Harley Davidson Forums banner
9701 - 9720 of 9807 Posts

·
old scoot coot
5,381 Posts
tony and i rode down to tulsa today to evelyn's soul food for some lunch. i had a bowl of ham and brown beans with onions and corn bread. yum! tony led down hwy 75. nice severe clear day with sunshine. 52 degrees going down and 63 coming back. i left evelyn's in the lead. t took us across town on hwy 11 to 169, cool 75 is the pace on 11 and about the same going out of town on 169. tony was falling back as we neared owasso so i slowed so he would catch up when a black good looking scoot went by at 80. i fell in behind him and followed and tony caught up. he then slowed to 70 ish all the way back to kansas. i little slow for me but not for tony so i followed him all the way back to goofyville. seemed like the guy was having a good time. he confirmed at a stoplight in nowata when i pulled along side. still no id on bike just that it was metric. i asked where he was headed and he replied kansas city. we peeled off at home and he continued on to kansas city. while ago i texted tony and asked what the bike was and he said it was an early, still good looking, yamaha venture. it was a good looking scoot and ran out well. i'll google it later. a sublime ride on a sublime day with a sublime lunch and a sublime time was had by tony, tommy and a guy from kansas ciy. y'all have a great thanksgiving eve humpday tomorrow. hasta.

·
old scoot coot
5,381 Posts
i played with the bore scope at kitchen table a little this morning. too much light with a well lit room and the leds on the camera. i bet it will be fine in the dark cylinder. you can turn the leds up and down but i don't think these first attempts are any good. it will be a fun little gadget. i've wanted and needed a bore scope for my aircraft engine and airframe work been flying 45 years back then a bore scope was like two thousand bucks. aint technology wonderful. this unit is waterproof, has side view and a mirror for looking back the other way, and a hook and magnet for retrievals. the led lighting to side and ahead is adjustable down to nothing to quite bright i had it turned down to nearly nothing but there is a bright light over table. not good photos but first attempts never are. anyway 70 bucks. god i love this country. kainam is the one that guided me in to this little puppy!:p
Head Coin Money handling Currency Artifact
World Astronomical object Circle Freezing Electric blue
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Alloy wheel

did i say that i still like mechanical things like internal combustion engines and watches that do not require batteries. techno is cool but mechanical is just amazing.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Kainam, I ate at a Mexican choke and puke last Saturday and had ta stop in 26-1/2 miles to pinch one off and look for Rolaids. I was all good after that
"Pinch" one Off? I call BS on that! If you had to stop that soon after eating that, it EXPLODED out of you
HAHAHAHA
that sh1t is funny right there🤣

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,846 Posts
"Pinch" one Off? I call BS on that! If you had to stop that soon after eating that, it EXPLODED out of you
HAHAHAHA
that sh1t is funny right there🤣
No way could I pinch it off once started in that situation! lol

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I rolled the bike out of the garage and gave her a good cleaning. 57 sunny degrees called for a post wash test ride to make sure everything still worked. It did. Got a short 72 miles and back home for a nice tequila warm up that I am enjoying now. Waiting for the temps to drop a bit more before I light a fire.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I rolled the bike out of the garage and gave her a good cleaning. 57 sunny degrees called for a post wash test ride to make sure everything still worked. It did. Got a short 72 miles and back home for a nice tequila warm up that I am enjoying now. Waiting for the temps to drop a bit more before I light a fire.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Lou Bob
did you get the parts you were after

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Lou Bob
did you get the parts you were after
Got busy and forgot to email them. Thanks for the reminder! I just chatted with a young lady there and she said the parts folks will get back to me. I've tried probably 20 places I was told had those floorboard inserts and all are gone.
Discontinued and very popular. I should have bought 2 sets back in the day

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,344 Posts
Went for a ride today and again, I smell battery smell on brand new battery so, there is an overcharging issue. I didn't replace the voltage regulator with the stator at the time because there weren't any in stock.

So, I guess I am parked for now until a new one comes in. Actually, I will wait until tomorrow if I can get in or Tuesday, so I can go get the charging system tested, I don't fully trust my meter. Want to make sure exactly it's the regulator and only the regulator before I order one.

:mad:

·
Noel
11,259 Posts
Went for a ride today and again, I smell battery smell on brand new battery so, there is an overcharging issue. I didn't replace the voltage regulator with the stator at the time because there weren't any in stock.

So, I guess I am parked for now until a new one comes in. Actually, I will wait until tomorrow if I can get in or Tuesday, so I can go get the charging system tested, I don't fully trust my meter. Want to make sure exactly it's the regulator and only the regulator before I order one.

:mad:
Disconnect battery just in case there is a transistor leaking or shorted, which could cause battery drain down as well as the over charging conditions

·
Noel
11,259 Posts
Hope your experience with the upgrade goes well,, take it easy on the first few hundred/thousand miles of break-in, horror stories have been experienced by several folks I know, and one of our members on this forum.

·
Registered
43,146 Posts
Hope your experience with the upgrade goes well,, take it easy on the first few hundred/thousand miles of break-in, horror stories have been experienced by several folks I know, and one of our members on this forum.
His is the crate motor, as evidenced by the 131 badge vs Screamin Eagle on rear cylinder.
Wonder if there is more QC on the crate motor vs upgrade.

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
A Thanksgiving first, for the wife and I.
The weather was just too sweet to leave the bikes in the barn.
Crazy ride, as if the streets were deserted! Riding down Jefferson, (one of Temecula's normally busiest streets) No kidding, saw only one other car. (A very bored, police officer, just sitting in his car.) Like where did everyone go?
First time I / we ever had to use the "Dead Red Law" 4 times in one day... Just wierd!
We took a short, surface street ride to meet up with her mom, brother and his new lady friend for Thanksgiving dinner. Nice brisk, chilly ride back to the barn. Only 45 miles r/t. But it was sure fun!

Edit: "Chilly ride back": Long sleeve T-shirt, Leather Jacket, (w/o liner) and summer riding gloves. Just chilly! :cool:

9701 - 9720 of 9807 Posts