Harley Davidson Forums banner
13181 - 13200 of 13745 Posts

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,918 Posts
yea hermano, that dry cold gives ya a warm fuzzy. right?
I wish! I had a serious debate with myself if I was gonna get gas or not, but there ain't any warm and dry days anytime soon.

· Registered
7,603 Posts
She's a real Looker Kyle - congrats.

· 2004 Ultra Classic
2,494 Posts
Nice ride again Kyle. I just came up with a brainstorm ready? Power/manuel backrest that goes up and tucks down. Always disliked the back rest un sleek look when nobody on the bike. Plus out of the way mounting and dismounting. PM me with royalty money.

· Registered
1,796 Posts
Well, been out working the snow blower today. Supposedly, we got 3-4 inches since about midnight, but the wind caused some drifting and there were 1-1.5 ft drifts in front of the garage. Got about 2/3rds done and the battery needed recharge. Yeah. Chilling here while the batteries charge. No way I'm getting the bike out today. :rolleyes:
Font Screenshot Clock Electric blue Publication

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
Yeah, I definitely need a sissybar, so I will go with some kind of 2-up seat. Just rode by the DMV and got a tag and applied for title, sitting in the coffee place now.

This is a huge adjustment. Although she's heavier than the FXSTC, she feels lighter. Mainly, I am not at all accustomed to the throttle, I am going to have to get them to adjust that if I can. Out the box, I need to bring that rear brake pedal up, I hate having to press down to it. A suspension upgrade will also be in the future at some point, I definitely want the front stiffer, though it's not bad. Not a huge fan of the existing riding position (leaned a little more forward than I would like), but that'll change when I decide on a seat and get different bars. Though again, it's not too bad.

Otherwise, I love it. Mostly just need to adjust a few things for the time being and get used to how the throttle responds. Main issue at the moment is resisting the temptation to goose it.

Once I get done here, going to head home and start the process of applying the ceramic coat after she cools off, install license plate, read owner's manual and start f***ing with s**t.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,918 Posts
Yeah, I definitely need a sissybar, so I will go with some kind of 2-up seat. Just rode by the DMV and got a tag and applied for title, sitting in the coffee place now.

This is a huge adjustment. Although she's heavier than the FXSTC, she feels lighter. Mainly, I am not at all accustomed to the throttle, I am going to have to get them to adjust that if I can. Out the box, I need to bring that rear brake pedal up, I hate having to press down to it. A suspension upgrade will also be in the future at some point, I definitely want the front stiffer, though it's not bad. Not a huge fan of the existing riding position (leaned a little more forward than I would like), but that'll change when I decide on a seat and get different bars. Though again, it's not too bad.

Otherwise, I love it. Mostly just need to adjust a few things for the time being and get used to how the throttle responds. Main issue at the moment is resisting the temptation to goose it.

Once I get done here, going to head home and start the process of applying the ceramic coat after she cools off, install license plate, read owner's manual and start f***ing with s**t.
View attachment 819633 View attachment 819634
Congrats! You may need to bring a tarp with you if you ride that to Eureka next year, to protect it from everyone drooling on it!

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
Congrats! You may need to bring a tarp with you if you ride that to Eureka next year, to protect it from everyone drooling on it!
I probably will. I haven't decided if maybe I want to swap back and forth between them every other touring/trip, or only use the El Diablo when on touring/trips (which is what I am leaning towards, it's going to be hard to want to tour on the Evo when the Diablo has cruise control and music). Around town, I am going to swap back and forth every day between them, for sure. It's definitely not going to be a situation where the Evo is only around-town and the Diablo is only for trips.

Hell, I might be riding twice as much now. Can't have them getting jealous of each other when they have to share the same bedroom. :p

· Registered
7,603 Posts
I went on a lunch ride over to Inverness today. Lots of back roads getting there and home - 143 miles total.

Plant Furniture Table Sky Shade

A cool place

Drinking establishment Building T-shirt Fun Barware

Table Furniture Interior design Chair Building

you can get a Big ass burger or a half ass burger

Font Paper Advertising Document Publication

pulled pork sandwich with slaw and Debbies sauce (spicey)

Food Ingredient Bun Corn chip Sandwich

In case Mike shows up

Barware Drinkware Alcoholic beverage Drink Font

the Cove out to the lake with an air boat and a pontoon boat tied at the dock

Water Plant Natural landscape Branch Tree

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Sardonicus87, Don't mess with the throttle by wire. Get used to it for a while first, as it is a lot different than cable throttle. Now, if after 6 months you still don't like the way the throttle works, the Pro Street Tuner has a Throttle progressivity file that can be adjusted to make it the same as a cable operated throttle. I just did this to my bike, and with the torque cam, you have to be real careful in 1st and 2nd gear on how you work the throttle.

13181 - 13200 of 13745 Posts