Harley Davidson Forums banner
9221 - 9240 of 9741 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
728 Posts
Picked up Dynasor 98 FXDL, 2 new sneakers installed,wheel bearings serviced, had everthing checked all good minor repairs to last hack that I
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread
bought bike from. Alignment set. Life is the sweet and sour deal. Killer day 75 sunny bike handles fantastic. The sour, my wife had 3 seizures last night ER was maxed out waited 3.5 hours for her to get a room ie covid! Got home at 3 am. Rode bike 5 miles home, parked. Waiting for doctors to call nerosurgen, my wife is more important than a motorcycle ride. My brain is scrambled with worry. May be inappropriate to talk about, if so sorry.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
I rode over to Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach. 172 RT. I didn't find a pair of boots I liked at the price I was willing to pay. I did see hamburgers being sold for $16.00 o_O I know vendor booths are expensive, but geez. There was a big crowd there and it's only Thursday.

·
Noel
11,224 Posts
The sour, my wife had 3 seizures last night ER was maxed out waited 3.5 hours for her to get a room ie covid! Got home at 3 am. Rode bike 5 miles home, parked. Waiting for doctors to call nerosurgen, my wife is more important than a motorcycle ride. My brain is scrambled with worry. May be inappropriate to talk about, if so sorry.
We're here to listen/read and walk you through these troubling times, prayers that she pulls through, there will be plenty of fall days yet to come!!

·
Noel
11,224 Posts
Got in a great morning /afternoon ride with one of the club brothers, I headed northward at 8:15 am to meet up with him in Methuen Mass just off I93, then we headed further north into Salem NH, then east bound on country highways reaching Hampton Beach NH, stopped for beer and wings at Wally's pub, then reversed course via country and freeway roads so that he could be back home in time for young son's return from school at 2pm.

I head back toward home by mid afternoon, 235 miles added to the clock, beautiful blue skies for a while with temps in the high 70's, it was NICE!!!

Sky Window Building Vehicle Electricity

Furniture Eye Table Outdoor bench Wood

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
thanks scotty. i was looking at old stuff and came across that. i would have never have gotten through that without your help. if i do it again it's a comfort to know i can count on you because i know for a fact a refresher class would be part of the process! :)
Any time!

Reactions: tommytailspin

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
AKR, Knee mail sent! Fingers crossed for some good news from the Docs..

Reactions: RJ64

·
old scoot coot
5,348 Posts
Got in a great morning /afternoon ride with one of the club brothers, I headed northward at 8:15 am to meet up with him in Methuen Mass just off I93, then we headed further north into Salem NH, then east bound on country highways reaching Hampton Beach NH, stopped for beer and wings at Wally's pub, then reversed course via country and freeway roads so that he could be back home in time for young son's return from school at 2pm.

I head back toward home by mid afternoon, 235 miles added to the clock, beautiful blue skies for a while with temps in the high 70's, it was NICE!!!

View attachment 800630

View attachment 800629
all you can eat fish and chips 12 bucks! way to go noel. brian and i need to come and by next summer and take you to lunch. i think i'm riding down to choteau tomorrow. they have fish on fridays at the amish house. :p

·
old scoot coot
5,348 Posts
Picked up Dynasor 98 FXDL, 2 new sneakers installed,wheel bearings serviced, had everthing checked all good minor repairs to last hack that I View attachment 800621 View attachment 800622 bought bike from. Alignment set. Life is the sweet and sour deal. Killer day 75 sunny bike handles fantastic. The sour, my wife had 3 seizures last night ER was maxed out waited 3.5 hours for her to get a room ie covid! Got home at 3 am. Rode bike 5 miles home, parked. Waiting for doctors to call nerosurgen, my wife is more important than a motorcycle ride. My brain is scrambled with worry. May be inappropriate to talk about, if so sorry.
prayers sent for your wife and yourself.

·
old scoot coot
5,348 Posts
well. it was threatening rain this morning but i had to give it a try. 106 miles. i was headed for skiatook for a brisket sammich but it started to rain in bartlesville and was really dark to the south so i did a 180 there and headed back to sunshine. later at home i did clean up tires and wheels on both bikes. checked air in flash's tires. i've had an appt for six weeks to get a new rear tire put on. no elites this year so trying a commander. i have to be at neosho at 8:30 saturday morning. will be like 40 leaving here at 7:00. that's well below my comfort zone and i haven't felt that temp since last winter, a cold front moving through from nw in the wee hours, but i really really need a tire on flash so harley ho a riding i will go. burr.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I rode over to Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach. 172 RT. I didn't find a pair of boots I liked at the price I was willing to pay. I did see hamburgers being sold for $16.00 o_O I know vendor booths are expensive, but geez. There was a big crowd there and it's only Thursday.
Yep that equates to roughly the price we pay here in a pub restaurant but you do get a few chips with that and a bit of salad .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't have a welding machine or anything to solder that kind of metal. The problem is... it looks like the nut is welded to the back plate, but there's no weld bead, looks almost like when they seal the vacuum seal bags? Except it's metal instead of plastic. I dunno, maybe it was glued?

Either way, the plate itself broke and is still welded/glued to the nut. I never had an issue like that before.
View attachment 800523 View attachment 800525 View attachment 800526
Rough it up and a good way out on the surrounding surfaces and try JB Weld. Thing is shot anyway and that may just hold it

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
728 Posts
We're here to listen/read and walk you through these troubling times, prayers that she pulls through, there will be plenty of fall days yet to come!!
I very much appreciate the support you all have given me with your kind words. For the first time in too many years I feel I am part of something, I was welcomed by you all without judement! Folks here help each other out! That is so rare and such a blessing in the world we live in. I am proud to be here. I have spoken to my wife about folks here since I have been on forum, she always says " oh your typing to your friends" Nothing could be truer. My best regards to all.

·
American
29,772 Posts
Picked up Dynasor 98 FXDL, 2 new sneakers installed,wheel bearings serviced, had everthing checked all good minor repairs to last hack that Ibought bike from. Alignment set. Life is the sweet and sour deal. Killer day 75 sunny bike handles fantastic. The sour, my wife had 3 seizures last night ER was maxed out waited 3.5 hours for her to get a room ie covid! Got home at 3 am. Rode bike 5 miles home, parked. Waiting for doctors to call nerosurgen, my wife is more important than a motorcycle ride. My brain is scrambled with worry. May be inappropriate to talk about, if so sorry.
prayers up for your wife and you.

Reactions: JTJ

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,336 Posts
So I did that service interval a week ago and I mentioned doing the seafoam treatment 100 miles prior to the oil change. Supposed to be 1 oz per quart of capacity. Listed capacity 3 quarts but only takes about 2.5 quarts per change (and that's despite the addition of an oil cooler).

Anyway, I started off with just 2 oz to be safe. After 30-40 miles showed no problems with the Seafoam added to the oil, I added another half oz. In addition, I did get the RPMs up a few times during that 100 miles.

I have to say a week later, my valve train has never been so quiet. For a long time, there's been a bit of a tapping from what I believed was one of the front lifters (though on inspection they looked fine). It's as quiet now as it was when I first upgraded the engine. I mean there's still valve train noise and always going to be with the cam that I have, but whatever that tick was is gone now. Could be coincidence, could have been the Seafoam in the oil.

Either way, that definitely worked for me. I might do the Seafoam treatment in the oil now every other oil change the same way (2.5-3 oz about 100-150 miles before service interval/oil change), just as a preventative.

9221 - 9240 of 9741 Posts