Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying another bike from the same dealer. The last one turned out great. This one is an 03 FXDL. 36k miles. Was a local trade. They have the guys name etc obviously, but can only give so much info. The tech just pulled the cover and checked that its an Andrews gear drive cam (not sure if a 26 or 37 or what??). It has a 95" big bore kit. Decent after market paint job... 8 out of 10. Drag bar. I have no idea on whether it has head work or not. I don't know the cam. I believe it has vance and hines pipes. What else can i or should i know before buying. I can get it for $7500 out the door. Thanks guys. I currently have an 01 883 with a 1200 S&S kit that runs pretty darn good. I'm hoping this will have much more torque than i currently have. My last bike was an 06 Heritage Softail with cam upgrades and it was acceptable... Thanks guys! Looking to bite on this soon.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Were you able to review the service records? I recently bought the Mrs an '06 1200XL and the had all of the service records on it. Made me feel better about my purchase.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Due to privacy laws they may not be able to provide much about the owner (probably should not have even given you his name) but you can ask that they contact the previous owner and ask permission for you to call him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will ask for service records since he was local. He probably can't give me his name due to new laws but maybe they'll contact him to see if it's ok if i call him.. I think they did that for me the last time i bought from this dealer.
Any opinions on if this is a good deal or not? I may be able to do $7,000 due to the snowy Iowa winters.... kind of off season for another month or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with the state of mind piece. I buy and sell a lot.... farm equipment, toys (big boy), cars and trucks etc. As long as the buyer and seller are both happy, the deal was GOOD! I'm hoping that the buyer is happy in the long run on this one. ;) I need to get a good shop manual for this model. Any suggestions? Clymer, Harley,?? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dyna1.jpg

dyna2.jpg I bought it! I have the names of both previous owners. I did get the Harley manual. It has the Andrews 37g gear cams and the 95" kit is probably SE, but not sure yet. It starts and runs great...in my garage, even in the 40 degree temps. I am praying for God to allow for an early Spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts