Harley Davidson Forums banner
8481 - 8500 of 8587 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Got er Done! What a learning experience that was!

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
Just a normal Armorall wash/ wax car wash for the bath then S100 for the chrome including the wheels. Just a great job getting the tiny waterspots blowing it dry leaves. Carnuba for the painted parts. A buddy of mine from work and I are going, wives said "hell no!". He is not on any forum, though he's ridden for years. He has a 42' 5th wheel toy hauler with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I wanted to ride but he isn't up to it (1900 miles each way) so the bikes go in the back and we have a place to stay which is awesome. Pappy Hoel, here we come. I'm gonna take my bike out when we get into South Dakota, It's my home state I'm gonna ride across.
First time in the Hills during a rally. should be interesting! Normally I prefer it uncrowded and slow but you gotta do this once right?
yep, all the times i've been we went the week before and stayed in spearfish motel. if i'd have went when i were younger i would have had to go during the rally at least once. for me the roads plugged with slow bikes during week of rally would be very frustrating. we go for the riding. it is awsome up there. have fun loubob, you guys have a solid plan.:)

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
i am definitely getting one of those.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Poured rain today so I started my Sturgis prep. Got her washed before church and dug into waxing after. What a loving waste of time! 7 hours of wash and wax everything painted or chrome. Not to bad for 7 years old and 72000 miles. Probably rain the first day now🙄. I even did the damn rear wheel which you can't even see!
one of the pics was my food during the post church spree😬

Loubob,

Love those Blue Diamond almonds. Bike looks great. Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: loubob

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Glad to hear that your bike is back! Now, are you trying to give yourself and the rest of the forum Heart Attacks? Showing the first picture with those vertical lines in the cylinder walls? Daum Man, what magnification is that?
I have noticed that the borescope I have makes every imperfection look much worse than it looks when the cylinder is removed.

·
Try'n to behave
6,280 Posts
Just a normal Armorall wash/ wax car wash for the bath then S100 for the chrome including the wheels. Just a great job getting the tiny waterspots blowing it dry leaves. Carnuba for the painted parts. A buddy of mine from work and I are going, wives said "hell no!". He is not on any forum, though he's ridden for years. He has a 42' 5th wheel toy hauler with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I wanted to ride but he isn't up to it (1900 miles each way) so the bikes go in the back and we have a place to stay which is awesome. Pappy Hoel, here we come. I'm gonna take my bike out when we get into South Dakota, It's my home state and I'm gonna ride across.
First time in the Hills during a rally. should be interesting! Normally I prefer it uncrowded and slow but you gotta do this once right?
I will be out there this year too (first time at the rally as well). Going with my Sister and BIL. I believe we are staying at the same campground as you. Since my bike is down right now, they are loaning me one of their other bikes so I don't have to miss the trip. Maybe we'll bump into each other somenight. Have fun!

Reactions: loubob and JTJ

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
173 Posts
I will be out there this year too (first time at the rally as well). Going with my Sister and BIL. I believe we are staying at the same campground as you. Since my bike is down right now, they are loaning me one of their other bikes so I don't have to miss the trip. Maybe we'll bump into each other somenight. Have fun!
Have a great ride, wish I was going!

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
tony, gary and i got a ride in this morning. tony wanted to go to a burger place in t town. we headed down 169 then he peeled off on cr300rd south of nowata and headed east toward winganon and chelsae. stopped in chelsae at the ma and pa resturant and it was closed for remodle. then he headed n.e. on route 66 to big cabin to a big truck stop we ate at one time. he went by the jct and stayed on route 66 till we got to vanita. we ate breakfast at clanton's. yum. the i tookem east to afton then north to narcissa and west to hwy2 and north into chetopa and on west to goofyville. 186 miles. a really nice ride on an 84 degree morning. tomorrow i take my friend with pancreatic c to lunch at his favorite lunch place. chicken fried steak day at jacks in liberty. have a good evening all!

·
weird member
3,055 Posts
Well, I didn't ride the last two days because of rain, and it's raining all day again today. Really starting to get sick of all this rain.

