Harley Davidson Forums banner
8461 - 8480 of 8587 Posts

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
Glad to hear that your bike is back! Now, are you trying to give yourself and the rest of the forum Heart Attacks? Showing the first picture with those vertical lines in the cylinder walls? Daum Man, what magnification is that?
looks like the rings are seating nicely. cool, we will get to watch an engine brake in and run in, from the inside. that is so cool! :p

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
173 Posts
looks like the rings are seating nicely. cool, we will get to watch an engine brake in and run in, from the inside. that is so cool! :p
I like that as well, be interesting to see the cylinders after break in, nice tool! Did do whole engine or top end?

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
Glad to hear that your bike is back! Now, are you trying to give yourself and the rest of the forum Heart Attacks? Showing the first picture with those vertical lines in the cylinder walls? Daum Man, what magnification is that?
1x

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
One? One can't get an eyeball that close to it to be one. The head gasket looks to be 1/4+" thick on the picture, on the laptop screen.

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
One? One can't get an eyeball that close to it to be one. The head gasket looks to be 1/4+" thick on the picture, on the laptop screen.
Camera was probably 2" or so away. Pic was taken right inside the left spark plug hole.

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
I like that as well, be interesting to see the cylinders after break in, nice tool! Did do whole engine or top end?
Whole engine was replaced, twice. This is the 3rd build.

Reactions: JTJ and OZman

·
weird member
3,055 Posts
Whole engine was replaced, twice. This is the 3rd build.
Hopefully "third time's the charm".

Also, what bore scope did you use for those pics?

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
42,152 Posts
Hopefully "third time's the charm".

Also, what bore scope did you use for those pics?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Poured rain today so I started my Sturgis prep. Got her washed before church and dug into waxing after. What a loving waste of time! 7 hours of wash and wax everything painted or chrome. Not to bad for 7 years old and 72000 miles. Probably rain the first day now🙄. I even did the damn rear wheel which you can't even see!
one of the pics was my food during the post church spree😬

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thats a nice Harley, been 🌧 in Maine all last nite and today, little 🌞 be nice

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had to enlarge, to see, lol drinken green beers here cheers :)

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
138 Posts
Went ahead and took a chance on the HD premium hand adjustables that are an inch shorter than stock. Other than a much better ride I can't tell much difference in height. No dragging boards so far but I didn't get into any heavy twisties. The way the air ride leaked down I was probably riding lower most of the time.

·
Registered
2016 CVO Limited
35 Posts
I'm considering the newer oem hand adjustable low profile shock over the oem air/hydraulic low profile shock. According to the reviews I've read, It does seems to give a better ride and as a plus, no more air leak down.

Dave

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm considering the newer oem hand adjustable low profile shock over the oem air/hydraulic low profile shock. According to the reviews I've read, It does seems to give a better ride and as a plus, no more air leak down.

Dave
I did that on my 2016 electraglide. Nice improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
Poured rain today so I started my Sturgis prep. Got her washed before church and dug into waxing after. What a loving waste of time! 7 hours of wash and wax everything painted or chrome. Not to bad for 7 years old and 72000 miles. Probably rain the first day now🙄. I even did the damn rear wheel which you can't even see!
one of the pics was my food during the post church spree😬
man that baby looks snazzy! very impressive. a day well spent. what did you use on the wheel clean up. whatever it was i need some. very nice loubob. who's your riding buddy on the sturgis trip?

·
Registered
923 Posts
man that baby looks snazzy! very impressive. a day well spent. what did you use on the wheel clean up. whatever it was i need some. very nice loubob. who's your riding buddy on the sturgis trip?
Just a normal Armorall wash/ wax car wash for the bath then S100 for the chrome including the wheels. Just a great job getting the tiny waterspots blowing it dry leaves. Carnuba for the painted parts. A buddy of mine from work and I are going, wives said "hell no!". He is not on any forum, though he's ridden for years. He has a 42' 5th wheel toy hauler with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I wanted to ride but he isn't up to it (1900 miles each way) so the bikes go in the back and we have a place to stay which is awesome. Pappy Hoel, here we come. I'm gonna take my bike out when we get into South Dakota, It's my home state and I'm gonna ride across.
First time in the Hills during a rally. should be interesting! Normally I prefer it uncrowded and slow but you gotta do this once right?

8461 - 8480 of 8587 Posts