Harley Davidson Forums banner
13661 - 13680 of 13722 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Battery shot, bike wouldn't start this morning...so went to HD Nassau and a new fully charged AGM Battery in the morning. Nice day finally about 53 degrees went to Port Jefferson, NY ...hooked up with a couple of other random bikes (Vrod dude) on the way. Thats a fast bike!! Nice guys and a nice day. Tomorow is in the 50's as well before it turns cold...so will ride again tomorrow.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Water Boat Water resources Watercraft Infrastructure

· old scoot coot
7,329 Posts
good evening motorsickle maestros. i very fine oh solo mio ride today. i blasted off at 10:30 this morning. 51 degrees. just had on jeans and a hoodie with my usual trimountain jacket. i did wear a pair of knit gloves, a bit nippy leaving. up to 64 degrees coming back in. last ride with tony i didn't run the flint hills and the twisties in the wind farms south of shidler, ok. so today i headed west and north through the flint hills through independence, niataze, peru, sedan, cedervale out 166 west to the ks15 jct. then south to shidler, ok on through the wind farm twisties into the osage nation. intended to take hwy11 east to pawhuska and on into bville and north and east to home. i was a gallon low on fuel when i left so when i got to that jct it was 56 miles east on into pawhuska. i'd not have made it so i continued on to fairfax and got fuel, 5.1. gal, and doubled back north to hwy 11 then on into pawhuska. 216 miles of smiles out in the severe clear blue sky and big ole white puffy cumulus clouds. just don't get any better than that on a january 28th day in dorothy land. winter arriving again in the wee hours before dawn. colder than ole billy hell for at least another week. global warming is a hard sell this year. fury running crisp at high cruise, 80mph. i don't think there is one bug on it. a winter blessing i can live with for sure. have a great rest of weekend y'all. i'll be sitting by the fire. hasta.

· Registered
41 Posts
2nd day of warm(er) weather here. 50 and overcast. Stayed really local around the old neighborhood where I grew up on some single lane roads. A few twistys down to the beach.

This is Fleets Cove Beach in Centerport NY. North Shore of Long Island beach is on the bay side.

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Cloud

Map Screenshot Terrestrial plant Water Font

North is the LI Sound and across is Connecticut.

Map Slope World Water Geological phenomenon

Going to get cold here rain snow and stuff the next week or so. Glad to get two rides in this weekend!

· Registered
5,552 Posts
I installed the new grips on the Sporty today.
Forgot how much a PIA cable throttle is! Gotta pull the air can and backplate just to get to the throttle. This showed me just how filthy the intake filter was. So ya, add on another notch in the ta do list.

Once i got the intake clean, cables set and all back together i ran the bike to test both switch clusters to make sure i didn't foul up something else in the process. All checked good.

BUT, I can't believe we have had this bike 2 years already, today was the first time i hit the horn...
OMG! I about fell out laughing at that stupid anemic sounding horn! I have heard mopeds with more "Move IT" in them that this POS! :eek::p:ROFLMAO::cry: Barely a "mmeep".

Looks exactly like the horn on my Ultra and like the one on my old FX80. Both will ensure you of their presence!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Here's the new grips: Now i gotta find a horn that sounds like a horn...:rolleyes:

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,564 Posts
It was rainy again today so I didn't ride just because of the temperature (63° or something high temp). I don't mind riding in the rain if it's like 75° or more. But, I need to figure out something better to weather proof my phone before I ride in the rain. With the seating position on the Diablo, I can't have my phone in my pocket (way to uncomfortable), so even if I am not listening to music or using it, I put it on the handlebars. I haven't seen a waterproof case yet that will work with the mount (phone barely fits in as it is, and RAM only makes the "Tough Charge" in one size).

With the other one, I just use a Ziploc bag, which I could do here, but the bag is kind of a pita. There's always extra bag hanging off in the back or squished up, and I can't put the bag over the whole thing because of the mount arm. The only thing I could think of is a waterproof thing like what my wife uses, it's basically a vinyl bag that fits the size of the phone, but the opening is this big, hard plastic piece that locks shut. I'd have to cut that off, put the phone in with the hole at the bottom and just leave the bottom open.

I need to get or make a waterproof cover for the bar bag too. I wonder if they make aftermarket rain covers in various sizes, maybe I can find one small enough with a cinch chord/purse string type whatever closure. So far though, the only rain covers I am finding are for backpacks, which is WAY too huge. I can't seem to get Google or Amazon to understand what "small" means, or how to show me rain covers for bags that aren't backpacks. Too bad they deprecated the "- exclusion" in searches ages ago, that would be super helpful right now. Even current articles say just put a minus (-) and then the word you want excluded, but that doesn't work (and all it does is double down on the results with the word you want excluded).

EDIT:
Found a rain cover that might work for the bar bag, but looks also like it might be too big. Tried searching camera rain cover because of this one and all the ones that come up are huge, nothing smaller. :rolleyes:

I'm so fn tired of technology and it treating me like I am stupid or knows what I want or trying to do shit for me that I didn't tell it to do, because 99.9% of the time, it guesses wrong. Just fn do what I said to do, not what you THINK I meant. 🤬

Shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops and trick the stupid stuff into doing exactly what I want. Starting to think old Ted K had a point...

· Registered
41 Posts
I installed the new grips on the Sporty today.
Forgot how much a PIA cable throttle is! Gotta pull the air can and backplate just to get to the throttle. This showed me just how filthy the intake filter was. So ya, add on another notch in the ta do list.

Once i got the intake clean, cables set and all back together i ran the bike to test both switch clusters to make sure i didn't foul up something else in the process. All checked good.

BUT, I can't believe we have had this bike 2 years already, today was the first time i hit the horn...
OMG! I about fell out laughing at that stupid anemic sounding horn! I have heard mopeds with more "Move IT" in them that this POS! :eek::p:ROFLMAO::cry: Barely a "mmeep".

Looks exactly like the horn on my Ultra and like the one on my old FX80. Both will ensure you of their presence!
View attachment 822751
View attachment 822752

Here's the new grips: Now i gotta find a horn that sounds like a horn...:rolleyes:
Love those Grips. Are those Arlen Ness?

· old scoot coot
7,329 Posts
2nd day of warm(er) weather here. 50 and overcast. Stayed really local around the old neighborhood where I grew up on some single lane roads. A few twistys down to the beach.

This is Fleets Cove Beach in Centerport NY. North Shore of Long Island beach is on the bay side.

View attachment 822748

View attachment 822749

North is the LI Sound and across is Connecticut.

View attachment 822750

Going to get cold here rain snow and stuff the next week or so. Glad to get two rides in this weekend!
much better!

13661 - 13680 of 13722 Posts