Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I went on a little adventure a month ago or so and modified my, to me, too quiet SE II slipons.

Whatcha guys think? I personally love it so if you don't feel free to be honest you won't hurt my feelings. Plus, if you have a nice sounding bike...POST IT!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to check it on start up... sounds like a dog barking... other than that, seems pretty sweet!

j/k... I know that was a dog.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might want to check it on start up... sounds like a dog barking... other than that, seems pretty sweet!

j/k... I know that was a dog.
People always talk about the Singer sewing machine noise with harleys....mine does have an odd bark at startup though you're right!!!!

As much as I love em, that damn dog chases you on a motorcycle like your a t bone steak. Annoying as hell. Oh well...

Sounds very good.

I wish I had road around here that I could take a video like that.

Oh come on...there must be one somewhere....then again I just have to walk to the end of the driveway to find one so what do I know!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I love the drag pipe sound, but to me this is perfect. Power+ great sound+ a truly 1 off sound because of my ghetto modifications. Not many Harley riders can say that!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you do to the baffles?

Oh its a special little mix of redneck engineering and more redneck engineering!!
Basically, the outer baffle is gone. Then I straightened the deflector plate on the inner baffle. Then I wrapped sheet metal around the inner baffle to block exhaust from getting through all of the holes in the inner baffle and.....well you hear it!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Since you like tinkering here's an idea next time you are bored. I take it your SEII baffles are removeable (not all SEII's are the same). I removed my baffles, then I cut a 1 1/2" hole in the bottom of 2 Tuna cans (empty of course), and slipped them into the empty muffler shells. Nearly a perfect fit, then a couple of sheet metal screws to hold them in, and off for a ride. A really different sound, but too loud for me, so I removed them. Note: the bottom of the Tuna can (any can same size)
won't last for a long time, but long enough for kicks and grins. :ride

Oh yea, yours sounds good!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
36,951 Posts

I'll have to make another video sometime with the skeleton case when I get a new GoPro. That one is with the underwater case.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
05 NightTrain 1/4 mi - YouTube

I'll have to make another video sometime with the skeleton case when I get a new GoPro. That one is with the underwater case.
Run an external mic for the best sound if you can....
I really need to get my bike to a strip. I bet it could pull 13 but what do I know....

Edit:
Hold on a minute.....12.5s on 111/112??? NOt trying to be a jerk here but I thought with that kind of power it would be faster...Then again it does have 150+ pounds on my sporty so that is a big factor....

Edit number 2: I still feel this didn't come out right. I guess all I mean is that I felt it would be faster than 12.5 with that kind of power that's all. I'm not trying to put your bike down in any way.
Hmmmmm.......

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Sensible launch, easy shifting, I think 12.5's is pretty good. There's a lotta pieces of seconds that could be gained by going all out.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sensible launch, easy shifting, I think 12.5's is pretty good. There's a lotta pieces of seconds that could be gained by going all out.
OK. This is what I was thinking too. I felt that he didn't give it his all....not that I blame him. Who wants to blow clutches and crap. I guess that's why I expected a 12-12.3 with a 4 grand clutch dump, power shifting and all that it probably would be in that range. It almost seemed to me like he wasn't revving it to redline either but that audio in the case makes it hard to hear...

And thank you!!! Red

1 - 20 of 28 Posts