rings and had to hunt because it just ended up returning all different sizes.

Starting to get tired of technology trying to be smarter than me and thinking I mean something other than what I said. "Did you mean ?" or "we included __ in your results" or "you might be looking for __". Like mf, I know what I said, and that's not what I said, yes I really did mean what I put, stop trying to guess what you think I mean you stupid fn computer. :mad:
Look at that, another example of technology not doing what I told it.

I wanted to make a BLANK_SPACE and it changes it to some weird bolding crap. No, I wanted several underscores as a blank space, if I wanted bold text, I would have highlighted it and hit bold or hit the bold button. 🤬

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I feel your pain Kyle! Damn artificial intelligence they write into the programs is artificial all right! It seems every search returns every possibility of chit possible thats non related. As if they are trying to bait and switch or up sale. It took me three evenings searching that damn amazon site to find straight flute extractors. Then when i finally find what i'm looking for and ordered it..Now It has to show me every variant ever made, by every misspelled tofu manufacturer in china. Like i am going to order another $100 (American Made) screw extractor set! I bet you will be seeing "O-ring" advertisements for the next month and beyond.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
I guess so, don't remember having an issue with bugs on the front of the tank on the Ultra, will have to look and see on the Roadglide, as I have more pollen than bugs on the bike right now.
did you have a dog dish on the ultra? cause if you did i'm buying two. if you didn't have i think you would remember vast amounts of bugs on the front of tank. :p

·
Noel
10,228 Posts
Prepared the Destroyer for double header race weekend, will be at New England Dragway (NED) Saturday and Sunday, hope I run consistent numbers and go a few rounds of eliminations.

Picked up a new set of Sedici race gloves with all the protective bit's on the palm, knuckles and fingers, required by NHRA tech these past several years

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
I was thinking about taking one or two of my bikes to the drag-strip just to see what they can do. I used to race cars in the 90s but man can that get expensive fast!

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
broke out fury yesterday rode over to dearing for lunch at jo's place. she has smothered steak the fifth friday in months that have five. good ole gravy like gramma used to make. yum. rode up to indy to see phil. then around and south to cfv airport. fury running crisp. had some good dog fights with john rau then went off to buzz friends in the area a good fly day. yesterday eve i got ready to leave and the bike would not light up. battery is 3 years old and i bought it in a small missouri town when on the road and had a battery failure. it could have sat on the shelf for a couple of years before i bought it. he had to do a quick charge to it before i left so..... anyway i had to give it a jump with my insta boost pack. one strike and you are out so i rode it home and went back to town and got a new battery from oriely's. that and the one i put in flash a year ago were fresh on install so we will see. another beautiful day, a good time was had by terry, john, roger and tommy at the airport and fury is running crisp and race ready again.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
broke out fury yesterday rode over to dearing for lunch at jo's place. she has smothered steak the fifth friday in months that have five. good ole gravy like gramma used to make. yum. rode up to indy to see phil. then around and south to cfv airport. fury running crisp. had some good dog fights with john rau then went off to buzz friends in the area a good fly day. yesterday eve i got ready to leave and the bike would not light up. battery is 3 years old and i bought it in a small missouri town when on the road and had a battery failure. it could have sat on the shelf for a couple of years before i bought it. he had to do a quick charge to it before i left so..... anyway i had to give it a jump with my insta boost pack. one strike and you are out so i rode it home and went back to town and got a new battery from oriely's. that and the one i put in flash a year ago were fresh on install so we will see. another beautiful day, a good time was had by terry, john, roger and tommy at the airport and fury is running crisp and race ready again.
I love those little jump start battery pack things. I jumped a lady's van at church that sat with the lights on for 4 hours and that thing fired up like it had a new battery in it. We were all amazed.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
I love those little jump start battery pack things. I jumped a lady's van at church that sat with the lights on for 4 hours and that thing fired up like it had a new battery in it. We were all amazed.
i know yesterday was the first time i had actually started my bike with it. i'd done my truck and plane once with it though. i also use it hooked to a 110v inverter to air up my matteress when camping. it has a 110v to 15v to charge it from a wall outlet. here is a question for you guys. if i run it down after a couple nights of airing up mattresses with it can i put it into the outlet in the tour pac to chg it on the fly. the inlet for charging the pack is marked 15v my bike alternators put out 14.2v would that be sufficient to charge the pack on the fly?

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
i know yesterday was the first time i had actually started my bike with it. i'd done my truck and plane once with it though. i also use it hooked to a 110v inverter to air up my matteress when camping. it has a 110v to 15v to charge it from a wall outlet. here is a question for you guys. if i run it down after a couple nights of airing up mattresses with it can i put it into the outlet in the tour pac to chg it on the fly. the inlet for charging the pack is marked 15v my bike alternators put out 14.2v would that be sufficient to charge the pack on the fly?
One of mine is a 15v input also and I have charged it in the car no problem.

7721 - 7740 of 7862 Posts