Harley Davidson Forums banner
11501 - 11520 of 11639 Posts

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Mr Tax, are those "extra" lines and hoses ,for some sort of air ride?
ABS brake lines near the bottom of the frame going into the R/H side cover. The one that looks like a hose or line behind the side cover is actually the saddle bag bottom support rail. Note there's no drop bars in front of the saddle bag.

Reactions: TaxmanHog

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
tony and i rode to lunch today. he wanted a shortie, i was due for a three hole on fury so that was fine by me. we rode over to toots and howard, ks for a buger and a shake. i had rasberry. yum! a fun run through the fling hills going over and south down 99 to 166 coming home. 81 degrees a mix of sun and clouds. we met a couple of guys on touring bikes at a road construction site on 99. one from ark city the other kingman. nice bikes a twinky 96 and an m8 107. we rode with them on down to sedan, they went west we went east. found out about a new joint in ark city, to be visited soon. 141 miles on a nice day, ride, lunch and a nice time was had by tony and tommy. i did a three hole change on fury when i got back. 105,000 mi. on it. flash, the deer slayer is up now for most of the summer.y'all have a great weekend. hasta.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
It's going down. Getting ready for trip ta ES. I'll take mine to dealership to get service next week. Yea, I paid the extra to get 2 more years warranty and service View attachment 809878
Rat, It's Nitrogen NOT Helium for the tires man! o_O That thing is going to corner really weird!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I will NOT make ES this year, contract negotiations start in June and I'm on the negotiating committee, and wifey cannot legally ride on the back of the bike till middle of August (she had brain seizures in February). So, we are headed to Branson tomorrow for a week and will drive down to ES for a day during the week. Will be in Springfield tomorrow night if its not raining at the stock car track on the northwest end of town.

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
I will NOT make ES this year, contract negotiations start in June and I'm on the negotiating committee, and wifey cannot legally ride on the back of the bike till middle of August (she had brain seizures in February). So, we are headed to Branson tomorrow for a week and will drive down to ES for a day during the week. Will be in Springfield tomorrow night if its not raining at the stock car track on the northwest end of town.
ok larry next year for sure. hope the wife keeps doing well also. :)

·
Registered
44,220 Posts
tony and i rode to lunch today. he wanted a shortie, i was due for a three hole on fury so that was fine by me. we rode over to toots and howard, ks for a buger and a shake. i had rasberry. yum! a fun run through the fling hills going over and south down 99 to 166 coming home. 81 degrees a mix of sun and clouds. we met a couple of guys on touring bikes at a road construction site on 99. one from ark city the other kingman. nice bikes a twinky 96 and an m8 107. we rode with them on down to sedan, they went west we went east. found out about a new joint in ark city, to be visited soon. 141 miles on a nice day, ride, lunch and a nice time was had by tony and tommy. i did a three hole change on fury when i got back. 105,000 mi. on it. flash, the deer slayer is up now for most of the summer.y'all have a great weekend. hasta.
Can't leave us hanging like that! What kind of place did you find in ark city? That's where Truett & Osborne hold their all Harley drags. At least they used to.

·
old scoot coot
6,185 Posts
Can't leave us hanging like that! What kind of place did you find in ark city? That's where Truett & Osborne hold their all Harley drags. At least they used to.
i was behind tony a bit. we had bikes off but i didn't really hear the name of the place. he did say it was on 166 i think. i was just going to ask tony he hears way better than me. jack and i used to eat at the drugstore downtown good sammiches, shakes, and pies. anyway i'll find out.

·
Registered
44,220 Posts
i was behind tony a bit. we had bikes off but i didn't really hear the name of the place. he did say it was on 166 i think. i was just going to ask tony he hears way better than me. jack and i used to eat at the drugstore downtown good sammiches, shakes, and pies. anyway i'll find out.
We should make plans to go to the T&O bike drags. Sometime around Aug.

You won't need your hearing aids to hear em!

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,828 Posts
Well, I woke up early and so finished my ride early. Saw everyone else on here is washing their bikes and I was feeling guilty so I decided to clean it up a bit, especially since it was overcast.

So far I've just cleaned wheels, engine, lower forks, frame... just what I could hit with the scrub brush. Didn't really get in deep. Sprayed some K&N power clean on the wheels and let it sit for about 2 minutes before washing with the dish soap and water, spray everything off real good. Should have taken before pics, those wheels were grimy as hell. Also took my small cone brush and brushed down around between lifter blocks and engine, stuff like that.

Going to go back out in a bit and clean bugs from windshield, clean the chrome trim and then debate about whether or not to go over the engine and inner primary with some engine brightener.

I didn't get super detailed on wheel cleaning, especially on the rear (80 spokes per wheel is a lot to brush between). I'll worry about a more detailed cleaning the next time I remove the wheels for new tires. There's still some grime down in the spokes, but they're mostly clean so good enough for now.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
44,220 Posts
Well, I woke up early and so finished my ride early. Saw everyone else on here is washing their bikes and I was feeling guilty so I decided to clean it up a bit, especially since it was overcast.

So far I've just cleaned wheels, engine, lower forks, frame... just what I could hit with the scrub brush. Didn't really get in deep. Sprayed some K&N power clean on the wheels and let it sit for about 2 minutes before washing with the dish soap and water, spray everything off real good. Should have taken before pics, those wheels were grimy as hell. Also took my small cone brush and brushed down around between lifter blocks and engine, stuff like that.

Going to go back out in a bit and clean bugs from windshield, clean the chrome trim and then debate about whether or not to go over the engine and inner primary with some engine brightener.

I didn't get super detailed on wheel cleaning, especially on the rear (80 spokes per wheel is a lot to brush between). I'll worry about a more detailed cleaning the next time I remove the wheels for new tires. There's still some grime down in tbe spokes, but they're mostly clean so good enough for now.
View attachment 809919 View attachment 809920 View attachment 809921
Spiffy!

And you got the fastest color too! (y)

11501 - 11520 of 11639 Posts