Harley Davidson Forums banner

7741 - 7760 of 7862 Posts

·
Registered
41,390 Posts
I love those little jump start battery pack things. I jumped a lady's van at church that sat with the lights on for 4 hours and that thing fired up like it had a new battery in it. We were all amazed.
I might have to get me one of those things.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
I might have to get me one of those things.
Get one with a Polymer Ion battery instead of Lithium Ion. Cost a little more but worth it. Look up the difference on them since that would be easier than me trying to explain it.

Reactions: JTJ and Kainam

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
another funtime solo day. i rode fury down through bartlesville to pick up the caliper cover for it. then on down to collinsville and back up 169 to airport. did some more flying today also up to a friends grass strip and some hedge hoppin and turkey chasin. 136 miles on fury's clock. another fun day. just in time. three more days of rain coming up. i hope y'all are having a fun weekend.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Turned the bike back into her 2 up config since the pollen died down and my wife and I blasted down to Jekyll Island for lunch at Tortuga Jacks. Rode around the island after lunch and then home. 194 miles in PERFECT weather. Spring has been really good to us in the SE Georgia area this year.
I'm with Tommy, hope you all are having a fun weekend!

·
Registered
156 Posts
First “real” ride in 2 weeks after snow and travel. Took the Cincinnati-Columbus road out past Dayton. Considered stopping at the Air Force museum, but headed to Yellow Springs instead. Neat town, tons of traffic, parking was a struggle. Reminded me a little of Sedona w/ all the shops/artsie stuff, but with mid-West flavor, and no mountains, or reddish-purple rocks, or 110 degree temps.... Stopped at Dino’s Cappuccinos for a nice frothy one and a muffin, then headed back to the Natti. Saw more bikes than cars between Yellow Springs and Waynesville. 124 miles and a nice sun burn on my face - felt good. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here’s a random picture of a train station w/ no bike pose because it was on the pedestrian/bicycle trail.

·
Former Lurker
3,460 Posts
Good day,
Fell off a ladder late Thursday, missed the last step and went down pretty hard. Was seriously afraid that I broke something. Breaking my hip would have really made me feel old... Luckily, I was just really sore and bruised up. Was feeling better and got out for a 180 mile ride yesterday. Went with my main riding buddy and his wife. She was on her new Sport Glide w\ a new Stage 1 , V&H 2into1 and a tuner. Damn thing is fast... Had a good time. Starting to get hot out.
Still waiting to hear from the dealer about my tires... May have to stop riding her if they don't show up... Rear is getting thin...

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
Good day,
Fell off a ladder late Thursday, missed the last step and went down pretty hard. Was seriously afraid that I broke something. Breaking my hip would have really made me feel old... Luckily, I was just really sore and bruised up. Was feeling better and got out for a 180 mile ride yesterday. Went with my main riding buddy and his wife. She was on her new Sport Glide w\ a new Stage 1 , V&H 2into1 and a tuner. Damn thing is fast... Had a good time. Starting to get hot out.
Still waiting to hear from the dealer about my tires... May have to stop riding her if they don't show up... Rear is getting thin...
those radials are tough. in a pinch you can run them till you see cord. `

·
Registered
2006 Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Houston, Texas
115 Posts
Went on a nice 10 hour, 500 mile ride yesterday, here's the Relive:

Here's the video of ride yesterday. Warning: it's long. Didn't realize it was that long. You can fast forward the part that says "on other side of San Antonio, rest isn't too bad. I wanted to look at my new land after 3.5 inches of rain in the previous 24 hours, I was pleased. The land isn't much to look at now, but hopefully over the next few months I can get my improvements done.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
mickey, tony, gary and i rode over to joplin for lunch today. they wanted me to lead so i took them on the north route through mound valley, altomont, oswego, columbus, and carls junction on 160 into missouri then lettered roads to the north end of joplin to woody's bbq. i changed it up some today and had a baked potato with butter and chopped meat( brisket and pulled pork). a potato is a vegetable, right? anyway yum. then south into joplin on main to 7th street and west out through galena and some lettered roads over to hwy69 north of rainbow bridge and baxter springs. south to baxter and west over through melrose on into chetopa and on west through bartlett, edna, on into goofeyville. 174 miles. a great ride, lunch, fury running crisp and the front progressives are sublime. flash is getting a set on the front this winter. they make fury ride and handle like a dream come true. a good ride, lunch and a good time was had by mickey, tony, gary and tommy on a pretty, after all, 82 degree afternoon. rain tomorrow. glad we gave it a shot today.

·
Registered
41,390 Posts
I loved those monotube on my NightTrain. :nod

Ordered a new seat for my LowRider. Ordered a C&C, same company that makes Whiplash Speed Co. Should come in just in time for ES. Currently at 2-4 week lead time for production.

Saddle bags should be in this week or next.

Hopefully the last of the stuff for my motor work comes in this week so I can get it in the shop and get that done.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
Decided to ride to work even with the threat of rain this afternoon. I like living on the edge! lol Otherwise nothing exciting going on here.

Reactions: JTJ

·
Former Lurker
3,460 Posts
Decided to ride to work even with the threat of rain this afternoon. I like living on the edge! lol Otherwise nothing exciting going on here.
I pussed out and took the truck. The 90 degree part of the forecast may have influenced me as well... Today (4th) is one of the days the local dealer said my tires may ship. Hope I hear from them today.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
Maybe one we will meet up and ride

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,199 Posts
Thinking about this...

·
Registered
41,390 Posts
TwinCam LowRider S also came with the 110.

7741 - 7760 of 7862 Posts