I ordered a rain sock for $12 that I am going to use for that can. It's meant for an air cleaner, but it's a type that wraps around with velcro to secure it. I'm just going to cut it how I need, wrap it around the top of the rain cap I made and down to the can. Unfortunately, shipping currently says it isn't due to arrive until Friday.

I might just have to see what I have laying around the house and make something to work in the meantime.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Changed oil & filter, start and checked for leaks. Went for two rides toward the storm, just got back beat the rain! Rode the twistys. Started pouring 5 mins after I got back, just in time not to get soaked. It needs to stop raining lol, getting old fast! Got 89 miles in going to go to Blue Hill coastal for fried clams next good day. Best to all needs to stop frealin raining

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
Tommy when you not using it you can hire it out for folks to carry out their own endoscopy procedure
Just a thought (y)
i'm not sure how fussy it will be. about being linked to different phones, ect. sett gave me a set of caps that send the tire pressure on you bike tires to your phone. i still havn't got it linked to phone yet. that's how much i like to set up tech stuff. it may be easier to just havem bring bike over so i can do it for them while they watch and send photos to thier phones. don't know yet i difinitely going to have one up and running this winter. no time for high tech now it's riding time. if i remember corectly the one brian bought was like 80.00 dollars. i don't know why everyone would not want one in their harley tool box.:)

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
bow and i went flying after lunch. he got a private on the gi bill many years ago but has not flown since. he sticked it aroud for almost an hour and had a blast. nice day for a couple of old guys that go back to the third grade. different day and time. we enjoyed our childhoods with much vigor. we had bb gun fights that had 15 to 25 soldiers. played kick the can till midnight, flew kites for days, u control model planes and gliders. sandlot football and baseball games. in the sixth grade graduated to cushmans. fifties and sixties were the best time to grow up ever. we reminesse often and give thanks for the mostly good times we have been blessed with. i'm afraid like others he will precede me in his journey to the afterlife but we both know that ain't up to us. we both have had a good life and hope our work in this world is nearly done. we still hope to have a bunch of fun though before that day comes. hasta.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Changed oil & filter, start and checked for leaks. Went for two rides toward the storm, just got back beat the rain! Rode the twistys. Started pouring 5 mins after I got back, just in time not to get soaked. It needs to stop raining lol, getting old fast! Got 89 miles in going to go to Blue Hill coastal for fried clams next good day. Best to all needs to stop frealin raining View attachment 797707 View attachment 797708 View attachment 797709
Good timing on that ride, AKR (y)

I took the bike for a quick run around the block to check the handlebar adjustment. (Needs to come back a bit more, so that i make contact with the backrest.) It was too hot to really ride, 104. After i got back in the barn and let her cool down. I decided to see if she threw any codes... Dummy here, forgot to clear the codes after finishing the install.. I had codes on EVERYTHING! Cleared all, now gotta run again to see if any are real. Just in case i missed a connection somewhere. I did test all the controls and lights (except headlamp) before i put the front fairing back on. That all worked but, i didn't even think about it setting off codes... Live and learn.

Reactions: English Triker

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got er Done! What a learning experience that was!

[/QUO
Good timing on that ride, AKR (y)

I took the bike for a quick run around the block to check the handlebar adjustment. (Needs to come back a bit more, so that i make contact with the backrest.) It was too hot to really ride, 104. After i got back in the barn and let her cool down. I decided to see if she threw any codes... Dummy here, forgot to clear the codes after finishing the install.. I had codes on EVERYTHING! Cleared all, now gotta run again to see if any are real. Just in case i missed a connection somewhere. I did test all the controls and lights (except headlamp) before i put the front fairing back on. That all worked but, i didn't even think about it setting off codes... Live and learn.
Glad it's going good, it is an education watching it. never knew how it worked. Lots of parts and hd efi stuff I know nothing about. That alot of parts, wires, fairing everything! Good job

8481 - 8500 of 8587 Posts