Harley Davidson Forums banner
11481 - 11500 of 11639 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
finally after a week and a half a day trip. mickey, tony and i rode down to choteau, ok to the amish house for lunch today. severe clear and warm now 91 degrees coming back. i could feel the sun kicking in the homemade vitamin D machine. 206 miles on the clock pulling into the shop. fury running crisp and yielding 38mpg at mid cruise. i had fried chicken, green beans n bacon, mashed taters and they have the best ole homemade chicken gravy. then i had a bowl of blackberry cobbler smothered in a bunch of soft serve ice cream from their machine. i'm starting to find the pounds i lost while sick last week. guess i'll save em for next time i get sick. a great day on the cherokee side, a great lunch, ride and a great time was had by tony, mickey and tommy. one more lunch and time to break out flash. hasta.
I sure would have enjoyed such a ride. Harley & I did get a short but pleasant ride in just before the rain squal hit @ 1500; received .43" of badly needed rain & it arrived w/wind & came down in buckets. Seems to have cleared the air temporarily of pollen & dust. Tomorrow will be 92 & more afternoon rain.

·
Registered
2014 Ultra Limited
338 Posts
First post here...just purchased a used Ultra Classic. Loving it.

Early this morning I put a full tank of gas in it, rode it to work, took a wrong turn on the way home and ended up going the long way around. Finally made it home with under 1/4 tank.

Tomorrow morning I have to gas it up again (and repeat).

JM
And that for sure is what is about, not so much the destination, but the ride you took getting there....

·
American
31,577 Posts
First post here...just purchased a used Ultra Classic. Loving it.

Early this morning I put a full tank of gas in it, rode it to work, took a wrong turn on the way home and ended up going the long way around. Finally made it home with under 1/4 tank.

Tomorrow morning I have to gas it up again (and repeat).

JM
Welcome from Indiana. Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: JTJ and 1/2 Ton

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
PNWKing, I'll trade you knees anyday! Of course mine have a few more years on them, and likely more abuse. Right knee has been worked on twice, and left one once.
and getting run down by a car while on foot didn't help. man that hurts just thinking about it. you are my hero larry! still riding. :p and larry ain't shy in the twisties either, he is a very aggressive rider.

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
980 Posts
Put on new extended rubber footpegs, was going to go with gel but not wide enough for my WW foot.They are 1" longer and
Hand Plant Gesture Grass Automotive tire

work very well if you have wide foot. Stock oem pegs on it 4" w new one 5" instead of my foot being under the brake pedal it next to it, alot safer.... I will wait for the inch jokes 😆 pics from coast
Plant community Cemetery Natural environment Headstone Plant
Water Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape
Cloud Water Sky Plant Natural landscape

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,828 Posts
Speaking of, new brake pedal pad thing is definitely better, foot isn't vibrating off sitting at a stop light now.

Just got back from my typical around town ride, having my afternoon beer and coffee before I need to build a stand to hold this beach umbrella we bought cheep to help shade that cherry tree I planted. Sun is too brutal here, going to shade it partially from the midday sun, cut some holes in the umbrella for dappled, indirect sunlight during mid day. "Full sun" means minimum 6 hours of direct sunlight, but even full sun plants can get too much sun, which it is. After that, I have some hyacinths to plant up there with the Angel Trumpets I finally planted and that will finish my "spring" honey-do list.

Bike is all ready to go for ES trip in 3 weeks, hard part is just waiting.

Other motorcycle related news, my younger brother had inherited the 02 Heritage (at least I think it's 02, might be 01?), but needed cash and sold it to my older brother. He bought it back from him a few weeks ago, recently got his motorcycle endorsement after taking a Harley Riding Academy course and has been riding it now for about a week. Last night he upgraded the headlamp and auxiliary lights to LEDs. He's been riding it to work for about a week now. He just recently took it to his local Harley dealer to have them bring the back-end up (it was ridiculously lowered) and have them clean the carb and replace the intake manifold seals. He's got the FSM for it and his neighbor rides and also has a Heritage, so his neighbor can maybe help him (he lives 4 hours away outside of Atlanta, so I can't just pop over to help him with anything).

·
Registered
316 Posts
My rain gear came in, which is a big deal for me. I‘ve been a fair weather rider since the spinning in the rain stunt driver maneuver of 1989. I’ll never make it to ES if I plan on going only if it’s not going to rain for a week, so having gear now makes one less excuse to stay home.

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
11481 - 11500 of 11639 Posts