Harley Davidson Forums banner
12241 - 12260 of 12378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
Cleaning up the SGS, preparing to go to Laconia to meet up for a ride the memorial site for the fallen seven. Hoping early morning weather holds up so I can roll out at 6:30 am, scattered rain overnight into Saturday morning.

The scene 3 years ago

You all ride safe out there Ya'hear!?!?!

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Made it in and got the luggage inside, and bike put away dirty and tired. Hit ~3120 miles for the trip, ~750 miles away from needing a 3 hole oil change. Used up ~1/3 quart over the course of 5000 miles. Not bad I don't think, considering the amount of engine braking I was doing in the canyons this past week.

Took off at 6:30 AM MTN, arrived home ~9:45 PM Central. ~14 hour day counting pit stops including a Tommy declared DQ stop (only cause I couldn't find a Culver's before the DQ else I would have Trump'd his DQ motion).

Tommy and Phil split off south of KC for a further couple hours and a tank of gas to get to their haciendas.

I'll have to introduce Tommy to Culvers some other day.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Super glad yall had a safe ans great trip. I don't remember seeing any of the Buffalo chip waitresses pix lol
They weren't set up yet. Believe me, we had our eyes peeled for boobies!

I missed the photo op of Tommy and his boobie seeking swimming goggles!

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Forgot to mention, if any veterans planning on heading to Rushmore, don't use the kiosks to pay for parking, go to the gift shops and let them know you're a vet and you get free parking. Same with senior discount.

Devil's Tower national park is also free for veterans.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Also a little known item, if you go to the gift shop down stairs nearest the monument, and let them know you're a vet, they will give you this free pin.

Someone else that was there filled me in.

Brown Wood Rectangle Font Material property

·
Try'n to behave
6,622 Posts
Forgot to mention, if any veterans planning on heading to Rushmore, don't use the kiosks to pay for parking, go to the gift shops and let them know you're a vet and you get free parking. Same with senior discount.

Devil's Tower national park is also free for veterans.
To add to this; all vets should get their free 'America The Beautiful' pass. It gives you and your passenger (in a cage, up to 4 other people I believe) free access to all national parks, forests, and monuments.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
To add to this; all vets should get their free 'America The Beautiful' pass. It gives you and your passenger (in a cage, up to 4 other people I believe) free access to all national parks, forests, and monuments.
I didn't know anything like that existed. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Went on a short loop (110 mile) today . First stop was favorite toy stor and then stopped by to see an old friend. I designed and built this tiny house for his property bout 16 years ago, before they got popular. And no I didn't put the gutters on. Real nice riding conditions. Come back on I20 bout 80 mph. Don't think ma rat has gone that fast on her bike but she acted like a big girl about it
Plant Sky Cloud Building Road surface
Plant Plant community Window Tree Natural landscape

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,860 Posts
Add rain and one BMW?
Found this BMdubu for a spare 2 upper while Willie was sick Rat. Good thing cuz I rode it a lot last winter. Winter I prefer riding in took me 40 years to learn how to dress for it. Plus under 45 degrees I have heated gear which makes anybody an ironman.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
3,307 Posts
12241 - 12260 of 12378 Posts