Harley Davidson Forums banner
8921 - 8940 of 9066 Posts

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
136 miles this morning. ran down to bartlesville on flash on a cool 86 degree morning to pick up some fuel filters for the bikes. will change them both this winter. m8 running crisp on the stock ecm, haven't got the power vision yet. brisk run yielded 38.5 mpg with stage one. not too terribly lean for no tunner. called hyw 60 cycles at senaca about a tire. they have gotten some american elites off and on this summer but says they are showing no expected ship dates for the remainder of 2021 on the touring bikes with nww. i told him to go ahead and put a michlen commander lll on it cause i'm not parking that bike till spring. man those guys sell tires. they are booked till oct 16th. he booked me for then so i'll have to run the commander lll with no nww till it wears out. it's not dual compound so i may need a new one by spring. the american elite on the bike now is bald and put on just last june, has 23,000 miles on it. dunlop has missed a boat load of sales this season. just another down side of covid.

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
480 Posts
136 miles this morning. ran down to bartlesville on flash on a cool 86 degree morning to pick up some fuel filters for the bikes. will change them both this winter. m8 running crisp on the stock ecm, haven't got the power vision yet. brisk run yielded 38.5 mpg with stage one. not too terribly lean for no tunner. called hyw 60 cycles at senaca about a tire. they have gotten some american elites off and on this summer but says they are showing no expected ship dates for the remainder of 2021 on the touring bikes with nww. i told him to go ahead and put a michlen commander lll on it cause i'm not parking that bike till spring. man those guys sell tires. they are booked till oct 16th. he booked me for then so i'll have to run the commander lll with no nww till it wears out. it's not dual compound so i may need a new one by spring. the american elite on the bike now is bald and put on just last june, has 23,000 miles on it. dunlop has missed a boat load of sales this season. just another down side of covid.
Dreading getting a tire as well, sounds like you had a good run. Find the tuners and stock ecm interesting. Understand the two in series deal. At least I think 😆. Good run!

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
23k? Wow!!
I finally had to give up on getting a set of AE's. Waited like 3 months, tires were getting real bald.
Ended up going stock Dunnies.
Hope to go AE next time.
dammit. yea and double that on fronts. i've been running them for several years on the 14 ultra. that is normal and in mid fourties on the front. they cost a little more but they are worth it. they are good sticky tires too, wet or dry hot or cold.

·
Registered
969 Posts
why long sleeve shirts? when it's really hot im in a tee shirt and no helmet.
My husband is deathly allergic to bees. He carries two epipens and still has to go to ER if and when stung.
We have a helmet law here, but again the full face helmet is to protect him from being stung in the face. He also wears something around his neck.
it's definitely no fun having to suit up so much, it makes a simple summer ride very miserable. I know it probably sounds dumb that I wear full face and put on a flannel because he has to, but I do like to try to protect my skin from the Sun.
Also less road rash if we were to go down God forbid. Not that a flannel is going to protect much but I have a long sleeve under the flannel.

·
Former Lurker
3,733 Posts
why long sleeve shirts? when it's really hot im in a tee shirt and no helmet.
I switched to long sleeve Tees due to the sun. I had a skin cancer spot on my arm a few years back and was getting real sunburned early in the season. Sooo, lot of sunscreen and long sleeves... ( I know this was a response to Mand, just throwing in my 2 cents. I'm stuck at work.)

·
Registered
969 Posts
I switched to long sleeve Tees due to the sun. I had a skin cancer spot on my arm a few years back and was getting real sunburned early in the season. Sooo, lot of sunscreen and long sleeves... ( I know this was a response to Mand, just throwing in my 2 cents. I'm stuck at work.)
You know we work construction, and all of us wear long sleeves at work all day. People always say why are you in long sleeves but it actually does keep you cooler and definitely protecting our skin from that sun. Just doesn't work well when you're on a motorcycle with full face helmet 3 jackets flannel... 🥵

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
My husband is deathly allergic to bees. He carries two epipens and still has to go to ER if and when stung.
We have a helmet law here, but again the full face helmet is to protect him from being stung in the face. He also wears something around his neck.
it's definitely no fun having to suit up so much, it makes a simple summer ride very miserable. I know it probably sounds dumb that I wear full face and put on a flannel because he has to, but I do like to try to protect my skin from the Sun.
Also less road rash if we were to go down God forbid. Not that a flannel is going to protect much but I have a long sleeve under the flannel.
ok, wow scary about the bees. i see now what you mean about the heat. hope it cools down for you guys soon.

·
Registered
42,692 Posts
I will sometimes wear a long sleeve t-shirt in the summer for the same reason, to keep from getting burned up. Been wearing my watch on my right wrist since Colorado to try and get rid of my farmers tan. That's about the only part of me that was exposed on the trip.

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
Aren't the stock module and the tuner module in series?
yea ak if you have a piggy back tunner which i had that went belly up. so for now, till the power vision shows up, i took off the failed tunner so i could get the bike to run just hooked up normally with the stock ecm. i was just saying that the bike running stage one intake and exhaust wasn't too terribly lean running on the stock ecm. the power vision will be differrent. it actually flashes the ecm with a map made from a bike like yours with same intake and exhaust and tuned on a dyno. the stock map in the ecm is stored in the power vision so it can be recalled later if needed. like i said for now it is running on the stock ecm with no tunner. :p

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
You know we work construction, and all of us wear long sleeves at work all day. People always say why are you in long sleeves but it actually does keep you cooler and definitely protecting our skin from that sun. Just doesn't work well when you're on a motorcycle with full face helmet 3 jackets flannel... 🥵
for sure if i were working a field with a tractor with no cab with ac i would be wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt. at speed on my bike i do tee shirts because i don't really burn just get tan. a puddin bowl helmet so i can manage my hearing aids better. and when it gets really hot no helmet. i'm pretty old don't really have a lot to loose by opting for comfort.:p

·
old scoot coot
5,056 Posts
for sure if i were working a field with a tractor with no cab with ac i would be wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt. at speed on my bike i do tee shirts because i don't really burn just get tan. a puddin bowl helmet so i can manage my hearing aids better. and when it gets really hot no helmet. i'm pretty old don't really have a lot to loose by opting for comfort.:p sorry for double post, i wish i could delete one when that happens.

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
480 Posts
yea ak if you have a piggy back tunner which i had that went belly up. so for now, till the power vision shows up, i took off the failed tunner so i could get the bike to run just hooked up normally with the stock ecm. i was just saying that the bike running stage one intake and exhaust wasn't too terribly lean running on the stock ecm. the power vision will be differrent. it actually flashes the ecm with a map made from a bike like yours with same intake and exhaust and tuned on a dyno. the stock map in the ecm is stored in the power vision so it can be recalled later if needed. like i said for now it is running on the stock ecm with no tunner. :p
Glad it is, just trying to learn HD system even though I don't have one in bike. Good explanation ty.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,598 Posts
Went to ride Cat-Rat, the '05 Sporty, and the MIL came on. It would stay on for about 15 secs and then go out for about a min and then kept repeating the cycle. I was gonna ignore it until I got home but when the light came on the bike was running bad, like it was missing, and then it would run good when the light went out. So I pulled over the see what code came up, and it was P0107 which has something to do with the MAP sensor. Great. I reset the code and continued home but the cycle kept repeating itself. I will have to see later today what all the code is about.

8921 - 8940 of 9066 Posts