Harley Davidson Forums banner
9201 - 9220 of 9321 Posts

·
old scoot coot
5,153 Posts
nice ride today. mickey, marty, tony and i rode to the pink pickle at girard. they had tacos and i had a taco burger. it was a big and tasty burger and a dr pepper. very nice 178 miles today another nice one. 68 leaving and 73 coming back. a nice ride on a nice day and a good time was had by mickey, marty, tony and tommy.

·
old scoot coot
5,153 Posts
I don't have a welding machine or anything to solder that kind of metal. The problem is... it looks like the nut is welded to the back plate, but there's no weld bead, looks almost like when they seal the vacuum seal bags? Except it's metal instead of plastic. I dunno, maybe it was glued?

Either way, the plate itself broke and is still welded/glued to the nut. I never had an issue like that before.
View attachment 800523 View attachment 800525 View attachment 800526
pipe's sil floss would be a good looking and lifetime joint for sure. you could use jb weld and carefully wipe off the ooze out before it sets up. let it sit overnight just to be safe and it would give you a lifetime bond.

·
Registered
42,931 Posts
Just got back from washing the bike. Got a spoke/wheel brush from HD. Worked great, also used some S-100 wheel and tire cleaner, also great. Cleanest the wheels have been since new.

Thinking of going to Torchy's Tacos for dinner. Taco of the month is called the Kingpin.... green chile pork carnitas topped with black beans, fried plantains, sour cream, cotija cheese, pickled onion, cilantro and avocado sauce.

Food Tableware Dishware Ingredient Recipe

·
Registered
226 Posts
Took a dusk cruise after work - The days of T-shirt rides are coming to a close. 68 degrees when I pulled in after starting at 80 just an hour earlier. Bambi critters starting to move earlier as well. Took a pic before heading out. I know I’m a slacker, but this was the best 40 hours of my life ;).
Speedometer Odometer Automotive lighting Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So, on Sunday's ride to Missouri Hick BBQ, I had to stop a couple of times to let slow pokes catch up. Yesterday rode to Fat Boys Restaurant fellow riders did much better keeping up. This coming Sunday is a Bixby Run, down to the Bixby General Store, some serious twisties and a favorite of the wanna be road racers, I'll see how good the fellow riders (an unknown quantity) will keep up.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Plugged the battery tender in yesterday. Temps in the freezing levels overnight now. Daytime temp not getting above about mid-40s. Some warmer days ahead, but I'm on the road with the pickup and travel trailer this weekend. Hope for a few good riding days before Nov. 1.
Why are you not in Az where it’s Riding season?

But We froze our azz’s off last night riding back from Wickenburg it got down 52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I went to lunch with the chapter - 156 miles round trip. Weather was great!

·
Former Lurker
3,813 Posts
Rode in this morning,
Couple of things, Noticed that regular gas was up to 3.07 at the cheap station and 3.12 at Shell.
Paid 3.85 for super the other day, not sure how high it is now.

Second, how long are you guys getting out of a battery? My 19 RGS (114) is just over 2 years old and my batt seems to be struggling. I am not religious about using my tender, but I do a fair bit. I ride a lot so it does not sit much.
Along those lines, are you still using stock batts? AGM? Lithium?
Just checking to see what folks think about the current offerings.
Thanks and have a good day.

·
Former Lurker
3,813 Posts
Also, my buddy with the shot engine. He says HD and the ESP folks say the engine is toast. He is still waiting to hear exactly what that means as to crate or shop rebuild AND a timeline.
The good riding weather is just getting warmed up.
I'd hate to be down waiting for parts in this supply environment.

·
old scoot coot
5,153 Posts
??? Do you want a refresher class, Tommy? I any time, buddy! That was a while ago!
thanks scotty. i was looking at old stuff and came across that. i would have never have gotten through that without your help. if i do it again it's a comfort to know i can count on you because i know for a fact a refresher class would be part of the process! :)

9201 - 9220 of 9321 Posts