Harley Davidson Forums banner
13161 - 13180 of 13745 Posts

· Registered
7,604 Posts
I put a set of brake pads on yesterday. Measured the rotor and all is good.

· Registered
51 Posts
Got the fairing on the FB. PITA that was and she has a few small scratches…

Took it for a ride and noticed quite the helmet buffering. Manufacturer said to install it above the fork support but I think just below I should be fine? An inch lower will make it a calmer ride I’m hoping. Some custom fab work to come to the headlight bracket.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Land vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,567 Posts
It looks like the Mfr has the right idea. Those dual headlamps, recessed back are creating a big air scoop. Then funneling that air right below the lamps into the front of the tank. There its tossing it straight into your face. Just my .02

I know on my Ultra the forward bottom half of the tank gets filthy first. And looking at your lower pic, that lines right up with the bottom of the new fairing.

You do you. Some of this chit requires more arms n hands then we came equipped with...

· Registered
630 Posts
11/13: I picked up the Pittsburgh 1500 lift over the weekend, the cheap one for $130. Figured I would try it out for winter storage in the geerage'.

Had to add about 1 1/2 inches of plywood and roll her up. 2" 2x4 for the Jiffy stand.
I might add some rubber mats or some cloth to the plywood just in case the wood splinters it won't go int the tire.

Putting together: Pretty simple on the surface, BUT, I did have to take the pre=installed support arms off (the ones that lock into place on each of the three notches on the frame) because some knumbskull from the manufacturer put them on facing the wrong direction (backwards) and upside down (they wouldn't catch the notch).

Nice jack overall. Seems very sturdy in a fixed position. Balance looked good equal weight ...might move a little maybe an inch forward. Jacking up and lowering down was relatively smooth. No complaints but did do both cautiously.

I didn't try rolling it around the geerage on the stand today by myself. Also have to pick up the tie downs to secure it in a few weeks once the winter sets in here.

Anyway, here are a few pictures testing it out today. Hope this is helpful for anyone considering a jack.
Some good threads on this topic on this site.

View attachment 819147 View attachment 819148 View attachment 819149 View attachment 819150 View attachment 819151
I leave my handle off also only so much room in my shed and them rubber pads didn't last i used some goop adhesive
on hard rubber back carpet i cut in 2 strips it's holding up good.

· old scoot coot
7,350 Posts
brian and i rode down to tulsa to white river fish market for lunch yesterday. a pretty warm day for it. 58 heading out at high noon and 61 arriving in t town. coming back started at 64 down to 59 getting in at 4:00. 142 miles of smiles and a good lunch of catfish fillets, onion rings, hushpuppies and pinto beans. yum. for supper we had chili dogs, and i popped another pumpkin pie in the oven. that polished off two pumpkins, a dutch apple and a pecan. man, i have enough turkey and gravy left for one hot turkey sammich and that finishes up a 20 lb tom. i gotta lighten up this week. hope y'all had a good monday. hasta.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
PERFECT day to ride.
Looked at my bike and went to work (not on the bike)
Came home Still perfect, looked at my bike as I got the rake to get the 62 tons of leaves off my yard and driveway.
Done with that, still perfect, looked at my bike as I went in to help my wife decorate a bit, and then I did my work out.
3:35 and still perfect and now traffic gets insane and dangerous around here so I think I'll drink....
Damn it

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
It was 77° today on my ride, got the word El Diablo will be in tomorrow. Doing all the paperwork now, going to call insurance later and get her added so I can ride off with her once the PDI is done.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts
It was 77° today on my ride, got the word El Diablo will be in tomorrow. Doing all the paperwork now, going to call insurance later and get her added so I can ride off with her once the PDI is done.
Muscle Cap Sleeve Baseball cap T-shirt

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
Schweeet! Need pic of bike, not the box it came in!
I only snapped the one so far but got the number off the dash, #1284 of 1500. Already a potential snafu, there's something on the left saddlebag when they were walking around, looks like maybe some adhesive residue that they'll try to clean off (hopefully that's all it is and will come right off).

Just tried to call my insurance agent, no response. It's 4 pm, I don't know what their business hours are, but people here are lazy af and often close early so they're probably closed. Left a message, but if I can't get them on the phone first thing tomorrow, then I am going to drive up there. Unfortunately, that's a 2-hour round-trip.

Really hoping to have it in my garage by tomorrow night. Pictures obviously do not do any justice to the paint job.

Clothing Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank

13161 - 13180 of 13745 Posts