Harley Davidson Forums banner

8101 - 8120 of 8280 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the six pack rack, which connects to my sissy bar, without removing sissy bar. I don't really want to replace the sissy bar but I think it came as a package deal. Any ideas? We bought the bike with the six pack rack on it and never took it off because I'm thinking I have to replace the whole deal.hoping these pics will help.

·
weird member
2,982 Posts
Well, my side-of-the-road makeshift rain cap sort of worked, but not perfectly. You can see the water emulsified oil in the fins of it. However, the makeshift wasn't the best fitting or anything.

That said, it did help a lot. Oil didn't splatter everywhere, and it seemed to take a much, much longer time before the can became overrun. I'll make a better rain cap, more professional looking for sure.

PXL_20210607_182502844.jpg

·
Registered
948 Posts
And that bike sounded so good Friday and Saturday! Had a great time with you guys over the weekend, glad the wife wasn't along Saturday or I'd never been able to make a lot of those passes. Brian, hope you get the bike figured out quickly, and watch out for Tommy trying to get you to shave off some of that header!

·
Registered
41,731 Posts
And that bike sounded so good Friday and Saturday! Had a great time with you guys over the weekend, glad the wife wasn't along Saturday or I'd never been able to make a lot of those passes. Brian, hope you get the bike figured out quickly, and watch out for Tommy trying to get you to shave off some of that header!

Did you shave off any from your floor boards?

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
glad ya had fun larry, i did too. yea brian's low was pulling great till we left. he good feel it loosing power on the way to rogers when we left. by the time we got to south of joplin it barely pulled the hill before we took exit. sounds like ya threw a bucket of bolts in the clothes dryer and started them rotating. they really need to send him a new crate engine. come back and see us again next year. we enjoyed omega and your company as well! and yep we did have a great ride saturday. we got a plan for a better one next year. you two have fun and be happy. 😎

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
if omega was with you we wouldn't have been going at that pace. :)

·
Registered
41,731 Posts
What I cant figure out is where this oil came from.

There was a lot more there when we got pulled over, and before I wiped it with my finger and got it trailered home.

There arent any holes behind the fake timer cover for the oil to come from in M8 and TC bikes.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the six pack rack, which connects to my sissy bar, without removing sissy bar. I don't really want to replace the sissy bar but I think it came as a package deal. Any ideas? We bought the bike with the six pack rack on it and never took it off because I'm thinking I have to replace the whole deal.hoping these pics will help.
View attachment 796262 View attachment 796263
Honestly, the judging strictly from the pictures, one can't tell if the 6 pack is held on by the sissy bar or vice versa. Really the only way to find the answer is to remove both from the bike. To get a full understanding of how it's mounted up.
I wish i had a better answer for ya.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
Honestly, the judging strictly from the pictures, one can't tell if the 6 pack is held on by the sissy bar or vice versa. Really the only way to find the answer is to remove both from the bike. To get a full understanding of how it's mounted up.
View attachment 796262 View attachment 796263
looks integral. you could torch is off and die grind the cuts to try to smooth and polish but it would still look like a hack job. i'd shop for one on ebay w/o rack and put the one on you need. on an overnight or longer run the rack would be nice.

·
weird member
2,982 Posts
I had considered starting to clean up the bike today, but I been so busy with catch-up that I didn't get to it.

I have, however, basically completed making my packet for my IB ride. I just need to scan it all in to the computer and e-mail it to them. Best I can tell, the ride was 1,027 miles and my odometer was reading slightly less at 1,018. It should probably get approved.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
looks integral. you could torch it off and die grind to smooth but it would always look like a hack job. i'd look for another one on ebay with no rack and save that one to use on overnight or longer trips.

·
old scoot coot
4,765 Posts
What I cant figure out is where this oil came from.

There was a lot more there when we got pulled over, and before I wiped it with my finger and got it trailered home.

There arent any holes behind the fake timer cover for the oil to come from in M8 and TC bikes.

View attachment 796271

View attachment 796272
the lower camchest is flooded with pressure oil from lifter bores to be scavenged away by the pump. it's not likely to get deep enough to seep out lower side of the fake timer cover. if it were that deep the pump was shot.

8101 - 8120 of 8280 Posts