Harley Davidson Forums banner
13121 - 13140 of 13186 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Bought a second hand fairing that came in a tan shade. Need it painted to match the candy orange paint. Through some research it looks like it’s quite the process to match. Anyone got reliable, reasonable paint shops to recommend in LA? Currently west of Baton Rouge but will be heading towards FL in the next month or so ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure but I think these are the people I used after my accident to get a matched inner for my '14 Ultra. Candy orange was impossible to match by any local paint shop in Savannah apparently and there are some good one (by reputation)
anyway these folks are in Panama City.
My inner matched the OEM outer EXACTLY

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
The reason I asked is that there is a body/paint shop in Eustis that does custom motorcycle paint.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I’m familiar with Eustis . Got a name/contact? Shoot me a dm if preferred. Thanks JLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owner is a motorcycle guy and told me he does custom paint match on motorcycles. I have a friend that restored a couple of old outboard motors and Bay Street painted them the original color. Nice job on them, but you feel him out for your project.
Jim

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
4,340 Posts
Spent a little over 60 miles thinking maybe it’s time for heated gloves.
Do it.

I'm spoiled now. It wasn't that cold here today, just low 50's, but I couldn't tell—felt like summer to me on only around 1/4 to 1/3 power. Then again, I have the whole shebang (glove liners, jacket liner, pant liner, socks).

·
2004 Ultra Classic
2,208 Posts
Will finish buttoning up Willie after major heart surgery. New regulator, stator, rotor and heated gear pig tail. When you have multiple bikes heated gear plugs into all. Here I can disconnect the battery and not everything else.
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Auto part

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
4,340 Posts
During my ride, it was 45-50° today, so the heated gear was at about 1/2 power. No real idiots encountered today, which was nice.

Ordered some Berryman 2611 intake/combustion cleaner for the coming service interval (in about 250 miles). Going to pick a day when it's in the 60's to do it. Will inspect the plugs first, put new ones, run the cleaning, then do some Italian tune-up to clear the cleaner, then continue with the service interval.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Adjusted the Throttle Sensitivity and loaded the file into the bike, and took the bike to the dealer for the recall, 1/2 hour job and rode back home.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fat I think some wd-40 and fishing line slid behind that big ass reflector would clean up thar front end to the next level. I cleaned mine off 2nd day here. Just looks better IMHO.
I have seen that on a few. I have no issues with the reflector. ;)

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
46,126 Posts
Rode to the dealership and picked up an electrical accessory harness for when I wire up the quad lock phone mount this spring, and topped up the tank for winter hibernation.

Test fit the new phone and took the final pic on the old phone.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood

13121 - 13140 of 13186 Posts