Harley Davidson Forums banner
13641 - 13660 of 13722 Posts

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,564 Posts
Now, for that chip repair class, I guess no "special" muffins will be involved?
Nope. Not my vice of choice anyway. Peanut butter and mushroom sandwich though... optional.

· Registered
2019 Freewheeler, Bandera, Texas
731 Posts
Did some additions to trike today. I added my cup holder that fits my thermos perfectly. I've used it on three bikes now. It looks a little rough, but was on my EG when I flipped it last year. I like keeping it as a reminder.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Light

Driver view, out of way and can easily reach it.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

I have a second camera that I'd tried a few different locations and was getting some vibration. This is where it seems to work best.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

So I went out on test ride to see how camera would do. The first 10 minutes went well till this:

Here's a clip from today's test ride, unedited. Each section is the bike camera that I was having issues picking up to much vibration, dang Harley, then same section of road filmed at same time with helmet cam. There's slow speeds, fast speeds, smooth road and rough roads. Would both views be watchable? I know my videos aren't very good but I at least try.

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,564 Posts
I did nothing the past 2 days, weather has been miserable with cold rain and I didn't feel like doing all that layering and suiting for just putting around town. Tomorrow supposed to be clear, but off and on (mostly on) rain for the next week.

I'm going to ride tomorrow regardless of what the weather looks like.

· Registered
4,819 Posts
Did some additions to trike today. I added my cup holder that fits my thermos perfectly. I've used it on three bikes now. It looks a little rough, but was on my EG when I flipped it last year. I like keeping it as a reminder.

View attachment 822413

View attachment 822414

I have a second camera that I'd tried a few different locations and was getting some vibration. This is where it seems to work best.

View attachment 822415

View attachment 822417

So I went out on test ride to see how camera would do. The first 10 minutes went well till this:

Here's a clip from today's test ride, unedited. Each section is the bike camera that I was having issues picking up to much vibration, dang Harley, then same section of road filmed at same time with helmet cam. There's slow speeds, fast speeds, smooth road and rough roads. Would both views be watchable? I know my videos aren't very good but I at least try.

Les you're so lucky the phone was still in one piece after that little mishap , sure can see the difference between camera's

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Changed the batteries in the fob and the locator (Apple thing). Almost got nice enough a few days ago to take a short ride. Things go south quickly here, though. The other night, a dude riding at about midnight (temp was in the mid-20s) was on a ramp to westbound I-90, lost control, hit the jersey barrier, got thrown from the bike and then hit by a passing vehicle. Fatal. Snowed Saturday night, about an inch-&-a-half. Gonna stay cold here for about another week or so. Overnight lows in the single digits early next week. Hope we see some warmer temps soon.

· old scoot coot
7,329 Posts
Changed the batteries in the fob and the locator (Apple thing). Almost got nice enough a few days ago to take a short ride. Things go south quickly here, though. The other night, a dude riding at about midnight (temp was in the mid-20s) was on a ramp to westbound I-90, lost control, hit the jersey barrier, got thrown from the bike and then hit by a passing vehicle. Fatal. Snowed Saturday night, about an inch-&-a-half. Gonna stay cold here for about another week or so. Overnight lows in the single digits early next week. Hope we see some warmer temps soon.
sorry to hear about the fatality. i'm wishing ya warmer weather amigo! :)

· Registered
41 Posts
sad story

· Registered
41 Posts

View attachment 822413

View attachment 822414

View attachment 822415

View attachment 822417

really good videos man. Thanks for sharing. Winter time here in the NE ...Use to watch the fishing videos on TV from down south during the winterup north here too just to keep it real.

· Registered
628 Posts
I’ll give y’all a fashion show on my chick with the different styles I have for her😎.
Strutting the run way with street glide seat and tall sissy bar when I ride solo and need to pic up something or put tools in to work in backpack,solo with rack then with road king seat and rack . Then y’all know the OEM tour pack and couch seat i can leave the RK seat on and put the TP on and I think GF will still be comfortable but not on the SG seat. The tallest
Seat goes couch seat ,RK seat and the SG seat sits me lower so the RK has both worlds passenger comfort and lower than the couch seat.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
5,553 Posts

View attachment 822413

View attachment 822414

View attachment 822415

View attachment 822417

Good to see your phone survived the dismount! :eek:

I'm a fan of the helmet cam.
1. It proves your on a bike.
2. Shows where your looking, thus the intended route.
3. Shows the surrounding area much clearer.
4.Shows relative distance to other vehicles
and 5. The tar snakes aren't flying at the camera. (That makes me dizzy).
Just my .02

BTW, your videos are 1000% better than the junk i have posted!
I like the mix when you mesh the Relive app with actual video. That really tells the whole story.

· Registered
2019 Freewheeler, Bandera, Texas
731 Posts
Good to see your phone survived the dismount! :eek:

I'm a fan of the helmet cam.
1. It proves your on a bike.
2. Shows where your looking, thus the intended route.
3. Shows the surrounding area much clearer.
4.Shows relative distance to other vehicles
and 5. The tar snakes aren't flying at the camera. (That makes me dizzy).
Just my .02

BTW, your videos are 1000% better than the junk i have posted!
I like the mix when you mesh the Relive app with actual video. That really tells the whole story.
Thanks. I like the helmet cam the best also. Another thing I do is run a speedometer app on phone. It's hard to see with glare but sometimes folks would ask how fast I was going. Issue with helmet cam is sometimes it seems my head is on swivel when at intersections. Good point about tar snakes, hadn't thought about that. I like the mix of Relive and video footage as it does tell a story. Down side is It's time consuming on the editing side. Wish I could have better sound, the wind over powers all other sounds above about 30 mph.

· old scoot coot
7,329 Posts
Strutting the run way with street glide seat and tall sissy bar when I ride solo and need to pic up something or put tools in to work in backpack,solo with rack then with road king seat and rack . Then y’all know the OEM tour pack and couch seat i can leave the RK seat on and put the TP on and I think GF will still be comfortable but not on the SG seat. The tallest
Seat goes couch seat ,RK seat and the SG seat sits me lower so the RK has both worlds passenger comfort and lower than the couch seat. View attachment 822464
View attachment 822465 View attachment 822466
good lookin bike glide. i like the color combo and paint scheme.;)

· Registered
7,595 Posts
I went for a short ride today to "test" my new rear tire. I should change it every 5k - it feels that much better. I stopped by the N. Lake County park outside of Umatilla.
Cloud Sky Street light Flag Road surface
Cloud Sky Road surface Asphalt Tree
Cloud Sky Street light Plant Road surface
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Asphalt
Sky Cloud Plant Daytime Tree
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire

13641 - 13660 of 13722 Posts